IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MyParkingCharge VCS Parking Charge Newcastle

Options
unknown_user
unknown_user Posts: 46 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Hi

On the 25th April I parked in what I thought was a free after 6 car park run by the city council, parked about 7:20 went to the cinema came back and drove home, a few weeks passed and then when i parked at a park & ride to commute to work, I paid for a ticket. Later I noticed a dodgy looking ticket on the window, it said time of contravention 20:34, i didnt even look at the date, I paid for parking until 5pm and my car was not parked in the park & ride at 20:34 so didnt take any notice of it. A week later I got a letter (NTK) in the post from VCS advising of a charge of £100 for an unpaid parking ticket or £60 if I pay within 14 days.
I checked the date and location and the penny dropped.

So I am now asking what would others do in this situation, ignore the letter or respond?

I understand this car park is now a private one ex council run and the fee is an invoice not a fine.
I've read the newbie first and VCS appear to be a member of IPC. I have seen the template and thinking of writting back to them.

Frstly I need to go back to the scene of the crime and take a look at the parking signs, and take some photos etc.

Any help would be much appreicated.

Comments

• DarkShadow
    DarkShadow Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Have you contacted their customer services? Tell them that you want to talk to the manager
    Bank accounts
    Santander : 17 year relationship, 0 problems to date.
  • unknown_user
    unknown_user Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I havent yet no theres an 0845 number to ring but thats to pay.

just so theres no confusion the parking charge notice is for the time i went to the car park after 6pm when I didn't have a valid ticket.

I found it odd that I had no PCN stuck to my window, but somehow a few weeks later i get a PCN it a different car park but for the offence on the 25th.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,308 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Never 'phone a parking company. The NEWBIES tells you this.

The advice to ignore has not been given since the law changed in 2012, and is also explained in the NEWBIES.

Send the IPC template you have already mentioned. Copy and paste and send, no editing. Don't miss the appeal deadline which is often 21 days for an IPC member.

After that it is wait for the inevitable rejection then follow the advice for IPC members as per the NEWBIES.

What happened when you complained to the landowner?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • unknown_user
    Options
    Went onto the my parking charge website theres photos of my car in the parking bay.

Theres a small sign fixed to a stone wall a few bays away from my car stating its private land,

I didn't see anywhere on the sign you had to pay and how much just says its a 24 hour car park.

I'm still unsure about this charge, i feel its unjustified £60 charge, so I've drafted a reply using the IPC template and going to appeal.
  • unknown_user
    Options
    I'm still unsure who the landowner is to be honest but will try and find out.
  • unknown_user
    Options
    Appeal rejected by VCS do I appeal again to the IAS or just ignore this now?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 June 2017 at 7:33PM
    Options
    evidently you complain to the ASA ?

why?

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/suncity-uk-a14-282933.html

vcs/excell are keen to say that the "myparkingcharge" ticket on the car is not a NTD ,

in the case of excel/vcs you are being invited to goto there website and see if you have been lucky enough to have actually been issued a ticket , however at the time of the ticket appearing and the fact that no ticket(NTD) is on the car , they cannot issue a ticket untill 28 days + one ,so therefore its a sham
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Appeal rejected by VCS do I appeal again to the IAS or just ignore this now?

The NEWBIES thread tells you about not doing IAS, and about a defence, if they try court.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Was this Strawberry Place near St James?
  • unknown_user
    Options
    It was the Gallowgate Car Park behind the Strawberry Public House.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback