IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MyParkingCharge VCS Parking Charge Newcastle

Options

Comments

• bdee83
    bdee83 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • unknown_user
    Options
    Hi umkomaas

I never received any more letters from debt collection once I sent my original appeal. As far as I know the fee to recover the money was dropped as I ignore all previous attempts to make me pay.

I sent 1 appeal which got rejected and did nothing else.

Hope you get sorted, let me know how it goes.
  • gem1875
    gem1875 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

I have just had a Letter before Claim for a ticket received at this car park. Has anyone managed to find out who the owner is? I haven’t had much luck?

Thanks
    G
  • edwardo27
    edwardo27 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Gem, I am also fighting a claim against this site. No idea who the owner is.
  • bluek12
    bluek12 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    edwardo27 wrote: »
    Hi Gem, I am also fighting a claim against this site. No idea who the owner is.

Hi edwardo27, did anything come of this?

I'm confused as I've also recently received a ticket but have looked at the pictures online via their website which shows a close-up of my valid ticket.

Thanks
  • edwardo27
    Options
    No, received a "Notice of trial" date today. But I never sent my witness statement in. The PCN was not in my name but my partners, and to say it has caused issues between us in an understatement so I have given up and I am just waiting for a judgement so i can just pay with 30 days and forget this ever happened.
  • bluek12
    Options
    edwardo27 wrote: »
    No, received a "Notice of trial" date today. But I never sent my witness statement in. The PCN was not in my name but my partners, and to say it has caused issues between us in an understatement so I have given up and I am just waiting for a judgement so i can just pay with 30 days and forget this ever happened.

Sorry to hear that!

I've recently received another letter from them stating that a parking warden seen me receiving a ticket from someone else rendering it invalid. Confused as to how they can be certain a ticket was transferred and also no notice on signage of this being against the rules of their car park.
  • bluek12
    Options
    Can anybody confirm that the current advice is to NOT appeal via IAS and ignore further communication from them?

This seems to be the case having read other threads but I just want to be sure.

Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bluek12 wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm that the current advice is to NOT appeal via IAS and ignore further communication from them?

This seems to be the case having read other threads but I just want to be sure.

Thanks

Absolutely, fully covered in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3, although I’m not clear who ‘them’ are.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • bluek12
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Absolutely, fully covered in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3, although I’m not clear who ‘them’ are.

Great, thanks for that!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure