IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MyParkingCharge VCS Parking Charge Newcastle

Options

Comments

• Lily-Moon
    Lily-Moon Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I need some advice please-
    I went to a small town I know after a long time and needed to get petrol from the asda filling station, and there is a currys pc world next to the store.  I went to the currys carpark as I figured it is empty and its a short walk across their small car park near the entrance and (keeping with social distancing & being high risk person) I would avoid other people in the car park.
    I didnt see the signs up stating the 2hr limit for currys customers (while on the premises) and was in asda for literally a few mins (I got a sandwich and drink) and when I got back, there was a card in the windscreen.
    A week later, I have a NTD asking for £100 (£60 in paid within 14days of the letter dated a week ago!).  Photos just show the car parked up.
    I have a few concerns considering the store was closed yet the car park is open to access and these hitmen are laying in wait (I wasn't the only one who was in the car park and assume others also were pounced on.  I was on the car park for well under the time limit and was not to know the store was closed when I drove up - I have not followed all the covid lock down, reopen dates etc, I just knew that things were opening in England (I had come down from Scotland on work).
    What do I do about this and on what issues can I reject this claim on my hard earned cash?
    Also, can someone explain where the newbie thread is as I can't figure this website out at all and feel I must be missing something really obvious! :)
    Many thanks
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    This isnt your thread
    You need to delete this post, go back to page 1, and READ the newbies thread. Once youve done that, you can start a new thread. 
  • unknown_user
    unknown_user Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SAR request done, received the information back. I requested the case was out on hold until I received email from the DPO.
    I remember I sent one appeal direct to VCS and it got rejected. 
    What happens next do I wait for a follow up letter to one LBC already issued or do I start doing a WS?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I don't believe you have received a court claim yet have you?  Your last post before the SAR was that you had received a LBC; has it moved on from there?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I remember I sent one appeal direct to VCS and it got rejected. 
    Is that appeal in the SAR papers?  Did you admit to driving?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • unknown_user
    edited 7 July 2020 at 10:00AM
    Options
    Coupon-Mad

The appeal is yes, NTK and my original appeal. Nope i specifically used a template provided in newbies. All it says is about the keeper responding and driver will not be identified. Followed by some questions requesting signs/photos/ANPR etc

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So SAR done , await a court claim , or an LBC , ideally still try for a landowner cancellation due to no court claim yet

You are nowhere near any WS stage because you haven't had a court claim , haven't prepared and submitted a defence etc

This is a process like a hurdle race , false starts until the court claim starter gun goes off
  • unknown_user
    Options
    Does anyone know of the landowner for this site, gallowgate strawberry place?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know of the landowner for this site, gallowgate strawberry place?
    Providing it with the words gallowgate strawberry place, Google suggests it might be BNP Parabas Real Estate.
  • unknown_user
    edited 14 July 2020 at 11:31AM
    Options
    Redx said:
    So SAR done , await a court claim , or an LBC , ideally still try for a landowner cancellation due to no court claim yet

You are nowhere near any WS stage because you haven't had a court claim , haven't prepared and submitted a defence etc

This is a process like a hurdle race , false starts until the court claim starter gun goes off
    Hi Redx

I have received a LBC, so that is why I requested a SAR. Before contacting the landowner can you suggest what I can use to appeal, has anyone else been successful here before? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback