IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MyParkingCharge VCS Parking Charge Newcastle

Options

Comments

• unknown_user
    Options
    Reading the second thread there is no appeal,as this is a IPC member.

Do I sit tight and just ignore any further communication from VCS/Excel?
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As advised you don't appeal to the IAS. Come back when you receive the debt collection letters from BW Legal
  • unknown_user
    Options
    Hello

I received my notice of intended court proceedings today.States they are disappointed I haven't paid and noticed I haven't appealed to the IAS..(I was never going to).
    States they may commence legal proceedings quoting if successful can obtain a CCJ against me..
    Warrant of control a bailliff calling at my home.
    Attachment of earnings employer deduct payment from.wages and order to attend a court for questioning.

Anyone had this type of letter before and any action taken?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd reply that you are equally 'disappointed' that they haven't crawled back under their stone and stopped harassing you, and instead actually do something useful in life for Society.

Is this letter from VCS or BW Legal?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • unknown_user
    Options
    An awful template to produce a letter by vcs...for some reason they are quoting a case of Parking Eye vs Beavis about supreme court and charges are a legitimate commercial interest that are not extravagant nor unconscionable.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    'For some reason'? The Beavis case is what they all feed on, hence the current court frenzy.
  • unknown_user
    Options
    Hello

Any update just received a debt recovery letter from DRP ltd.The charge has risen to £160 so £60 for the charge and £100 for non payment with the 14 daya notice.
    Has anyone had this before and what is the outcome now?
    Court action is next?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    DRP letters should be ignored and you should have known this from reading post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread, plus the ROSSENDALES / DRP thread coupon mad posted ages ago too

the more you read , the more you learn

and yes , its been posted tens of thousands of times, probably the most common topic on here
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Court action is next?

If they can be bothered. They've tried for this area but they've suffered at the final hurdle. There is an issue with their paperwork somewhere but as they duck court for there, we may never know.

It's not exactly one of the quieter ends of town.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Do they start claims then discontinue them at Newcastle, IamEmanresu? Or duck claims altogether?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback