Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Thorn15
    Options
    I'm crossing everything that tomorrow we will all find out (something) I just want to be able to have a decent nights sleep and to stop going over everything over and over again!!! Positive thinking..... Everything crossed for tmorw guys :)
  • LauraH28
    LauraH28 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Thorn15 wrote: »
    I'm crossing everything that tomorrow we will all find out (something) I just want to be able to have a decent nights sleep and to stop going over everything over and over again!!! Positive thinking..... Everything crossed for tmorw guys :)
    Snap!! This thread has really helped me I don't feel as lost knowing there's a few of us going through the same thing! My husband is so laid back about it all its killing me. Can't eat can't sleep can't concentrate. Grrrr
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Very true, it certainly helps me as it is all I want to talk about. I might get my broker to chase if I haven't heard anything by early afternoon.

When do people think I should give notice on my rent? I'm buying a new build so searches "should" be relatively safe. I've been telling myself on exchange but that could be a few weeks away yet (pending solicitors).

I have to give two months notice which currently means I'm paying an extra months rent (£1000). Developer says she has done 5 exchanges already which suggests the searches are fine and that she would do it once mortgage offer has come in.

What do you all think?
  • LauraH28
    Options
    JamesN wrote: »
    Very true, it certainly helps me as it is all I want to talk about. I might get my broker to chase if I haven't heard anything by early afternoon.

When do people think I should give notice on my rent? I'm buying a new build so searches "should" be relatively safe. I've been telling myself on exchange but that could be a few weeks away yet (pending solicitors).

I have to give two months notice which currently means I'm paying an extra months rent (£1000). Developer says she has done 5 exchanges already which suggests the searches are fine and that she would do it once mortgage offer has come in.

What do you all think?
    We've been advised
    Not to put notice in until exchange as anything can happen. Not worth the risk with kids I don't think. We have 4 weeks notice to give.
  • Thorn15
    Options
    Yes it's defiantly helped me knowing other people r going through the same thing and waiting as well! Yes my other half is sooooo laid back he isn't even thinking about it!!! He keeps telling me to relax and stop thinking about it :eek: how is that even possible I am eating,sleeping,talking and dreaming mortgages!!!! :( just wanting it all to n through and offered a mortgage!! Tmrw is the day....surely :undecided
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LauraH28 wrote: »
    We've been advised
    Not to put notice in until exchange as anything can happen. Not worth the risk with kids I don't think. We have 4 weeks notice to give.

You're right. I know you are. Painful when it is costing £30 a day though!

I would be really surprised if it takes the landlord 2 months to find a new tenant. So fingers crossed it is only a month. I assume he would want a new tenant asap due to winter approaching.
  • LauraH28
    Options
    Yes it's defiantly helped me knowing other people r going through the same thing and waiting as well! Yes my other half is sooooo laid back he isn't even thinking about it!!! He keeps telling me to relax and stop thinking about it :eek: how is that even possible I am eating,sleeping,talking and dreaming mortgages!!!! :( just wanting it all to n through and offered a mortgage!! Tmrw is the day....surely :undecided
    You sound just like me. It's so frustrating. Surely some of us have to have some word on things today!!
  • Thorn15
    Thorn15 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    :j omg!!!! Txt 6:57am Formal mortgage has been issued :eek::eek::eek: does this mean everything is ok!? And they've actually given us a mortgage!?! I'm in shock and over the moon!
    Good luck guys everything crossed for u all today is the day!!!!!
  • LauraH28
    Options
    :j omg!!!! Txt 6:57am Formal mortgage has been issued :eek::eek::eek: does this mean everything is ok!? And they've actually given us a mortgage!?! I'm in shock and over the moon!
    Good luck guys everything crossed for u all today is the day!!!!!
    That's you on route to exchange. Congratulations Hun!
  • 8-of-us
    8-of-us Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Great news Thorn, hope its all you need when you get it through (in paper)

Lets hope you are the beginning of a really good day for all us impatient waiters :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge - #462
    I used the Thanks button as a Like button too :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback