Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well, I've 'done' Manchester. Left the house at 5.25am and was back home by 6.30pm as the whole shebang finished 90 mins early. Not a wildly inspirational day, but I'll admit to learning some useful bits and bobs. So, 4.5 hours in the meeting (including 1 hour for lunch?!) And 8.5hours travelling. I am living the high life indeed.

The meeting venue was totally rubbish on the gf side, but the meeting chap I spoke to has a gf girlfriend so he totally understood me and will be complaining to the hotal on my behalf. Yay. I ask you, is it unreasonable to expect the h1lt0n brand of hotel to at least have gf snack/biscuits in their kitchen? Or am I asking too much of them... Sigh.

However, I had nice seats on every train, met some great people, finished my book and made a glove elephant.

And now I am ready for bed,and have ensured that the 5am alarm is switched off!

Glad to hear your meeting finished early. Travelling is so tiring. It isn’t too much to ask to be offered a GF alternative to what everyone else is having at breaks in a meeting. It’s not like GF food isn’t widely available. I spend a lot of time in hotels and at events with work and can go from having a barely suitable lunch after nothing on arrival (when everyone else is tucking into bacon rolls) or at the 2 coffee breaks during the day to having better food than everyone else!
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Yes I also think GF snacks and options should be available.

Great news that you got back early though.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    On the other hand, just £2k more off the mortgage takes us in to the teens...

Brilliant - so close! :T
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,740 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Haven't gone to church. I did sleep well, but wanted some quiet time and space. Dd has stayed with me - dh is doing PA so had to leave at 8.30.

I'm chuffed to realise that the london marathon is on today, as I'd forgotten about it. I love watching it!

Dd is reading and I've done my kettlebell workout - I upped it to using my 12k KB. I'll try to up some other workouts but I think I might have to mix using the 8k and 12k for different exercises.

I have sewn up 6 fabric elephant tummies and eyes onto a glove elephant. I'll soon need to source more stuffing...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Make that a total of 10 elephants completed.

Am smug at the fact that tomorrow I can get up at 6.20 - the time I usually have to leave the house at. Because we have a car!! Keeping my steps up will be tricky. And doing headspace. And having clear-my-head thinking time...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Just because I can sleep in until 6.20, doesn't mean that I will... Was awake at 5.05 but managed to doze until 6.05 and then gave up and got up!

It was odd knowing that I had the car and that it would only take me about 20 mins each way to work.

Dd wore her brownie uniform to school for st George's day and we are all very glad that she did as she bumped into a boy - they were both running- ands she bounced off him and along the floor. Had she had her usual skirt and socks on, she would have shredded her knees. As it was, she 'just' has nasty scrapes on her knees and one hand.

Am up to nsd 16 so far. Not too shabby. Just realised that I've not spent any money for the last 6 days.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    School run - done
    Books back tothe lib - done
    Counselling - done
    sainz + aldee - done
    zcut #4 with both sizes of KB - done
    lovely hot restorative bath - done
    finish 2 elephants - done
    make another robin doorstop - done
    send a frog email (or 3) - done
    collect dd + friend, feed and take to brownies - done
    read some book - done
    daily readings -done
    arrange a coffee date with dh - done

Not bad. Though there are still several things on the list that have rolled over to later in the week.

Dh told me that he thinks that my tea + cake party next month should be a champagne + cake party. Not complaining!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds great!

How are you managing with your steps?
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Steps are dire, earthgirl! I used to do 5k before even reaching work... Not no more. Will need to actively be active now.

Enjoying my last 10 mins before the busyness starts.

Took dd to school, have half cleaned the bathroom tiles, defrosted the freezer, done zcut #5 with a mix of the kettlebells. Lunches are made. Strawberry plant planted up.

Soon to leave to collect dd and go to the eye appt that was cancelled a few weeks ago - up to 2 hours each way. Sigh. And no point driving . And the appt might last 2 hours - it did last time. And I'm supposed to be at a parents evening at 5pm. Gulp. At least having the car means that once home, I can get to work within 30 mins. I think! Dh has a meeting up in lunnon and has strict orders to be home by 4.15, just in case we are...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    It did indeed take us 2 hours to get to the hospital. Traffic was dire. Then we were at the hospital for 3.5 hours. I changed the return journey and it took us 1.25 hours. I was frantically texting dh to meet us in the car when we got to the end of our tram journey wnd I'd swap the car for dd! Bless him, he did it, and brought the corrsct clothes for me so I was fit To go and meet parents.

I was an hour late for the parents eve, but had such a lovely time with those I saw. Exhausting, but uplifting.

Today I have been weary and not done much at all. Then at 4pm I remembered that dd wanted to go to a club at church that starts at 4.30. Thank goodness for the car!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback