Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope your hands start to feel better soon x (and that the elbows and toes change their minds about joining in!) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The £ emporium has saved me about £20 on a £13 spend, compared with if I'd bought the items in sainz. Result :T.

Specsavers have adjusted my specs so I hope they don't hurt my ears anymore.

Zcut #8 has been done. Ooph.

I have voted.

I found a couple of nice rings in a ch shop - I want one for my bday and it's safest to find one myself! And 1 for dh as his wedding ring has never fitted him properly. All for £9.:T

Off to bham tomorrow, an am coinciding with big sis.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I dropped dd at school and then walked the 10-15 mins to get the tram, bought my train ticket and the lovely ticket barrier man let me through early so I caught the 9.25 train. A scheduled 38 min journey went well and I then did the 10 min walk to the next station, walking straight on to a train with about 4-5 mins to spare. 80 mins later saw me get off the train, exit the barriers to get to the loo, re-enter and walk onto the last train for 10mins. All in all, it took me 2 hours and 40 mins from the first train to getting off the last. Never done it that fast before! That's probably why I feel the need to detail every last bit of it here :rotfl:.

Also an NSD as I never count food spends when at mum's as I can't carry it all with me and we are trying not to stockpile food here - a pointless thing to do.

Spent some time with mum and then met big sis in a nice hotel bar where we nattered away for 90+ mins. Sis then went to see mum and I came to the house, checked the cupboards and nipped to the shops as big sis wanted me to cook a spanish omelette for tea. Popped over to see a friend and borrowed their hoover, so the house is all hoovered now.

Ooh, and the freezer is all nice and defrosted - it was screeching at us every time we pulled out a drawer. Eek.

Big sis and I went for a walk in the woods to admire the bluebells, and then looked at some of the slides -yep, those ones. Just the ones that were family, only 6 boxes worth...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Gosh, but big sis and I have had some frank, open, honest conversations . Tis indeed a good thing.

my journey home took considerably longer than going, and was considerably warmer! It is always lovely to get home, especially when dd comes to meet me off the bus.

And I then mowed the front and back, weeded a bit in the back and we moved the climbing frame to its 'summer' position.

Kids klub tomorrow. So glad we have the car as we can leave the house 30 mins later than when we used to get the bus.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Glad you Birmingham trip went well. I sometimes dream about not needing two cars, but it sounds like having one is working great for you!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    We went down to one car ages ago and dh used to go on public transport to work, as it was quicker for him to do bus/train/bus for 25 miles than for me to do buses for 6! That was in the pre-dd days...

Hands are supremely feeble today - possibly not helped hugely by yesterday's activities...

Anyhow, today I have managed to rake over the rasp patch and spread around the compost and ashes that were sitting there as well as a bunch of wild flower seeds I sprinkled on there.

Before that I removed the sticks that hadn't burned in 2 bonfires and shifted the bricks to a tidy pile - one brick at a time - soooo slow. And packed up a load of old milk containers that had served their purpose as planters.

Then I re-planted a tommie plant and used up the remaining compost to do 2 planters of mixed herbie seeds and 1 of mixed salad leaves.

We have put up, waterproofed and packed down the tent for our camping escapade at the end of the month.

2 washes are pon the line.

Required downloads have been made for my marking.

And the Tour de Yorkshire (with all the titles/notes done in French - why???!!!) has been enjoyed. Well done to the winner - an epic effort and well-deserved.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds like a really productive day, sorry to hear your hands are sore though :(
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I am now on to bone broth. No slow cooker, so boiling it up in a pan for a long while, then straining the liquid off and replenishing and boiling again and... Won't do me any harm.

Another really good counselling session today. And another day of plenty of walking - 18k steps. Some sitting in the sunshine and reading was good for my soul.

Shopped at sainz for gf/df stuff (£30 :eek:) and then aldee for veggies, 85% choc + cashews (£11 :D - and £5 of that was the choc + nuts). I was served by a neighbour, so it's always good to have a quick catch-up as she scanS my items.

I did ZCUT #10 with my 8k KB. 15 mins was 3 rounds (or was it 4?) and then as far as 1 windmill each side. Then 2 mins of KB sumo squat + pivot to a lunge = 24.

Dh did a quick tip run, which has made a huge difference to the back garden. And I have finally finished wiping/cleaning the bathroom tiles + walls + ceiling + door.

Made an apricot/lemon/gf/df/vegan/no-cook thingy that has turned out pretty well. May substitute dates for the apricots next time - and only make half the quantity, as my whizzer gizmo doesn't hold a huge amount.

A busy day ahead tomorrow.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    My bone broth is rather yuk! I shall make the next batch tastier.

Did headspace today before waking dd. Then got her some food and did ZCUT #11 for 15 mins while she munched. It was good to get it done first thing.

Popped into town on the way to workand found a couple of things I needed for dd, got spocksavers to adjust my specs and still had time to chat to an old colleague when I arrived.

Had a PE cover this afternoon -and impressed the y8 and 9s with my knowledge of rounders and my bowling. Go me! However, it has hurt my knee and my hands are even more enfeebled. Lesson learned... probably.

Up to 16k steps, thanks in part to popping in to town. Am making a concerted effort to move and it seems to be working.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    And so I enter a new decade. It doesn't feel any different from the last one yet...

10 years ago we had a big (for us) joint party as combined, we were 90. The weather was grotty and it was all a squash in the house and rather stressful.

Tomorrow I'm having a few friends round for a tea party - drinks and cakes. If they all coincide then there'll be 10 of them. Much better.

Just found a b-a-b £5 voucher that runs out on the 16th, so must get dd there asap!

Did ZCUT #12 this morning with an 8k KB. A good way to start the day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback