Add your feedback on energy supplier M&S Energy

Options

Comments

• I've been with Southern Electric for dual fuel for a number of years and prices are now ridiculous, we're high users, but SE aren't able to offer me a better deal at the moment.

Used the Cheap Energy Club and it says M&S Energy can save me £264 pa. I'll take that! I can't directly link to this offer from CEC, I have to use the M&S site, but unfortunately it looks like I can only arrange Standard Energy tariff at the moment. The Fix & Save tariff says 'coming soon'. Tried calling M&S but after 20 mins of hold music I gave up.

Interesting to hear SE is supplying M&S. It's infuriating why I should have to change to get it cheaper through another supplier!

Does anyone know if the Dec 14 fixed pricing costs are going to be changed from the fix & save Sept 14 offer?
  • Marmaduke123
    Options
    I think the M&S deal was from SSE, not SE. It looks as if the September 2014 has been pulled then, as was rumoured. I should imagine the December 2014 fix will be more expensive. I hope we managed to sneak in just in time!
  • Marmaduke123
    Options
    Got my email from M&S today. All OK by the look of it.
  • mirabelle
    mirabelle Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Have just spoken to M & S and they are not putting any more customers onto September 2014 Fix. They do not have the prices for the December 2014 Fix yet but suggested looking at the end of the week on the website.
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    British Gas have sent me a letter asking for final meter readings, but M&S haven't asked me for starting ones yet.

According to British Gas my account's gone from them (I can no longer log in which is annoying as they owe me about £250 but I'm not sure exactly how much) and I'm due to switch on 7 October. My M&S one has been set up but not asked for readings yet and no direct debit has appeared. Am I supposed to use my initiative and just supply online readings or will they ask me to on a specific date?

Sorry, first time I've switched and not sure of the process.
  • jamesperrett
    jamesperrett Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    LuSiVe wrote: »
    Am I supposed to use my initiative and just supply online readings or will they ask me to on a specific date?

In my case they sent me a letter and also texted me. They offered the option to text back the meter readings so that's what I did. The readings have to be taken within 5 days of the switching date although they try to persuade you to take them before the switching date as, presumably, as the new supplier they earn a little more while your old supplier loses out on the energy they would have supplied if the meter readings had been taken later.
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks, they texted me on application, so I'll hold off until I hear from them again.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In my case they sent me a letter and also texted me. They offered the option to text back the meter readings so that's what I did. The readings have to be taken within 5 days of the switching date although they try to persuade you to take them before the switching date as, presumably, as the new supplier they earn a little more while your old supplier loses out on the energy they would have supplied if the meter readings had been taken later.
    They say that the initial meter readings can also be entered by logging in to your online energy account. However, whilst there does seem to be a section entitled 'Meter readings', there doesn't seem to be a way of actually entering any readings. Not a very encouraging start!
    Stompa
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think the M&S deal was from SSE, not SE.
    Well correspondence is headed 'Southern Electric', but that is part of SSE of course.
    Stompa
  • 597money
    597money Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Got my email from M&S today. All OK by the look of it.

I've had an Activation email only. Been a few days and not got my four digit code in the post yet. Is that the email you got from M&S?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure