Add your feedback on energy supplier M&S Energy

Options

Comments

• MiserlyMartin
    Options
    So there's a £50 early exit fee for M&S but when would you ever want to exit early? They can't put the prices up until the end as its fixed, the only time you would want to exit is if prices went down and nobody expects this to happen. I can't see any drawback to this deal! Can you?
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    So there's a £50 early exit fee for M&S but when would you ever want to exit early? They can't put the prices up until the end as its fixed, the only time you would want to exit is if prices went down and nobody expects this to happen. I can't see any drawback to this deal! Can you?

I'd move if prices went down, not likely I know or if another provider brought out a deal which was cheaper, also I go if I found the customer service to be really bad but then I'd be arguing to get them to waive the exit fee.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I guess you could argue that, when this tariff ends, customers will switch away a bit later than may be necessary to avoid accidentally triggering the cancellation fee. So they may end up on an expensive standard tariff for a while (in October when consumption might be fairly high).
    Stompa
  • happyinflorida
    Options
    Isn't it possible to just ring up the companies and ask them for their cheapest unit price?

Wouldn't that be the best way of finding the cheapest supplier?
  • Stompa
    Options
    Summer01 wrote: »
    Went onto Quidco this morning to move over to M&S and it's no longer available. That will teach me to be so slow to get it done.
    The offer ended on Sep 1st.
    Stompa
  • Stompa
    Options
    15 days after applying to switch and I've just received an email saying "The transfer process is almost complete". That's annoying, they'd told me it typically takes 6 weeks, so it looks like I'll end up switching a fair bit earlier than I would have preferred.
    Stompa
  • Gregs_Mum
    Options
    Have just switched to M&S Energy via their website which was easy to do and very informative, let's hope it all goes smoothly. We are new tenants and changing from the landlords current (very expensive) deal.
  • rustyhead
    Options
    I signed up to m&s through quidco, it's trackedI received a m&s booklet with all the grubbing in also a headed letter from sse (it's does say m&s also on it)
    I can't log into my account through m &s but tried through sse and it seems to be there.
    It's doesn't have my direct debits details on either, wondering now if quidco will pay out because its not what I set up, I know m&s run through sse but wouldn't I be logging on through the m&s site.
    Totally confused dosn't take much :-) what are other peeps accounts showing as?
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I know its confusing but when you log in to M&S website it does say you have to log in through SSE to view your accounts.
  • Kanga1
    Options
    Am I the only person concerned that SSE were fined £10.5m for mis-selling gas & electricity?

M&S work out the cheapest dual fuel for me. However, I can't find any real feedback on their service (I'm new to this site!).

Can anyone please advise.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family