Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• batman44
    batman44 Posts: 545 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have alternative arguments to Graham anor v thomas cook, right to claim? I have the ryanair case and the caa right to private case statement from website, just wondering is there anything else or how should i put my argument. Thanks
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jet engine basically is a big mutistage compressor, burn chamber and multistage turbine. Low pressure compressor, the big visible blades at front draw in air volume and start compressing, medium pressure continue the squeeze, by the high pressure compressor stage volume hs been squeezed right down, fuel injected in, ignites, expands massively creating thrust through th back of the engine. As it exits, the high pressure gases go through several turbines, extracting power to drive the compressors up front. The engine also has a "fan" system where a high proportion of the air is compressed but actually bypasses the combustion, it is expelled along with the burnt exhaust gases. so just compressed air, lower pressure/velocity but a much higher mass.
    TC know only too well about compressor/turbine and blade failure on their RR trent engines....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • batman44
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Jet engine basically is a big mutistage compressor, burn chamber and multistage turbine. Low pressure compressor, the big visible blades at front draw in air volume and start compressing, medium pressure continue the squeeze, by the high pressure compressor stage volume hs been squeezed right down, fuel injected in, ignites, expands massively creating thrust through th back of the engine. As it exits, the high pressure gases go through several turbines, extracting power to drive the compressors up front. The engine also has a "fan" system where a high proportion of the air is compressed but actually bypasses the combustion, it is expelled along with the burnt exhaust gases. so just compressed air, lower pressure/velocity but a much higher mass.
    TC know only too well about compressor/turbine and blade failure on their RR trent engines....

Nice explanation in laymans terms, wikipedia/sky library also have good explanations that i am using. This is more common than most people think just take a look at aviation herald for aircraft incidents of this type so it's not ec's.
    Also the case law of wallentin deals with this type of fault as the cause of the delay! look were we are now, no better example for non ec's.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 December 2013 at 1:16PM
    Options
    Vauban helped me (significantly) in my case v Monarch Airlines Limited and I have, accordingly, continued to assist others via this forum.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Batman 44 it was a flight from Sanford Orlando to Manchester in Sept 2011. Despite approx 6 requests from me Thomas Cook refused to tell us the nature of the exceptional circumstance, compressor failure, until they have filed the defence in court.

Will try to put full response on here and really could do with lots of advice on how I should act now.

Many thanks to all
  • batman44
    edited 27 December 2013 at 2:02PM
    Options
    bobsa1 wrote: »
    Hi Batman 44 it was a flight from Sanford Orlando to Manchester in Sept 2011. Despite approx 6 requests from me Thomas Cook refused to tell us the nature of the exceptional circumstance, compressor failure, until they have filed the defence in court.

Will try to put full response on here and really could do with lots of advice on how I should act now.

Many thanks to all

If you can give me the date of your flight as it sounds like it was our aircraft that had the issue on take off, a compressor failure is a tech issue and inherent in the nature of running an airline. They will fob you off with all excuses, were do you want to start? What date was your return flight?

Post the defence on here so we can take a look at what you should do next.
  • batman44
    Options
    As expected, TC asking for a stay, I don't think anybody yet has been sucessful with this request so is it best to agree? I will be using quotes from HHJPlatts. 2 witness's from their side including the solicitor but no experts, who could that be?
    Has anyone overturned the stay?
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Monarch's request for a stay in my case failed. Written judgement expected in the second week of January.
  • batman44
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    Monarch's request for a stay in my case failed. Written judgement expected in the second week of January.
    How did you get on with your case? May take out the HHJPlatts ref on the NEBs list but judging from others on here they may well get their way if it goes to court.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    batman44 wrote: »
    How did you get on with your case? May take out the HHJPlatts ref on the NEBs list but judging from others on here they may well get their way if it goes to court.

The Judge has said he wanted final written submissions (and a further disclosure from Monarch), with a view to issuing a written judgment in the first half of January.

Monarch's initial attempts to seek a stay were refused, and as they were obliged to present their two witnesses they took the (practical) view that they would rather this was dealt with than have to bring their witnesses back for a second time.

I think this situation though is quite unusual, and I'd expect most stays to be agreed - even though permission to appeal the Huzar judgement has not yet been given.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure