Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• thank you for all the tips

booked our shared shuttle :-) and cant wait until monday so excited !! wont get there til 9ish so prob just bed and then fresh for tuesday morning yippee xx
  • Weggy
    Weggy Posts: 462 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I check something with you guys please? Regarding the Sun 9.50 offer... Am I right in thinking I can book this but not use the ferry? Are the park tickets posted to us or are they collect at the park gate?
    Thanks
  • AdamBrunt
    AdamBrunt Posts: 369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 November 2011 at 4:21PM
    Options
    Ok, now that the Sun vouchers, travel and accomodation are taken care of I am after some advice on things to do when there.

Rides at the park I am happy with but am after advice of the best/cheapest ways to get tickets for Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.

The cheapest prices we seem to be getting are £133 (Category 2 seating for 2 adults and 2 kids) at the 6:30pm show on a Monday night. Or rather 156 Euros when booked on the French version of the DLP site.

Is this a good price or can it be got cheaper elsewhere ?
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Weggy wrote: »
    Can I check something with you guys please? Regarding the Sun 9.50 offer... Am I right in thinking I can book this but not use the ferry? Are the park tickets posted to us or are they collect at the park gate?
    Thanks
    yes,just book the ferry but dont turn up ..

the voucher is sent to you, which you then exchange for day tickets at the booth in Disney
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    AdamBrunt wrote: »
    Ok, now that the Sun vouchers, travel and accomodation are taken care of I am after some advice on things to do when there.

Rides at the park I am happy with but am after advice of the best/cheapest ways to get tickets for Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.

The cheapest prices we seem to be getting are £133 (Category 2 seating for 2 adults and 2 kids) at the 6:30pm show on a Monday night. Or rather 156 Euros when booked on the French version of the DLP site.

Is this a good price or can it be got cheaper elsewhere ?

I asked the same Q here ! : you can get tickets for 30 euros :
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2628879

gutted they dont have the show on a sat though :(
  • RoseZebra
    Options
    Hi, can anyone help me with a question about The Sun deal? When I booked online a box popped up to say that it will be obligatory to take out travel insurance, but that I could do this later. On the newspaper form it just said it was recommended. Im not planning on taking actually taking the ferry, just using the park tickets. Not sure what to do. Will they get in touch with me about the travel insurance if its actually necessary? I dont really want to fork out for this but Im worried I wont get sent my tickets! How much is it likely to be for a family of four?

Thanks.
  • Weggy
    Weggy Posts: 462 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    yes,just book the ferry but dont turn up ..

the voucher is sent to you, which you then exchange for day tickets at the booth in Disney

Excellent, thank you :beer:
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    RoseZebra wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone help me with a question about The Sun deal? When I booked online a box popped up to say that it will be obligatory to take out travel insurance, but that I could do this later. On the newspaper form it just said it was recommended. Im not planning on taking actually taking the ferry, just using the park tickets. Not sure what to do. Will they get in touch with me about the travel insurance if its actually necessary? I dont really want to fork out for this but Im worried I wont get sent my tickets! How much is it likely to be for a family of four?

Thanks.

I wouldnt recommending going anywhere out of the UK without travel insurance !

we have ongoing annual travel insurance via our bank

shop around for the best deal,you dont have to take the travel insurance offered with the SUN deal
  • Janepig
    Janepig Posts: 16,780 Forumite
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    I wouldnt recommending going anywhere out of the UK without travel insurance !

we have ongoing annual travel insurance via our bank

shop around for the best deal,you dont have to take the travel insurance offered with the SUN deal

Same here - not only just incase you have an accident, but for cancellation purposes, etc.... We're going in early January so I wanted to be covered for snow!

We went on one of the comparison websites and got a deal that was really cheap compared with what a travel agent or the like would offer. But I would never go abroad without insurance.

Jx
    And it looks like we made it once again
    Yes it looks like we made it to the end
  • kweelo
    kweelo Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Am hoping someone can help (I have read about 10 pages back - so apologies if this has already been covered). We are a family of 4; kids 6 and 2 and am looking at the cheapest way to get to DLP probably half-term next Easter time using our Tesco vouchers. I have about £150 worth of vouchers and know at the moment Tesco are offering a deal where £60 worth will get you £180 worth of vouchers - is this a good deal? My previous experience was that it sometimes isn't cost-effective using your vouchers as they increase the cost and it ends up costing more than if you didn't use your Tesco clubcard vouchers.

Am hoping someone can point us in the right direction, we don't mind where we stay - last time we went with our big kids, we ended up in a Hotel Ibis and Formula Un! what an experience that was!! So on site or off we don't mind, package deal with tickets etc.

Anyone help, is it worth taking advantage of the Tesco £180 vouchers to use over Easter, tomorrow is last day of the offer.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport