Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For anyone who has "rolled over" from Flex4 tariffs to Flex5 ,how have IRESA handled the meter readings at the end of the Flex4 period? Have they just estimated and if so, how accurate have the estimates been ??
  • donerkebab
    donerkebab Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    For anyone who has "rolled over" from Flex4 tariffs to Flex5 ,how have IRESA handled the meter readings at the end of the Flex4 period? Have they just estimated and if so, how accurate have the estimates been ??

I rolled over but I don't think it is the new tariff - its just their rubbish IT systems (Excel spreadsheet probably :mad:) I had over 30-40% increases estimates of the whole month usage when I given the reading 2 days before the end of month. Again the trick seems to be take your reading but not submit until end of month.
    In the words of Jerry Maguire "SHOW ME THE MONEY"
  • vicki84
    vicki84 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just an update on my problems with Iresa they have admitted they owe me £89.90 due to them using incorrect opening readings. The ombudsman has awarded me £75 compensation.

Iresa took my bills offline about a months ago and no changes have been made to my balance. I accepted the Ombudsman proposal so it is down to Iresa now.

I do want to switch to another supplier but can see it being blocked.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Ombudsman have come back to me and Iresa have agreed without defending my case. Received the credit balance back at last, just awaiting the compensation now.
  • rosy10
    rosy10 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I managed to switch to another supplier on the 9th. I'm guessing I was fortunate on the timing; the account with Iresa had a credit balance at the point they lifted the block on the switch. Of course the account went straight back into a debit balance once the end of Feb reading was incorporated into their billing computation. So their objection to switching based on value of balance is a load of b******s.
  • Mistermeaner
    Mistermeaner Posts: 2,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    my nightmare with iresa continues, over a year ago I left them - they clung on to me refusing to let me leave, a dispute was escalated to the ombudsman, i won, but iresa have stillnot managed to issue me a correct final bill (ombudsman ruling sep last yeAr)

my advice would be stay well well clear
    Left is never right but I always am.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I finally have an email confirming that my refund will reach my bank account in 3-5 working days. We shall see, but this is the closest I have come to a refund so far.

I will say that it has taken many phone calls to achieve this. I am just glad that I have access to unlimited minutes. I take pity on the likely many other Iresa customers who either pay for their calls per minute or have a set allowance of minutes, as these are the people who are going to struggle to contact Iresa.

When the refund hits my account I shall regard the matter as closed. Until then, I will not give up until I have my refund back.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I finally have an email confirming that my refund will reach my bank account in 3-5 working days. We shall see, but this is the closest I have come to a refund so far.

I will say that it has taken many phone calls to achieve this. I am just glad that I have access to unlimited minutes. I take pity on the likely many other Iresa customers who either have pay for their calls per minute or have a set allowance of minutes, as these are the people who are going to struggle to contact Iresa.

When the refund hits my account I shall regard the matter as closed. Until then, I will not give up until I have my refund back.

If it is like with us. When we received notification of the refund being approved (on the online account) it arrived the same day via faster payments.

For the benefit of anyone else still trying to phone them you can use a Freephone number 0800 433 7812 (found on https://www.saynoto0870.com) - at least it won't cost you any money or any of your minutes.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    darren72 wrote: »
    If it is like with us. When we received notification of the refund being approved (on the online account) it arrived the same day via faster payments.

For the benefit of anyone else still trying to phone them you can use a Freephone number 0800 433 7812 (found on https://www.saynoto0870.com) - at least it won't cost you any money or any of your minutes.
    I just checked my bank and it hasn't arrived yet, but that could be because it's after 3pm now. I like to think I will get the refund sooner than later, but I hold out little hope after my adventure with Iresa - I've had less fun in theme parks! :rotfl:

Good point about that freephone number. I hope that people will find and benefit from it. :cool:
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Ofgem forwarding people worried about getting their Iresa credits back to Citizens Advice. https://twitter.com/ofgem/status/973967081115963393
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure