Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    you will find all the information relating to this on the Thomson thread, you will find dozens of people who have had the same response
  • Robin_red_2
    Options
    Hi I am new to this site can anyone help as were we go next thomson are sticking to there 2 year rule we were delayed back in 2008 and they will not go any further also caa cannot help thank you
  • Robin_red_2
    Options
    Hi thank you for your reply
    I have never been on a forum I have just this second joined so I have no idea about posts or threads or what to do so sorry if I have done it wrong
    I watched the Marin lewis show and sent in our claim to thomson back in July so I know we are within the 6 year rule
    I got a reply back yesterday from the caa saying that thomson are not taking our claim any further because of the 2 year rule on claiming
    Kind regards
  • Robin_red_2
    Options
    Am in the right place to ask questions as I am lost as how I ask questions
  • Robin_red_2
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you I think I am getting it
    11 march 2008
  • Robin_red_2
    Options
    Thank you
    You have been so helpfull
    We wrote to the airline back in July last year and also the caa after watching the martin lewis show
    We got a reply Back yesterday from the caa saying they could do no more I wish I had found you last year
    Kind regards

Also we flew to florida in June last year with thomas cook and were delayed 27 hours in total at Sanford airport we have wrote to thomas cook but they are saying it was exceptional circumstances and are not replying anymore
    Can you help
    Kind regards
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Robin_red wrote: »
    Also we flew to florida in June last year with thomas cook and were delayed 27 hours in total at Sanford airport we have wrote to thomas cook but they are saying it was exceptional circumstances and are not replying anymore
    Can you help

If you wantto pursue a claim youself, all the required information is inteh FAQs. If you don't fancy the time and effort it takes, speak to a no win no fee firm. You can find information about them by searching the forum for "no win no fee" or "NWNF".
  • anndddyyyy
    Options
    I was delayed over 24 hours in Goa about 4 years ago. Thomson rejected my claim saying they only pay out if it was less than two years ago, so I went to the CAA as per MSE advise. The CAA raised a case and eventually referred it back to Thomson after a new European ruling, but they have rejected it again saying they only pay out for delays under two years. All the information I read says they need to pay out back 6 years, has anyone got any advise?

Regards,

Andy
  • smartly
    smartly Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd read the first couple of posts in this forum ;)
  • andresykes
    andresykes Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Just received an email from the CAA with a final response to my complaint (made a year ago!). They conclude that my delay was EC's due to my flight being affected my adverse weather. In actual fact our plane wasn't delayed due to adverse weather (but one 2 flights before ours was), we delayed due to a knock on effect.

Is it now the case that knock on delays like ours are to be considered EC's?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback