Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, I've just tried it and all seems to be working OK. I can see my two bills, one of which has used the meter read I submitted, the other one they've estimated, but not far out.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please try to login today, as I was also unable to login online till this afternoon. Try a different browser if it does not work the first time. Their online system seems to have been restored, if not fully then at least partially.

Just tried it with Chrome and Edge, still can't see any electricity meter reading and no invoices for the account. It's my account that's knackered, not the site itself.

This just seems to go on and on, as if nobody is actually trying to fix it. My electricity account is still showing with Octopus too and they tell me it's down to Eversmart to supply them with the changeover reading and then they'll close the Octopus account and transfer the balance. But Eversmart aren't doing anything. Calling, 'chatting' and emailing achieves nothing.

Strangely they do seem to be very efficient at taking direct debit payments

Oh, one question for those who's on-line account is working. Can you see details of your tariffs when you log in? Also, do you see any details of direct debit payments made - balance etc? I can't see any of that stuff - the account details are very simplistic. Perhaps it's 'cos my account is still not fully working.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The account page only has personal details, like name, address, phone number, payment method etc but no details of the tariff name or costs.

The invoice only details info like payments, meter readings and tariff prices but no tariff name nor whether it's fixed or variable. It's pretty crude but adequate.

It all fits on two pages whereas I've been with other suppliers who can spread their invoices over 4-5
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • the_mandarin
    Options
    JohnB47 wrote: »

Oh, one question for those who's on-line account is working. Can you see details of your tariffs when you log in? Also, do you see any details of direct debit payments made - balance etc? I can't see any of that stuff - the account details are very simplistic. Perhaps it's 'cos my account is still not fully working.

When you login, on the home page you can see these 4 options :

1. Overview => Your name, address, account number, payment method
    2. Electricity Reading => View old readings, enter new readings
    3. Gas Reading => View old readings, enter new readings
    4. Invoice => Old invoices that you can download

So to answer your question, there is no section online where you can view your tariff name or tariff rate. These details should be shown in your "Welcome Pack" email.

Also, if you download any of the invoices, they will show you all the details of your payment made and also the tariff rates at which you are being billed.

A suggestion - Can you perhaps try logging out, clear cookies and then log back in? When I logged in automatically yesterday, I could not see anything. So I logged out, cleared my browser cookies and logged back in - that seemed to resolve my problem!
  • JohnB47
    Options

A suggestion - Can you perhaps try logging out, clear cookies and then log back in? When I logged in automatically yesterday, I could not see anything. So I logged out, cleared my browser cookies and logged back in - that seemed to resolve my problem!

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I've tried clearing cookies, using Edge browser (which seems to work better than Chrome) but no joy.

I've never had Eversmart ask me for meter readings (probably 'cos my account is broken). Do you guys get regular requests for meter readings? Is it a fixed date?
  • the_mandarin
    Options
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I've tried clearing cookies, using Edge browser (which seems to work better than Chrome) but no joy.

I've never had Eversmart ask me for meter readings (probably 'cos my account is broken). Do you guys get regular requests for meter readings? Is it a fixed date?

I only got an email at the very beginning, asking me to provide the start meter readings. Since then, I have tried to provide readings in the first week of each month.

Your case is perhaps different because your energy has not been fully transferred over yet, so I am not sure if or how they would generate an invoice for you. But I would not recommend cancelling your Direct Debit as it will affect your credit rating.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get no requests for meter readings but, like mandarin, I submit one at the beginning of each month.

Sometimes they have used this, sometimes an estimate.
  • matelodave
    edited 18 November 2018 at 1:55PM
    Options
    Not had a request yet.

They didn't ask for an initial meter reading which I thought was strange. I couldn't enter one on the on-line account but I sent them an e-mail and managed to phone it through to their "help" desk.

Despite that, my October statement had a guessed start reading which was miles out and bore no relationship to the closing reading that Octopus eventually used when they closed my account.

I managed to give a reading on 1st October which was less than their starting reading and another on 1st Novemeber but as the ststement was dated to 4th they guessed another random figure for the odd days.

I'll give them another one on around 4th Dec and see what happens.

I keep my own readings (both weekly & monthly) so I know where I stand but it would be nice if they managed to get the statements synced in with actual readings.

I am of course downloading PDFs of all correspondence, statements and bills and keeping them safe ready for the day when it all goes really wrong.
  • JohnB47
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    Not had a request yet.

They didn't ask for an initial meter reading which I thought was strange. I couldn't enter one on the on-line account but I sent them an e-mail and managed to phone it through to their "help" desk.

Despite that, my October statement had a guessed start reading which was miles out and bore no relationship to the closing reading that Octopus eventually used when they closed my account.

I managed to give a reading on 1st October which was less than their starting reading and another on 1st Novemeber but as the ststement was dated to 4th they guessed another random figure for the odd days.

I'll give them another one on around 4th Dec and see what happens.

I keep my own readings (both weekly & monthly) so I know where I stand but it would be nice if they managed to get the statements synced in with actual readings.

I am of course downloading PDFs of all correspondence, statements and bills and keeping them safe ready for the day when it all goes really wrong.

I'm keeping lots of records too, including my readings in a spreadsheet, which I've always done.

Eversmart seem to be very disorganised and unresponsive.
  • matelodave
    Options
    I dont think they are much worse than IRESA to whom I gave monthly readings which they ignored for the whole time I was with them.

By the time they died their guesses were over 1800kwh short of reality so they thought I was around £220 in credit whereas I really owed them about £15. It got sorted out pretty quickly when I went to Octopus as they accepted my readings.

I do have an anomaly between my closing reading with Octopus = 7970 which is correct and ESE = 8250 which is incorrect.

The difference amounting to a missing 280kwh. I'm happy to owe it to ESE as their rate is 3p/kwh less than Octopus.

It's been well documented in E-mails but ESE dont seem capable of sorting it out yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport