I think i need a diary

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So survey cheque has cleared and ive discovered card A only allows so many payments per 30 days. Ive reached my maximum apparently. Not aimed at getting people out of debt is it. Ill ring an advisor tommorow when dh gives me the household money and ask to pay over the phone instead and ask more about how it works.
    I have never heard of this.
    Be interested to see what they say.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Ill let you know. It was via the app so im assuming theres a reason. Ill let you know. :)
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 16.6k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Rang A card. There is a maximum of 5 payments in 30 days apparently. I can however do as many payments as i want if i use online banking directly with their account number and my card number as reference etc. Any other method is limited to 5 only.
    Odd but now i know. Ill register after and send a pound to check ive entered all the numbers correctly.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Rang A card. There is a maximum of 5 payments in 30 days apparently. I can however do as many payments as i want if i use online banking directly with their account number and my card number as reference etc. Any other method is limited to 5 only.
    Odd but now i know. Ill register after and send a pound to check ive entered all the numbers correctly.
    my extra payments as

Ah, ok.
    I do all my extra payments as bill payments.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've never heard of that before but I do all mine as bill payments too. It's worth knowing there might be issues though!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    So i must write this down or i will get confused. Im fully aware that im not being very mse in my approach and playing with fire as they say. It is bothering me a bit and if im honest confusing my budgeting a lot..

Here goes c card A is at now at 0 to enable it to use abroad with no fees.
    Credit card V is at 375 and will go up to 900 with shopping and petrol (i have a 5 week month) before i cease to use and leave it to linger.

Savings for trip abroad will hopefully be at 1000 by the time we are there. Not enough but too late now.

All other debts will have usual minimums paid.

Christmas half paid for but savings pot empty- ill gloss over that for now.

Card A has a 0% balance transfer open to me until just and only just after we get back from our travels. The plan is to then transfer card V to interest free and figure out during Jan what i do next/assess the damage.
    I definately owe less than i did yesterday but not sure i can say that again for a few weeks. Credit is soooo confusing.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    So in other news half term is a bit spendy and food bill much higher. Ive updated my sig and it shows as 50% paid. Its not true as im putting shopping on a card but im hoping to be there by new year. Its gonna be so close.
    Ive written a menu and shopping list for next week and can get it mostly from Aldi so will be cheap.
    I have a 10 pounds argos voucher. 4 pounds in nectar points and 12 quid for boots. Therefore i am rich xx
    Dh has overtime tommorow so its all good.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Dh is on overtime. Kids off till end of next week. Its a strange one this year as they are having a week and 3 days for half term. With a treat extra food and holiday club for them all whilst at work i did get caught out a bit.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    The second week im working 2 of the days but the day we are all off together i think ill get some pumpkins in to cut or decorate which wont cost too much.
    Ive raided the penny jar this morning and found 25 that can be swapped at the bank for the holiday fund x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family