I think i need a diary

Options

Comments

• NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Just feeling fed up at the moment. I was hoping to be in a good positions financially when i packed job 2 in but dont feel I am. Much as i didnt like working a day at weekend i finally felt i was making progress and had spare cash to make decisions with as to what to do with it. And i enjoyed the adult chatter whildt i was there if im honest. Ah well. The positives outweigh my grumpy mood so must plod on. I made a payment today so debt is less than yesterday. Always a good thingx
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 15.5k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Made another payment today so the debts have gone down a bit more. Its all a bit topsy turvey at the moment as my recent very good f and f offer left me with a temp cash flow situation meaning the money I owed has all moved around a bit.
    I knew i was doing this and I know it will straighten out over the next month or so. The huge postive was that I got rid of my biggest and most demotivating debt.

Currently the ones in my name are
    A 1600 not accruing interest
    C 240 will likely be accruing interest again over the next couple of months.
    N 257 interest free
    S 7350 interest free.

Any spare cash needs to be chucked at C.

DH name
    P 2730 interest free
    T 4930 interest free
    H 1150 will accrue interest from oct 20.

He pays H and i pay the other 2 as part of the DMP so just going to leave these to plodd on.

The positives are i have a couple of small debts i can pay off for a quick win. Im aiming for April 2020 i reckon. Seems as good a target as any.

Been frugal this week with the shopping and should get my final pay from job 2 soon for annual leave that I accrued. As long as nothing daft crops up I can limp it to my next payday.
    Emergency fund is at 153. Its growing slowly and Im hoping that it will never ever need to be used.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Got my wage slip for final pay which goes in tommorrow. My annual leave has been paid as expected so pleased ahout that. Im also due 50 pounds from populuslive surveys. Ive been registered a while but i think all the politics at the moment has increased the number of surveys being offered so i have finally managed to get up to the cash out mark.
    Otherwise not much to report. Low spend day as just got petrol.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,478 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on your pay :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    11 days till payday. Littles have all had school photographs this week. That will blow any leftover cash away but a nice thing to get. The quality last year was awful so heres hoping its better this year.
    Ive noticed my shopping bill is slightly cheaper at the moment as well. 2 out of 3 littles are on school dinners. Its made the 100 target per week more manageable. I can see what they mean about school dinner poverty in the holidays. I was 100-120 over summer. For those in dire straits the holidays must be really hard.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Populuslive cheque has been banked. 50 quid. Wahoo. Going to put this to the debts i think. Im currently paying down the A one even though its not accrueing interest as i need it for travel abroad. Apparently anything i spend in it will immediately accrue interest whilst i still owe my remaining offer balance. The shopping therefore is going on a card for 6 weeks to allow me to get it back to 0 quickly. This will accrue some interest but at a much lower rate then I should hopefully be able to transfer it around again in Jan. My debts will go up and down a bit but overall they will reduce if that makes any sense at all.
    If ive planned it right i should be at 17500 by xmas.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope the photos are ok. We've had ours this week too. Last year they were awful so didn't bother buying them!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Hope yours are good. We had a family shot last year and only bought it as it was the first one. I had to cut it and remount though as they were well off centre. Im hoping this time its better.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Bit spendy today. Booked a half term treat for the kids. Ive scrimped all year so it will be nice to just go out. Had a trip to the park after school too. If only i didnt work i could do things like that more often. Grass is always greener though eh and id be bored at home now they are in school.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    So survey cheque has cleared and ive discovered card A only allows so many payments per 30 days. Ive reached my maximum apparently. Not aimed at getting people out of debt is it. Ill ring an advisor tommorow when dh gives me the household money and ask to pay over the phone instead and ask more about how it works.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family