Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• oldernonethewiser
    Options
    When I had a TV and Sky, they called me once just after my cancellation period ended. Unfortunately it was an inconvenient time so the person asked if he could call back at the same time tomorrow. I confirmed that that would be good for me. Never heard from Sky again.

And that started me down the path of becoming TV free.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A very happy user without sky TV for over 18 months now. Thought I'd miss it especially the recording but with Iplayer and the other streaming apps that's pretty much made redundant.

The only really big thing I missed was game of thrones but found other ways to watch that.

They'll only get me back as a customer if I can have a similar deal as before which was the full package for £18 a month ��
  • rexel
    rexel Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just got email to do survey on why I cancelled.dont know I I should do I am waiting for offer
  • sparky200
    Options
    Just logged in to my deal after giving notice last week and I see the standard offer
    Entertainment £15
    Sports & Cinema £ 22
    Box sets £1
    Hd £1

Total £39

I presume this will probably be the best offer I’ll receive even if get a phone call.
    Does the offer stay there until termination date in 2 weeks or is it removed?
    Does the sports deal include F1 & hd?
    On the 2tb old box although have a 4K tele. Is it worth the sky q option and is it best to upgrade now or wait for an offer later. Didn’t see any option in vip for this.
    Final question, I have tried to read all the small print but is this 12 month deal for all. Got caught out this year with entertainment 18 months but everything else 12 months so sub rocketed after 12 months.
    Thank you in anticipation of any advice.
  • antuk
    antuk Posts: 358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sparky200 wrote: »
    Just logged in to my deal after giving notice last week and I see the standard offer
    Entertainment £15
    Sports & Cinema £ 22
    Box sets £1
    Hd £1

Total £39

I presume this will probably be the best offer I’ll receive even if get a phone call.
    Does the offer stay there until termination date in 2 weeks or is it removed?
    Does the sports deal include F1 & hd?
    On the 2tb old box although have a 4K tele. Is it worth the sky q option and is it best to upgrade now or wait for an offer later. Didn’t see any option in vip for this.
    Final question, I have tried to read all the small print but is this 12 month deal for all. Got caught out this year with entertainment 18 months but everything else 12 months so sub rocketed after 12 months.
    Thank you in anticipation of any advice.

Can you give me the link mydeal? and did this appear the minute you cancelled or does it need to terminate first?
  • sparky200
    Options
    antuk wrote: »
    Can you give me the link mydeal? and did this appear the minute you cancelled or does it need to terminate first?

Sky.com/mydeal
    Couple of hours after cancellation.
  • antispam246
    Options
    Been awhile since I last haggled, currently on

Sky Entertainment (Boxsets/Kids/HD) £20
    Sky Superfast fibre 2 + line rental + pay as you talk £25

Gold VIP

So £45 p/m all in all,

Looking to upgrade as well as negotiate and my final offer before beginning cancellation proceedings was

Entertainment £20
    HD £1
    Kids £1
    Boxsets £1
    Sports £23
    Q Multiscreen £13

Superfast Fibre £25 (inc line rental and pay as you talk)

Sky Q 2TB box (currently on 1TB) free/free install
    Sky Q mini box (free/free install)

Total price £84 p/m 18 months contract

Was comparing to offers here and elsewhere and was struggling to see if this was a reasonable offer or if I could make improvements, in the end I decided I could definately do better, especially when taking into consideration alternatives away from sky, so I pushed with that

After an hour of talking the best they could do was drop Sports to £16 making the total £77 p/m. I continued with comparatives but this was the last offer before I asked them to proceed with cancellation.

Currently day 2, so will await offers and consider alternatives (seriously).

How do these offers fair and where can improvements be made?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Been awhile since I last haggled, currently on

Sky Entertainment (Boxsets/Kids/HD) £20
    Sky Superfast fibre 2 + line rental + pay as you talk £25

Gold VIP

So £45 p/m all in all,

Looking to upgrade as well as negotiate and my final offer before beginning cancellation proceedings was

Entertainment £20
    HD £1
    Kids £1
    Boxsets £1
    Sports £23
    Q Multiscreen £13

Superfast Fibre £25 (inc line rental and pay as you talk)

Sky Q 2TB box (currently on 1TB) free/free install
    Sky Q mini box (free/free install)

Total price £84 p/m 18 months contract

Was comparing to offers here and elsewhere and was struggling to see if this was a reasonable offer or if I could make improvements, in the end I decided I could definately do better, especially when taking into consideration alternatives away from sky, so I pushed with that

After an hour of talking the best they could do was drop Sports to £16 making the total £77 p/m. I continued with comparatives but this was the last offer before I asked them to proceed with cancellation.

Currently day 2, so will await offers and consider alternatives (seriously).

How do these offers fair and where can improvements be made?

You've probably got an offer already for Entertainment for £15 in 'my account' or on the box however that would lose you the Sports discount and possibly the £1 add-ons.

I'd say the offer you've got isn't that bad TBH as long as all discounts are for the full 18 months.
  • antuk
    antuk Posts: 358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is there a better time to call than others? Just wondering if your likely to get a better deal if you call during working hours during the week rather than on a weekend or in the evening?
  • antispam246
    Options
    You've probably got an offer already for Entertainment for £15 in 'my account' or on the box however that would lose you the Sports discount and possibly the £1 add-ons.

I'd say the offer you've got isn't that bad TBH as long as all discounts are for the full 18 months.

Thanks. The offer appeared after starting cancellation process for £15 entertainment. So wondering if I could use that as the final bartering chip, or is it worth waiting a little longer too see if any other offers pop up?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback