PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• LeelaChar
    Options
    Hi,
    How long does it take to process a transfer of equity?
    Thanks
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,809 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LeelaChar wrote: »
    Hi,
    How long does it take to process a transfer of equity?
    Thanks

If it's an update to an existing register then the average timescale is 12 working days.
    That timescale covers the wait time between receipt and consideration at which point if everything is in order then it can be completed and registered.
    Further delays tend to arise where applications are not in order, queries have to be made and in some cases wider checks instigated
    If it's been lodged by a conveyancer then they should be able to confirm the date of lodgement and whether any issues have arisen
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • DAKOTA45
    DAKOTA45 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    davidmcn wrote: »
    This forum is the correct place for it. Just not this thread.

Much of this sounds fairly improbable. Perhaps the story has been garbled. I've never heard of the Land Register having anonymous "whistleblowers" who unofficially contact proprietors. I also don't see what the point of registering the deed would be, if the pipe in question has never existed? Or an indication that there's been any crime.

In any event, prescriptive rights are those which don't derive from a written grant, but from use (over a period of at least 20 years). And conversely, if rights haven't been exercised for over 20 years, they fall away. So the rights in question have never been exercised, it should be relatively straightforward for your friend to have them removed from their title (or at least contest any attempts to start exercising them).

The person at RoS who anonymously tipped off my friend was persueded by her to provide evidence of the wrongdoing, and she received an old plan dated 1900 which had obviously been altered to show a water pipe going across her land... She knew that the plan was not genuine as it showed a bounday which had never been created at that time in 1900... the land has been divided up more recently, and the plan showed an up to date version of those newly created boundaries.
    I admit it sounds unfeasible, but apparently, the incoming landowners were very keen to have a private water supply and this may have led to the outgoing landowner to fabricate a plan showing a water supply to the property which simply did not exist. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out, I think, but I don't think my friend is likely to get anywhere at all with RoS and would be better off going to the police, as they have suggested.
  • clarecooper90
    Options
    Hi, my solicitor has sent through requested documents for lease ST277197.
    Is there any update? Many thanks
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hi, my solicitor has sent through requested documents for lease ST277197.
    Is there any update? Many thanks

The application was coincidentally completed earlier today
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JJN30
    JJN30 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi
    Im the buyer of property with the following order,my solictor is insistant it needs removal prior to purchase. Is this correct?
    Proprietorship Register
    (07.06.2010) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate,
    other than a disposition by the proprietor of any registered charge
    registered before the entry of this restriction, is to be registered
    without a certificate signed by the applicant for registration or their
    conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to RFS
    Limited (Co. Regn. No. 00548902) at Egale House, 78 St Albans Road,
    Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1AF, being the person with the benefit of
    a final charging order on the beneficial interest of Mr ****
    made by the court
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JJN30 - If the property is in joint names and the Charging order is in one of the names only, then maybe this thread could be of help

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1839539
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    JJN30 wrote: »
    Hi
    Im the buyer of property with the following order,my solictor is insistant it needs removal prior to purchase. Is this correct?
    Proprietorship Register
    (07.06.2010) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate,
    other than a disposition by the proprietor of any registered charge
    registered before the entry of this restriction, is to be registered
    without a certificate signed by the applicant for registration or their
    conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to RFS
    Limited (Co. Regn. No. 00548902) at Egale House, 78 St Albans Road,
    Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1AF, being the person with the benefit of
    a final charging order on the beneficial interest of Mr ****
    made by the court

D_M_E has shared a link to the thread that should cover this for you
    The wording if the restriction is key with regards what is required to comply with it.
    If you are buying from the current joint owners then providing you comply with the restriction it would be overreached by the purchase and be cancelled automatically when the purchase is registered.

Clearly you need to rely on your legal advice here but worth referring them to Practice Guide 76 section 4 as a point of reference re the charging order and restriction (a form K) as referred to
  • JJN30
    JJN30 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have asked my solictor to request a second opinion and they have the same response that this has to be removed before we can proceed . The added difficulty is we can’t comply, as the company has been stuck off.
  • Melahu94
    Options
    Hi,

Acting as LPA for my elderly parents in the purchase of their next home. The property has possessory title of a small part of the driveway/access to property (about 1/2 metre squared) and full absolute title of the rest of the land. The 12 years will be up on 14 March so an uplift application can be made. Our solicitor is advising that we wait until after that date to complete so that the current owner can make the application as they have better chance of success than us. Or that the current owner should give a Stat Dec to support our application (which they are not happy to do as they are executors of the estate).
    We do not want to wait until March 14 as that means waiting for a response from LR may take completion date to late April - everyone in the chain is ready and we fear we may lose our buyers.

My question is, is there any reason why we could not make the application after buying the property (with an indemnity insurance policy provided by the seller - which they are happy to do)? Would the LR reject an application made by us simply because WE would have only been in actual physical possession for a couple of months? Surely they would have a record of the possessory title being registered 12 years ago and therefore that would be sufficient to allow us to upgrade it to absolute?

If it were our own money and risk we would be more inclined to do it, but as we are acting as LPA's we want to make sure any lose or risky ends are dealt with properly!

Thank you in advance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure