Highcreditscore.co.uk & rewardsnow.co.uk [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• slipperyunit
    Options
    Look at that! Less than 24 hours later, I have some good news...

Thank you for your email received on 12 March 2011.

I can now confirm that your membership to Rewards Now has been cancelled with immediate effect. A full refund of £79.80 has been processed on your behalf. Please allow 7-10 working days for this be credited to your account.

If you have any queries now or in the future, please feel free to contact Rewards Now by telephone or email during normal office hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) using the contact information provided below.

We are always happy to help and welcome the possibility of you subscribing to Rewards Now Score in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Kofi Lamptey
    Customer Services Representative
    On behalf of Rewards Now
    0845 026 1098

Please feel free to use any part of my original post for pursuing your refunds. One of the points must have hit the right note!
  • Fyffes
    Fyffes Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Yet again they've given a full refund instead of providing the proof you asked for. What a surprise!

I'd imagine they get around the issue of passing details between companies because they are all brands of the parent company Adaptive Affinity. I have no idea if that's legal or not. Maybe someone with knowledge on matters such as this could comment if they read this thread.

I've also noticed that Banks have zero interest in fraud. I work for an online retailer and we get at least two fraudulent card transactions a week. Even though we can provide the banks and police with the delivery addresses selected by these thieves, they have absolutely no interest whatsoever in doing anything about it. They set aside a huge amount of money per year specifically for refunding fraudulent transactions and this seems to be company policy across the board. Seems ridiculous to me personally but they must have done their calculations and decided it's less costly to just refund anyone who's been a victim.
  • digital1985
    Options
    Hi everyone, new to the forum. I've just signed up because I too have been scammed by rewardsnow.co.uk.

Today I noticed £19.95 taken from my account. A couple of months ago I signed up to two online credit rating websites of which I can't remember the names but I did cancel within the trial period and no money was taken on their behalf. Instead it seems I've been signed up to rewardsnow without my prior knowledge or consent.

I've spoken to Barclays who've asked the company to stop taking payments but this won't be in force for another 31 days in which time they're entitled to take what they like. So in fear I cancelled my card although I wonder now if this will hinder any attempts to get a refund out of them. Barcalys told me rewards.co.uk are a legitimate company who issue vouchers! And there's nothing they can do about it.

I spoke to OFT's consumer watch and they've advised me to send a recorded letter asking for proof of contract. I'll threaten this action in email first once I've requested my membership to be cancelled.

I'm so glad I found this forum, I'll keep you posted as to the outcomes of my attempts to get a refund. I'm half tempted to go to Edgware and demand my money back in person but the laziness to anger ratio dictates I see where I get with email first.
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fyffes wrote: »

I've also noticed that Banks have zero interest in fraud. I work for an online retailer and we get at least two fraudulent card transactions a week. Even though we can provide the banks and police with the delivery addresses selected by these thieves, they have absolutely no interest whatsoever in doing anything about it. They have decided it's less costly to just refund anyone who's been a victim.

When this happened to me, I offered to put on my steel capped boots and help with the delivery:D but nobody wanted to take up my offer to help deliver the sooper dooper wall mounted TV.
    I did get to find out the delivery address of the 180 quid mobile phone, they had already managed to get delivered to a different address. It was a 4 story conversion to flats and several were still unlet/unsold, so presumably there was some bent scam going on with the key holder and the empty flats.:mad:

I cannot see the difference between using someone else's electronic
    money and simply riding past on a scooter and grabbing their hand bag.

If the police continue to refuse to take any interest in this criminality the ordinary citizen is likely to take the law into their own hands, or boots.
  • digital1985
    Options
    Hi everyone, as a follow up on my last post I managed to get a double refund and only sent them one email (through their contact us page).

Here's what I sent:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to request that you cancel my membership with rewardsnow.co.uk immediately as I was signed up to your website without my prior knowledge or consent. I did not authorize you to take payment from my bank account and I request that you remove me from any other membership schemes associated with your parent company Adaptive Affinity Limited.

I have already spoken to the fraud department at my bank and they have put me in touch with the Office of Fair Trading''s Consumer Watch. My case number with them in case you''d like to check is xxxxxxx.

I''m aware that you have already been investigated by the OFT in 2009 and it would seem to me that your sign up process is still very questionable. I request that you provide me with proof that I entered into a contract with you eg. server logs, IP addresses etc.

Failure to provide me with such proof will result in me taking further action with the Office of Fair Trading and the police fraud department.

Yours Faithfully,

xxxxxx xxxxxx

Hope that helps anyone else who needs a refund out of them. Just to note I had actually cancelled my card before I sent this and was expecting the refund to be unsuccessful but it managed to find it's way back to my account. :j
  • Brythonic
    Brythonic Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 30 March 2011 at 5:34PM
    Options
    post deleted
  • Brythonic
    edited 1 April 2011 at 5:17PM
    Options
    I have information form a very reliable source that highcreditscore/quickcreditscore/rewardsnow are being investigated by the Serious Fraud Office. I am not sure whether this will mean existing people who have been subjects of fraud will get their money back or not. At least it will mean an end to any further victims being on the receiving end of fraud once the investigation is complete.
  • Fyffes
    Fyffes Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Oh well done Brythonic. I'm sure Adaptive Affinity will be delighted that you've chosen to tip them off about an investigation. If they didn't know about it previously, they certainly do now. All thanks to you.

Why don't you go the whole hog and tip off your local drug dealer that the police are about to raid his house?

Who's side are you on exactly?
  • Brythonic
    Options
    Be aware there are some false flags on here posting as victims of Rewards Now. Both Trading Standards & Consumer Direct admit they can offer little personal help. Be aware of moles saying they did this that and the other & got their money back. You need to contact you MP and print off these posting to take them with you when you see your MP. Your local MP is available to contact on the internet. Go into the government website then look up your constituency. When you have done that, send an email explaining the circumstances & request a meeting.
  • Brythonic
    Options
    Fyffes wrote: »
    Oh well done Brythonic. I'm sure Adaptive Affinity will be delighted that you've chosen to tip them off about an investigation. If they didn't know about it previously, they certainly do now. All thanks to you.

Why don't you go the whole hog and tip off your local drug dealer that the police are about to raid his house?

Who's side are you on exactly?

So far it has taken two years & nothing has yet happened. I contacted Action Fraud and their advice was to leave the posting up. Ring them yourself & see what they say. Who do you represent ? The investigation is taking place but the wheels of justice in this country operate at a snails pace. There is more chance they will change their ways with the time the authorities take to complete investigations. Who do you represent ? You could be one of the moles as far as anybody knows. You certainly are always very quick to spot a threat to them. What do you do all day ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure