Santander 2year fixed isa @ 4%

Options

Comments

• savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    evenasus wrote: »
    Just to add to the confusion re which address to return the ISA transfer forms to...
    I received a letter today telling me how to fund my Major ISA.

The address on the letterhead ... 301 Vincent Street Glasgow G2 5NB

The enclosed envelope, for if I was to send a cheque... Freepost BEL3563 Belfast BT1 3BR

You've got to smile.
    Pfffffff well that's all you can do isn't it :rotfl:.
    Maybe they are trying to spread the load over different places. Gawd I hope my form gets handled OK sent to, eerm, where was it now.... oh yeh, Bradford. Strange how the transfer will be going from Bradford to Bradford (or will it!!) as the ISA I'm transferring out of is with Barnsley BS with a Bradford address (part of YBS of course).
  • chopperward
    Options
    Has anyone opened the 2 year fixed ISA in a branch, but who don’t have another account with Santander?

The reason I ask is because I was expecting to be given a user name and password so I could access the ISA online and transfer the 2012/13 allowance on the 6th, as it’s bank holiday. I would also like online access so I can check to see if the transfer goes through in good time.

The chap who opened the account said I could do the online part myself. I’ve just had a quick look online and it says I have to enter a card number. All I have is the sort code account number.

Any advice?
  • chopperward
    Options
    Another interesting point from applying for the 2 year ISA in branch. I mentioned to the chap that the transfers have quickened up over the last couple of year. He didn't seem to agree and basically said it's my responsibility to chase up Barclays if the transfers doesn't go through in good time.
    An interesting point from consumerist in the 'isa transfers slowly getting quicker' thread, Since, under the ISA rules, the new manager is responsible for chasing up any delays.

How long is deemed to be a delay? More than 14 days.

When I spoke to a girl last week from Santander over the phone she said that the transfer had to be in the account within the 14 days but the chap seemed to dismiss that today. He just said interest wouldn't be paid on the ISA until the money hot the account. A shame interest isn't accrued from the day the transfer form is filled in.
  • evenasus
    evenasus Posts: 11,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone opened the 2 year fixed ISA in a branch, but who don’t have another account with Santander?

The reason I ask is because I was expecting to be given a user name and password so I could access the ISA online and transfer the 2012/13 allowance on the 6th, as it’s bank holiday. I would also like online access so I can check to see if the transfer goes through in good time.

The chap who opened the account said I could do the online part myself. I’ve just had a quick look online and it says I have to enter a card number. All I have is the sort code account number.

Any advice?

I think you have to have an online account with Santander to be able to have online banking complete with login etc.
    The ISA isn't an online one as such. You can view it though if you have an online account.

I opened an E Saver account with £1 so I would be able to view my ISA - that is if the transfer goes through OK - won't hold my breath.
  • evenasus
    Options
    Another interesting point from applying for the 2 year ISA in branch. I mentioned to the chap that the transfers have quickened up over the last couple of year. He didn't seem to agree and basically said it's my responsibility to chase up Barclays if the transfers doesn't go through in good time.
    An interesting point from consumerist in the 'isa transfers slowly getting quicker' thread, Since, under the ISA rules, the new manager is responsible for chasing up any delays.

How long is deemed to be a delay? More than 14 days.

When I spoke to a girl last week from Santander over the phone she said that the transfer had to be in the account within the 14 days but the chap seemed to dismiss that today. He just said interest wouldn't be paid on the ISA until the money hot the account. A shame interest isn't accrued from the day the transfer form is filled in.

According to the Santander website, the 'transfer request form' has to reach them within 14 days - not the funds.
    I agree with you, it's up to Santander to do any chasing.

Last year I transferred my Barclays ISA to Nationwide.
    It took 3 days! And they pay interest from the day they receive the transfer request form from you.

Mind you, we're talking Santander here.
    What am I thinking - opening accounts with them.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    My pack arrived yesterday
    • Two page letter about how to use the account
      One page letter. 1st paragraph ' Thank you for choosing to keep your ISA with Santander. Santander is committed to offering excellent customer service, knowing the happier you are the more likely you are to keep your business with us' :rotfl:
    • The Application form resulting from phone application bearing name, address, DOB, sort code, a/c no, NI No, date of issue, date account opened, and a declaration. No signature of course as it was 'signed' over the phone!
      No. Not included :cool:
    • Another piece of paper with lots of guff about how they explained all and everything is on their computers, how I consent to them contacting me about products and services. Dammit it I forgot to tell them no contact, but they didn't ask!
      No. Not included. But I did say I didn't want any marketing :) Then again, I have no proof of that :eek:
    • Information sheet about the account
      Yeah, got that
    • Transfer form
      Got that
    • Envelope
      No :(
    • Booklet about General Terns and conditions
      Got that
    • Terms of Business
      No
    • Santander Savings Account User Guide
      No again
    All in all too much paper!!

It does look to be very hit and miss. Just hope the actual transfer goes through without any hitches _pale_
  • evenasus
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    My pack arrived yesterday
    It does look to be very hit and miss. Just hope the actual transfer goes through without any hitches _pale_

Me too!
    Although, as I said earlier, I won't hold my breath.

I was going to transfer three years worth of ISAs - one from Barclays - two years worth from Nationwide.
    Then add the 2012/2013 allowance after 6th April.

Decided in the end to just try the one transfer for the time being.
  • SueDerbyshire
    Options
    Hi,

I have opened a Santander 2yr fixed ISA online for my husband, received an email to explain how to obtain a transfer form online, which I did and returned it. However, I have a couple of questions:

Firstly, I am transferring money from a Halifax ISA into this account, am I right in thinking this will be done automatically, I mean, he won't need to send a chq or transfer money?

Also, once the transfer has gone through, am I right in thinking that I will be able to transfer my husbands next years 12/13 allowance into it after April 6th, if so, how do I complete this, do I need to send them a cheque, He doesn't have any other accounts with them?

The reason I ask this, my husband has a chq account but I don't and I am wanting to also open an account with Santander, however, I don't have a cheque book and unsure how to deposit into the account. Will they accept a cheque in my husbands name, even though the account will be in my name?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sue x
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All I have is the sort code (and) account number.

S.=Santander. I'm sick of typing that word.

Armed with the sort code and account number you can subscribe new cash via faster payments - but without online access you won't be able to see if it worked. Bear in mind that S. will allow only one deposit between 6th and 14th April so don't do a small payment as a test!

With regard to who should chase transfers, my experience so far is this. My ISA was opened in branch last week by redesignating an existing S. ISA. Also requested transfer of another ISA from Halifax. Five days later I received an undated standard letter from S. saying they'd sent my transfer request to Halifax.

It says: "Once your current ISA provider has received the request from us, under HMRC guidelines they have 5 days to release the funds to us.

"If we do not receive your funds we will issue a chaser letter ...10 days after the original request was sent..." and another chaser after another 5 days, and a final chaser.... You get the idea. They - S. - will do the chasing.

My Halifax ISA has disappeared from online banking, so I'm now waiting for it to arrive in S.

I wish Halifax online banking would allow me to view a statement for this recently closed account - so I could see the interest added and the date of transfer :(
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    evenasus wrote: »
    Me too!
    Although, as I said earlier, I won't hold my breath.

I was going to transfer three years worth of ISAs - one from Barclays - two years worth from Nationwide.
    Then add the 2012/2013 allowance after 6th April.

Decided in the end to just try the one transfer for the time being.

You do realise you won't be able to change your mind later and transfer the other ISA, don't you (14 day time limit)?

I decided to leave just over £1k in my Nationwide Online ISA 3, as a safe haven if it all goes pearshaped with Santander :eek: It's also a useful place to gather ISAs maturing at different times until I decide how long I want to tie up for.

I'm also keeping an open mind about a home for my 2012/13 allowance ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure