Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ICV wrote: »
    After a fairly uneventful year once everything settled down my original Fixed Smart Special tariff ends on 1/9/18 and I've heard nothing from them about a new contract. They also stopped asking for meter readings months ago. Slightly concerned and a bit reluctant to log on to my account in case it results in a load of grief/hassle.

Hmmmm. It's never a good idea to ignore things.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    Also switched to Eversmart........... wouldn't be surprised if tarrif is pulled soon
  • JohnB47
    Options
    I was with Iresa, and whilst they were a small supplier, I had no problems with them at all.
    Iresa failed and I was moved to Octopus, but am now paying £120 a year more. :-(

Did a cheap energy club comparison and Eversmart came up as cheapest, only just a little more than Iresa, so I switched to them.

On the energy club the 'Welcome Home' tarrif was stated as being variable rate, but Eversmart's website said it was fixed. My confirmation email arrived quickly and confirms it is fixed, so looks like its an error on the energy club comparison.
    When I checked the switch details I had no problems with meter serial number (as others have), but realised that I had put the wrong bank account details in. Phoned eversmart up, had to wait perhaps 10 minutes in a queue, but lady I spoke to was really helpful, took the correct account details and made the change for me.

Based upon my experience so far I'm feeling comfortable about my eversmart switch

I didn't even think to check the meter serial numbers. I now have and they're correct. Thanks for the reminder.
  • JohnB47
    Options
    gardner1 wrote: »
    Also switched to Eversmart........... wouldn't be surprised if tarrif is pulled soon

Can you confirm that Eversmart customers are not committed, contractually, to having a smart meter installed?
  • ICV
    ICV Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ...been with them a year and have never been asked if I wanted a smart meter fitted (which I don't)
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Can you confirm that Eversmart customers are not committed, contractually, to having a smart meter installed?

Well it's not mentioned anywhere in t&c
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Looking at various reviews it seems they are only actually fitting smart meters in the Manchester area, on their own patch.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    They called me for a smart meter appointment and im in Lincs.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,609 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've got a smart meter which has been dumb since I moved from SSE.

I've started my transfer to Eversmart and if they want me to have a smart meter they can try and make this one work as I'm not getting another one.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    How do you set up an on line account ? Nothing in the welcome pack / e-mail.
    Anyone ? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport