Do NOT use CollectPlus

Options
Hi all,

I am not normally one to complain about things and this is actually my first negative thread on any forum site. I would just like to tell other people about the problems I have had with this company and to not use the CollectPlus service. My story goes like this:

I sent two packages with CollectPlus on two separate days for two different people. CollectPlus is supposed to call you when the items arrive, which has not happened. I have been calling them twice a day for a week about this and they have been less than helpful, saying each time it will take 24 hours for them to get back to me, which they never do. Finally they said they are going to put the issue through to their "client service" which they can only email and I cannot talk to them directly, apparently the "client service" is going to call me back but not for 72 hours. So I am sitting here over the weekend with customers harassing me for their items, while I am being told by CollectPlus to just sit and wait for a phone call, ... again.

Comments

• fridayschild_2
    Options
    Hi Roadster,

I too have had problems with collectplus.

I took an ebay package to my local store on the 29th September and it wasn't collected until 9th October.

Even now it has not arrived at its destination and I am currently waiting for collectplus to get back to me from ringing the courier depot.

I found the number they give you at the top of their webpage absolutely useless, in fact when I had a problem printing my label they couldn't help at all and I ended up ringing them back with the solution so that they could at least pass it on to the next poor sucker sorry customer. Not that I really suppose they will take note.

I sent an email to [EMAIL="info@collectplus.co.uk"]info@collectplus.co.uk[/EMAIL] and got a reply from a young lady called Collette and her direct number is 01788 824088 so if you are still having problems give her a ring.

I had previously sent a catalogue return by these people as a 'test run' for my ebay parcel and I did save the buyer money £3.99 instead of £7.06 but I can assure you this is the very last time I shall use them for anything. So far my buyer has been ok but I haven't heard from her for a while and if I lose my 100% feedback I shall be rather cross!
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't think as a seller you would be covered using collect + as the item is delivered to a store not the buyers paypal address. Also it wouldn't be signed by them
  • fridayschild_2
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand Cyberbob, not covered for what?

I'm not looking to be covered by paypal/ebay if that is what you mean, collect+ has ample insurance for any loss.

I just don't want to be neg'd by my buyer - who agreed to me using collect+ to save them money incidentally - because of the delay she has suffered.

Unfortunately all the cover in the world can't give me back my 100% feedback if it is lost :(
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand Cyberbob, not covered for what?

I'm not looking to be covered by paypal/ebay if that is what you mean, collect+ has ample insurance for any loss.

I just don't want to be neg'd by my buyer - who agreed to me using collect+ to save them money incidentally - because of the delay she has suffered.

Unfortunately all the cover in the world can't give me back my 100% feedback if it is lost :(

I think CyberBob means protection against collectplus being happy that they have delivered item correctly to store, so no payout for loss, and buyer starting a paypal claim for non delivery.

As far as I understand you contract with collelctplus to deliver to store where it is later collected by buyer? If my understanding is correct then a paypal claim will be lost if buyer either doesn't collect item or opens a paypal chargeback.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Exactly Soolin sorry I wasn't clear enough having problems with that today. Any buyer could claim item not received and as its not signed for at the paypal address (its sent to the nearest store) you as seller would lose every time.

I must admit also as a buyer it would put me off as I wouldn't want to have to go and collect my items when i've paid for them to be delivered
  • fridayschild_2
    Options
    Incidentally, forgot to mention, Collect+ tell me that haven't been able to get in touch with H.D.N.L. (Home Delivery Network) the couriers because the phone lines have been down all day! Hmmm!
  • fridayschild_2
    Options
    As I say, I asked the buyer if she wanted me to use them, I explained how it worked.

She was quite happy to collect it from the shop, I know it might sound off putting to some but its a bonus to some people - she works shifts.

It saves you either having to wait in for a delivery (and still missing it) or going to some far flung P.O. centre with peculiar opening hours.

As for being covered by paypal. The item was £10 + the £3.99 for delivery, not a great amount and I would reimburse her if necessary.

I also believe that collect+ lets you know if/when the buyer has collected the item.

After all you wouldn't get any cover in the normal way unless you sent everything recorded and it isn't always worth it.

Thanks for all the replies though.

Anyone know how the OP is getting on?
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Note that the insurance cover like many carriers will only pay out your purchase cost of a new item up to the 40 pound limit and not your (higher) selling price.

http://www.collectplus.co.uk/terms.php

(section 5.6)
  • fridayschild_2
    Options
    I agree that everyone who looks into using Collect+ for their ebay packages needs to be very careful and treat each case individually.

In my case £40 would, obviously, more than cover the £10 for the item.

The Royal Mail by comparison only cover you up to £36 anyway and trying to get recompense from them is like getting blood from the proverbial.

Have you seen the information they want to look at ebay cases? They want to see your paypal account and everything, bit invasive if you ask me. Mind you, collect+ insurance will probably want the same info should the need arise.

The item I am sending weighs more than 3kgs so, as I said earlier, would be £7.06 standard parcel rate which is not signed for so no real proof of delivery. It would cost around £9 to send first class recorded - and then you would have to make sure the box wasn't too big - who is going to pay £9 postage for a £10 item?

Also I used recycled packaging, most people would be buying new and charging accordingly, you'd never sell anything.

Anyway, you try these things, they seem like a good idea but I can categorically say that is it with me and collect+, they are a nightmare.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree that everyone who looks into using Collect+ for their ebay packages needs to be very careful and treat each case individually.

In my case £40 would, obviously, more than cover the £10 for the item.

The Royal Mail by comparison only cover you up to £36 anyway and trying to get recompense from them is like getting blood from the proverbial.

Have you seen the information they want to look at ebay cases? They want to see your paypal account and everything, bit invasive if you ask me. Mind you, collect+ insurance will probably want the same info should the need arise.

The item I am sending weighs more than 3kgs so, as I said earlier, would be £7.06 standard parcel rate which is not signed for so no real proof of delivery. It would cost around £9 to send first class recorded - and then you would have to make sure the box wasn't too big - who is going to pay £9 postage for a £10 item?

Also I used recycled packaging, most people would be buying new and charging accordingly, you'd never sell anything.

Anyway, you try these things, they seem like a good idea but I can categorically say that is it with me and collect+, they are a nightmare.

£39 (100X 1st class stamp price)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport