Do NOT use CollectPlus

Options

Comments

• cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I agree that everyone who looks into using Collect+ for their ebay packages needs to be very careful and treat each case individually.

In my case £40 would, obviously, more than cover the £10 for the item.

The Royal Mail by comparison only cover you up to £36 anyway and trying to get recompense from them is like getting blood from the proverbial.

The problem you have is the buyer can technically raise a case of item not received even if they have picked the item up. As you haven't sent to the paypal address they would get refunded and keep the item. You would get no compensation from anyone for that.
  • fridayschild_2
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    £39 (100X 1st class stamp price)

Oh, its up to £39 now is it? Sorry, I stand corrected.

I had this message today from Collect+

Further to our previous discussion, Maidstone HDNL depot have located the parcel (which was incorrectly labeled by the original store) and have promised to deliver to Paul's Mini Market today. It appears that an attempt to deliver has already been made, but in a matter of confusion, the shopkeeper turned the driver away.

If it wasn't so laughable I think I might cry.
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Interesting that ebay have just negotiated a deal with Collect+ in light of the upcoming RM strikes, but there is no mention of the Paypal Seller Protection issue.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/shipping-services.html
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • BrixhamLulu
    BrixhamLulu Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2009 at 12:47PM
    Options
    Absolutly agreed. I wouldnt touch them with a disinfected bargepole again. I have today had to report them to Consumer Direct, and would urge anyone else having issues with them to do the same. Was horrified to see they have BANNER ads on ebay!
    (I posted yesterday about my problems on the Ebay forums and guess what, my post isnt there today...)

I ordered some things from Ebay, urgently for my teacher training things, and thanks to the RM strikes, I was all too happy to have the seller suggest using Collectplus to get it through in double quick time. Cheaper, and faster (3 - 4 days)? And the local collection point being 5 minutes walk away from me, I thought it sounded ideal.

On the third day I looked at the tracking info, and was interested to observe it had not appeared to have left its drop-off point in Surrey. I sent an email to their [EMAIL="info&#64;collectplus.co.uk"]info@collectplus.co.uk[/EMAIL] address and had a quick reply, saying 3 - 4 days is the delivery time.
    Friday, nothing, and in case the computer systems were being silly, I went down to the local collection point, and asked if it had arrived. The lady was most apologetic, she told me that they had had parcels waiting round for the previous 6 days waiting to be collected, and in 3 weeks of operating a Collectplus point, they had never ever recieved one inbound parcel for anyone.

I tried to phone CollectPlus and spent an hour hanging on thier helpline, no answer. I sent an email of complaint/ concern, and had a couple of responses. One saying that my seller should phone Collectplus to arrange for it to be collected, and one saying they were astonished at this lapse in good service, and that it would be collected.
    Interesting , Fridayschild says
    It appears that an attempt to deliver has already been made, but in a matter of confusion, the shopkeeper turned the driver away
    Thats almost the same excuse Collectplus gave my ebay seller for not collecting mine and other parcels. That the shopkeepers didnt speak proper English and had turned them away. (according to my ebay seller)

I have been in contact with my ebay seller now, who also had complained to them, and it was picked up from its collection point late last night.
    Goodness knows how long it will take to get to me - has anyone actually recieved a parcel via collectplus eventually?

Yes, all I can say is to avoid them. Cheap delivery (if it gets delievered) is not worth all this.
  • waqasahmed
    waqasahmed Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It would be nice of collect+ to police the shops, seeing as though they are probably getting comission. It is only in the best interests of collect+ to do this, as because of this, their reputation is going to go quickly downhill. Id say they're good if both shops at both ends send items quickly etc... but if one fails, why use them? Thats why Im not using collect+ for eBay sales and their reputation seems bad also. I think Im going to stick with parcelmonkey for £6.90 and £2 cashback via quidco lol
  • sushantcool
    Options
    Hi guys I am an another troubled customer. I have just writen them an email and waiting for their response.

Hi Customer services

I am writing to complain about your poor service in reference to order/tracking
    A2.....

This parcel was booked on 4th and was dropped at its drop off point, on the 5th November. The parcel is scheduled for scotland, and my buyer was promised a delivery within 3 -4 working days. I have been chasing the shop where I dropped the parcel, and they tell me none of your drivers have collected the parcel from there for last 1 week.

Is that the kind of service you are running. Even with postal strikes, It would have been delivered, to the respective area faster than you. The item is just lying there with the shop not knowing anything about what to do about it.

Please could you get that parcel picked up by tomorrow from Manchester, and deliver by Thursday, as I am already very disappointed with the service, and I dont want to go down the route of taking the matter with consumers court of this poor service.

Please dont give me this excuse;

It appears that an attempt to deliver has already been made, but in a matter of confusion, the shopkeeper turned the driver away

As this seems to be your excuse most of the times, as people have been writing bad thing about your service on forums.

I would like to show you some comments about you poor service on forums all over internet.

Please try and improve your service or you would not be trading for long.

I expect to receive a reply as soon as possible.
    Regards
  • MXLondon
    Options
    Another bad experience to report. Took my parcel to a local newsagent to be collected on Thursday 7th Jan. Checked tracking on Monday, not collected. Phoned collect plus - told they couldn't collect because of snow and they don't automatically recollect parcels if collection fails once (!). Was assured it would be collected on Wednesday.
    By Thursday, still not collected so phoned again - told it would definitely be collected on Thursday.
    On Friday, still not collected so phoned again - told it would definitely be collected on Monday and that it hadn't been collected previously because they had the wrong paperwork....

I've emailed to complain and to threaten reporting them to their local Trading Standards department (Northamptonshire County Council) - no response.

The Kafkaesque thing is I could collect the parcel myself at any time - it's sitting there at the newsagent - but they won't give it to me as it's been scanned in.

All in all it's an absolutely appalling service. Can you imagine having to phone Royal Mail to ask them to collect something from a post office?!

Will update you when/if anything happens...
  • Mancunian
    Mancunian Posts: 963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 December 2010 at 5:09PM
    Options
    just found this thread and must say I am surprised!

They must have got there act together.

I have sent about 10 packages over the past few weeks and other than one which seems seemed to confuse the convience store worker at the far end, has been brilliant!

I have emailed them a few times and they reply very promptly and very helpful. The tracking is good and the price is cheap.

I WOULD whole heartedly recommend them!
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
  • TUS
    TUS Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    I've also had reasonably good experiences with collect+. I've had a couple of parcels get delivered in 6/7 working days instead of 5 but on the whole it's a painless process. And can all be tracked online.

Also - they now deliver to residential addresses for £4.99 instead of a local store - essentially the same as RM Second Class Recorded but for larger parcels. And cheaper!
  • George666
    George666 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    My bad experiance as a buyer was just last week.
    They kept telling the seller that the parcel was at a local shop so I went there and no parcel was there for me to pick up.
    When the seller checked his local shop it had not even been picked up it was still in the shop it had been sitting there waiting for over a week.
    If the seller did not tell them about this they would have never known as they thought it had been delivered to my local shop.
    When I finally recieved it it looked like it had been soaked in water at one point and dried out luckily the item was undamaged but I say this again this was one of the worst sale experiances I have ever had on ebay and it is a bad experiance due entirly to collectplus.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure