PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• marmiterulesok
    Options
    I've got a friend coming round this afternoon who is going to take:
    8 jars of marmelade
    16 empty jam jars from me.
  • Rose_Crow
    Rose_Crow Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 September 2018 at 3:16PM
    Options
    Afternoon ladies,

A busy few days with work, but looks like I have next week off (if work comes along I can't turn it down as I'm self employed, I love my job but there's always so much to do at home!) Anyway, the new washing machine is in and works like a charm. I cant believe how dry the clothes are when they come out of it! Going to be very useful in the winter. Anyway been doing a bit of clearing out today:

30-38. Items from bathroom cabinet which are never used / out of date.
    39-42. Glass bottles taken for recycling
    43. Coffee grounds into compost bin
    44-47. Magazines in recycling
    48-49. Photo frames for cs
    50-58. Books for cs
    Clutter Free Life 2019
    31 of 172 items decluttered :D
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can put photos in with paper to be recycled?
  • Guineapigsqueaks
    Options
    Afternoon All and Welcome New Declutterbugs
    Been into DS's room with a rubbish bag and a bucket of hot soapy water. He supervised :rotfl:. Reasonable pile of paper oddments and receipts gone in the bin, also an old bottle of after shave, a not very useful ruler and a freebie plastic wallet he'll never use. Wiped decluttered areas of a shameful amount of dust, also skirting boards and showed the carpet the hoover. Got to start tea before I do anything else. I'm bunging a ready stuffed chicken in the oven and using frozen roasties. I'll never be Delia, but my house WILL be free of stuff I don't need! I've made progress on the breeding paperwork in the kitchen. There were cobwebs in the corner where it lives :o.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As previously mentioned,I have a cleaning/decluttering business.I have always had a constant supply of cleaning supplies,ie when floor cleaner,or polish are on special (or I am at a pound shop),I buy up.Well,when I was sorting out a box of cleaning supplies about 3 months ago,I found a surfeit of bathroom cleaner.Most bottles were still sealed,though labels had lost their glue and worn off.A few had been opened,and they contents smelt a bit "off".I couldn't use them on a paying customer's house.But I havent been able to bring myself to open ,and pour down the sink,11 bottles of cleaning fluid.I thought I might use them for my own house.Maybe.Feels better than pouring it down the sink.Before I came to this conclusion,I did pour 2 bottles down the sink and recycled the bottles,so I am counting those

1251-1252:2bottles of cleaning fluid,poured down sink and bottles recycled
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• marmiterulesok
    Options
    Today more dvds and books left my flat for a shipment to Ghana.
    I also got rid of /put aside for the cs:
    -2 Xmas decs
    -2 games
    -1 piece of wood
    -3 make up bags
    -about 30 photos
    -2 fans
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Options
    I've not posted on here for a while!
    My decluttering efforts have been going well, although I've lost count of how many items in my 2018 in 2018 challenge!

I've streamlined a lot of my clothes, including putting quite a few on ebay (get some extra pennies as well which is good!)
    I have a huge pile for a carboot, which I'll be hopefully doing next weekend.
    Steadily been burning through my huge candle collection, no longer saving them for 'best' and the same with my toiletries - have been using stuff I've been keeping forever for god knows what reason!
    Tins of stuff I have in my cupboard which I was given or bought on a whim and will never eat are in a bag ready to be dropped off at the food bank later in the week.
    Feeling positive that I'll end 2018 much more streamlined!
  • somerandom
    Options
    Welcome @WannaBeeFree

I'm off on holiday tomorrow for 12 nights so no more decluttering until I'm back.

Packing and tidying today - a few bits decluttered:

106&7 - 2 x dead vests
    108-111 - 4 items for the CS
    112 - wheelie bin full of green waste
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. IF I NOTICE SOME SMALL TASK NEEDS DOING - I WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY

2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN - WITHOUT HIDING THE CLUTTER EXCEPT for the wardrobe room which is currently the storage room (sr)

3. THE LAST WASHING UP OF THE DAY WILL BE PUT AWAY BEFORE I GO TO BED

Saver-upper, sorry to hear about your customer/friend and what a wonderful thing to do :A Even without a cleaning/decluttering business I get tempted by cleaning products :rotfl:

Marmiterules, the letter that was emailed to her originally said 24 hrs :eek: It appears they pumped various things into her including something to make her heart race & didn’t want caffeine to interfere with the results. They got back about 9:45 & she has felt ‘grotty’ all day:( :T to your friend - I bet that created quite a bit of kitchen cupboard space & must be nice to know that the jars & lids will be put to use - or is your friend ‘a collector’ :rotfl: You are putting me to shame with your decluttering :o Re the photographs - as far as I am aware they are not recyclable as they are full of chemicals :eek:

Wanna Bee Free, well done - I think the first lot of stuff out of your home is the hardest but now ‘you are officially a declutterer’ :T:T

Molillie, I stayed up all night to make sure DSis was on time :rotfl: She was really looking forward to a full English & a large mug of tea but was sadly disappointed as all the cafes were closed :( She had to wait till she got home & I made her a cuppa :rotfl: Great idea re timings for tasks :T mind if I borrow that :rotfl:

:T Rose Crow, well done on keeping things moving out :T

Guineapigsqueaks, at least DS let you in his room - I like veg it that he ‘supervised’ - was any actual assistance forthcoming? :rotfl:

abbe89, decluttering left, right & centre :T As long as you can see ‘space’ I wouldn’t worry about the numbers :rotfl:

somerandom, happy holiday :D

After their early start, DH & DSis spent most of the day napping :rotfl:

After staying up all night I thought I would go to bed but instead, I made cheese savouries, vacuumed all downstairs, did two loads of washing which dried on the whirligig as it was a perfect drying day, did clothing repairs, folded & put away clothes as well as watching all 3 Motorcycle races :rotfl: Still no decluttering :o & still haven’t decided where to start :o

Re my three mantras: aired & made bed; washed up; worktops washed down; cleaned oven; general tidying

The day to day decluttering generated

C593 - C596 Non recyclable - 2 plastic trays, plastic tray & packaging, plastic packaging - Binned
    C597 - C600 Tin can, milk carton, glass bottle, glass jar & metal lid - Rinsed & recycled

May your decluttering mojo continue to be strong :rotfl:

MrsSD
    C600/C2018
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mrs Salad Dodger, can I have some of your energy please? I've ground to a halt today :o
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family