PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• marmiterulesok
    Options
    Mrs salad Dodger Oh that makes sense about caffeine then and the MRI.Hope your SIL feels better today.

No, my friend isn't a 'collector' but I have so much marmelade and between now and the move I'll never get through it all.I kept two pots for myself.

Makes sense that photos go in the ordinary rubbish.Thanks!

Going to get stuff up from the cellar space today to take to the cs.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Mrs Salad Dodger, can I have some of your energy please? I've ground to a halt today :o

I know that feeling... :(
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Mrs SD I hope ur Dsis is feeling better, the MRI doesn't sound pleasant at all:(

I'm counting this as a declutter and it did feel really good:D

*259-266 7 Christmas presents over to my mum's ready for the family :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: it has created space so very happy:j I buy throughout the year as to do it all in one month would totally stress me out plus I hate wrapping with a passion. Doing it throughout the year u can pick up some brilliant presents cheaper but u do need the storage. I would like to stop some presents now the kids are older but family /friends have been very resistant:(
    Said this year I wouldn't buy so much so early but I ended up buying more so nice to see some presents go and some space back.

*267 a Christmas gift bag for the above
    *268 birthday present-sent today
    *269 packaging for the birthday present
    *270 recipe book returned to neighbour
    *271 wrapping paper-a roll used up and any bits recycled

Slowly we have a pile of stuff forming in the living room ready for a tip run
    DD has said she def needs to sort out clothes and some need to go......yet to get them:eek:

Happy decluttering everyone!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Rose_Crow
    Rose_Crow Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 September 2018 at 5:59PM
    Options
    A few more bits today (will add to the list as i go).

59. Ornament (cs)
    60. Unused hat (cs)
    61. Unused sandals (cs)
    62. Unused Henry vacuum bag (bin)
    63. Scissors (bin)
    64-75. Unused items from bathroom cabinet (bin)
    76. Small exercise ball
    77. Unused orchid bark (compost bin)
    78-79. Bottled water (leftover from winter when the pipes froze at the horses)
    80. OH worn out garden shoes
    Clutter Free Life 2019
    31 of 172 items decluttered :D
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    :j Yippee, decided on a ‘mini project’ - cleared the tops of our wardrobes :j and there be treasure :rotfl: Found the winter duvet :T my beautiful plain cream bedspread :T & a memory foam pillow :T which DH has requested as he cannot get on with just one pillow :rotfl: Need to find a protector + pillowcase & add to the bed :rotfl: Also found my DSis’s ‘missing’ suitcase :rotfl: We had hunted high & low in France - could we find it - not a chance :D Finally remembered that the last time she visited, my DH took her to the airport on the motorbike :eek: so no way could the suitcase be taken :rotfl: Don’t you love it when a mystery is solved :T;)
    DH then vacuumed the wardrobe tops & so far have returned the duvet, the bedspread & a my DSis’ frame full of family photos (she has no wall space to hang it :D) all in black plastic bags.

Also found several pictures & photo frames, a hat, another suitcase & a few hold alls :rotfl: Decisions have been made as to allocation - so now the cleaning of items is about to get underway :rotfl: Will also be investigating whether any of the pictures are worth anything which will decide whether or not I try to sell or donate to cs :D

I am inordinately happy that I finally picked a project :rotfl:

My usual daily post will include numbers AND replies to all your posts :D

Have a great decluttering day :rotfl:

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Rootle
    Rootle Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    36/52 - some old ten pounds notes and one pound coins taken into bank branch for upgrade!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Took two mahoosive bin bags of clothes to the chazzers, but brought 3 books back:eek:I really really needed them though:rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Wanna_Bee_Free Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 September 2018 at 9:41PM
    Options
    19 Hairbrush with loads of bobbles missing - Bin
    20 OOD Saline - Recyled
    21 & 22 OOD Spices x 2
    23 Pen - to my Dad

23/630 - I’ve made good progress today, all thanks to this thread as I’ve been seeking things out specially.
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    Candygirl I so know what you mean about needing those books! I think you deserve them after taking two huge bags in!!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Candygirl I so know what you mean about needing those books! I think you deserve them after taking two huge bags in!!

Thanks hun :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills