PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• marmiterulesok
    Options
    I've done some tidying and decluttering today: a few books out and getting my shopping caddie ready .Hopefully I'll make it to the cs tomorrow.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have been pootling about in the Grandkids' room today.Was very emotional, as I've bagged up all their babyish toys, with lots of happy memories attached :(
    They're 7 n 9 now, n glued to their ipads :(
    Hope you're all ok xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Guineapigsqueaks
    Guineapigsqueaks Posts: 410 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 September 2018 at 5:56PM
    Options
    Afternoon All.
    New electric shower is operational, hurray for that, it was taking an age for everyone to have baths of an evening. Plumber scratched his head for a bit wondering if it could be fitted without too much tile carnage. Apparently same make and model is not the same inside any more. Anyway, looks good, just one small drill hole from the previous shower can be seen, I can fill that, it will hardly be visible. Old shower has gone straight out into my "tip bin" where I store rubbish that isn't collected weekly by the Council until I have enough for an outing to the tip. All of packaging for new shower has gone in recycling and I have resolved to file manual, etc. tonight (I won't manage it, but it's important to set yourself a target, hahaha).
    I need to nip to the supermarket tonight. If only the rest of the house decluttered itself the same way as the fridge seems to :rotfl:.
    Everyone's doing brilliantly. Keep it up. I won't be achieving much at home for the next couple of days as super busy at work.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. IF I NOTICE SOME SMALL TASK NEEDS DOING - I WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY

2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN - WITHOUT HIDING THE CLUTTER EXCEPT for the wardrobe room which is currently the storage room (sr)

3. THE LAST WASHING UP OF THE DAY WILL BE PUT AWAY BEFORE I GO TO BED

Marmiterules, I did start ‘Operation Photo Sort’ :rotfl: :T for the inspiration :T Hope you make it to the cs tomorrow or should that be today :D

Molillie, I agree with pixielottie - you just have to picture the end goal :D - space & clear surfaces plus an open plan garden :D

pixielottie, you have definitely caught the ‘decluttering bug’ :rotfl: well done :T

Rose Crow, the more clutter that goes out the calmer your home will feel & it must be lovely that OH has noticed :D

rootle, hope the ‘someone else’ treated you :D Numbers ticking along nicely :T

retiredinfrance, I like it - collecting for a grand finale :T Then I can start cheering you on for the 500 :rotfl:

candygirl, well done :T tackling what I will call ‘emotional decluttering’ is the hardest thing to do. Please give yourself a big pat on the back :T The good thing being that you still have the memories without the clutter :T

Guineapigsqueaks, congrats on the new shower :D
    I sometimes wish there was such a thing as a ‘Decluttering Fairy’ :rotfl: but then I wouldn’t ever have that lovely feeling of a successfully completed decluttering project :rotfl:

Damp & drizzly with a distinct chill all day - but the good news is that I didn’t have to leave the house :rotfl:

DH got back about 11:00 pm :eek: but my warming drawer came into its own :T he had a nice hot dinner of pork chop, mash & roasted veg. waiting for him :D

DSis spent all day in her room catching up on the 3rd series of Killjoys - so we can watch the 4th series together :D

As per marmiterules’s inspiration, I spent the afternoon & early evening on ‘Operation Photo Sort’ - managed to look through 2.5 box files full of photos. Binned out of focus & duplicate photos - the rest have been sorted into categories e.g. holidays, France, in-laws etc. I still have a large shoe box full to go through & there may be more boxes but I will plug away :rotfl: The comprehensive sorting, scanning, albuming etc will be a rainy day/s or winter project :rotfl:

Re my three mantras: aired & made bed; washed up; worktops washed down; filled sugar bowl; tightened toilet flush handle; found the pillow protector & spare pillowcase - so DH now has 2 pillows :rotfl:; general tidying

The ‘photo sort’ and day to day decluttering generated

C639 - C646 Non recyclable - plastic pot & lid, 3 plastic bags, plastic tray & packaging, 3 lots of plastic packaging - binned
    C647 - C651 Tin can, two milk cartons, foil tray, used foil - Rinsed & recycled
    C652 Leaflets - recycled

C653 - C673 Six sets of negatives, 15 lots of ‘10’ photos - Binned

As you can see I decided against blitzing the wall unit again :rotfl: although I would point out that the box files & shoe box came from the wall unit :rotfl:

May your decluttering mojo continue to be strong :rotfl:

MrsSD
    C673/C2018
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2018 at 7:06AM
    Options
    1077 more paperwork shredded
    1078 -1079 moisturiser sample used up and binned

Will be back tomorrow with more and to catch up on everyone's posts
  • Molillie
    Options
    Hello all,

so far today I've added a print in a nice frame to charity shop stuff in car, the print has faded a bit, but I thought the frame would be useful to someone.
    More hand-shredding and paper recycling done, including all the post which came today, usually I seem to let this mature first. I don't really need to file a credit card statement showing 0 in all categories.

I'm going to focus on tidying today, and then I have a shopping list for the friend with a broken shoulder. Currently waiting for the return of the tree surgeon, who was going to the chain-saw repair shop first.

He's arrived now, and the mixed load truck is coming tomorrow to take away the remains of the shed, broken bits of fence, and the unwanted contents. Next week it should finally be finished! Can hardly wait.

Popping off to the charity shop now he's installed and has tea and biscuits to carry on with.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Where art thou basketcase? I miss your weightlifting exploits :rotfl:
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 13 September 2018 at 6:11PM
    Options
    For the cs:
    29 tops
    2 jackets and one coat. :D

eta I've taken back one top, but have 35 pairs of socks, a pair of jeans and two pairs of tights to add to the pile.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Close call today. I'd put a book in the charity bag.
    It's a small book of DDs that she used for GCSE (she's at uni now!):eek:
    It was on Amazon over a year with no takers so that's why it ended up in the charity bag. All of a sudden found out today it has been sold for far more than I expected. I have an extra study book that goes with it so I will pop that in aswell. Feel they will be put to good use as they will be going to a school and I get to declutter at the same time:D:T
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2018 at 3:06PM
    Options
    1080-1088 assortment of earrings. Mainly single ones.
    1089 small silk bag
    1090 hair toggle
    1091 screw type thing which had been in with my make up for ages.
    1092- 1098 bits of make-up which I haven't used for ages.
    1099-1100 bits of ribbon.
    1101-1103 sweets that haven't been eaten so binned
    1104 a screw
    1105 lightbulb from Christmas lights
    1106 electrical lead adapter thing.
    1107-1108 a plastic box and lid

Hopefully more tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing