PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. IF I NOTICE SOME SMALL TASK NEEDS DOING - I WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY

2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN - WITHOUT HIDING THE CLUTTER EXCEPT for the wardrobe room which is currently the storage room (sr)

3. THE LAST WASHING UP OF THE DAY WILL BE PUT AWAY BEFORE I GO TO BED

villagelife, well done :T numbers ticking over very nicely :T

Molillie, you must be getting excited :D not only are you decluttering trees, a shed & general garden waste but you are also decluttering biscuits at a rate of knots :T

marmiterules - tough one to repeat - keep one, get rid of 38 :rotfl: You know that now that is in your mind you will be trying to replicate it :rotfl:

Happy Kitties, well done :T

Gloriously sunny & warm day, clear blue skies & the start of my day of smiles :D

Today has been a day of smiles :D

Managed 190 pieces of litter (bits of plastic, plastic bags, bottles, paper packaging etc) on my walk to the sm - all binned. Stops it blowing into the dock & harming the wildlife :D
    The crested grebes are back & nesting again with their 3 stripey youngsters :D Also saw mallards, coots, Canada Geese & a single white swan :) as well as the ubiquitous pigeons & seagulls :( Had a few slices of bread to feed them - the Canada geese are quite scary as they keep pace along the dockside :eek:
    Also got interviewed by 3 very pleasant young ladies - environmental studies - as all 3 are studying to be geography teachers. We parted company - all of us smiling :D
    Elderly lady thanked me for litter picking - more smiles from me as it is nice to be appreciated :)
    Sm wasn’t busy - more smiles & didn’t have to queue at checkout - even more smiles. Smiling anyway because the sun is shining :D

DH & DSis have gone on a Tip run & then off to pick up some decorative slabs.
    While they were out my dear friend phoned - received the condolence card I sent. Chatted about the funeral arrangements - complicated by the fact that burial will be In Jamaica.

Re my three mantras: aired & made bed; washed up; worktops washed down; filled tea bags jar; general tidying

The Tip run & day to day decluttering generated

C674 - C681 Non recyclable - 2 plastic trays & lids, 2 plastic bags, plastic tray & packaging, 2 lots of plastic packaging, offcut of carpet - binned
    C682 - C685 Tin can, milk carton, 2 plastic bottles - Rinsed & recycled
    C686 - C696 Leaflets, brochure, 3 lots of paper packaging, 2 lots of cardboard packaging, 4 cardboard boxes broken down - recycled
    C697 - C702 Broken trolley, bag of electrical bits, box of metal bits, broken hacksaw, 4L used oil, broken flask + other bits already listed - taken to Tip
    May your decluttering mojo continue to be strong :rotfl:

MrsSD
    C702/C2018
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £228.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £62.00; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Rose_Crow
    Options
    Morning all,

Glad to see everyone doing so well. Got a day off today so gathering a few more items to go out (will add to this list as I go):

81-82. Old electric shavers
    83. Another old bluetooth speaker
    84. Eggboxes x 4 to neighbour with chickens
    85-86. Worn out duvet sets
    87-90. Misc linen
    91. Badly split wooden chopping board
    92. Unused spray deoderant
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    * 272 recycled packaging used by DD
    * 273-275 booksx2 rescued from charity bag as one had sold on Amazon. Sent off today
    *276 recycled packaging for the books

Thought I had better update while I remembered.
    That's amazing MrsSD 190 pieces of litter but a shame that you have to do it in the first place. People are so thoughtless. My uncle is very much into his walking and will do a litter pick sometimes depending on where he is going. I've massive respect for any one who takes the time to look after the environment.......we've only one planet........*now steps off soapbox!*
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Rose_Crow
    Options
    How on earth does one get rid of a pair of crutches? They've been hanging around in the cupboard under the stairs for years and are like new. Can't seem to find any charities nearby that want them. Such a waste :(
  • villagelife
    Options
    Day off today and have been busy.

1109 an odd sock.
    1110-1111 shampoo and moisturiser sample used up and binned.
    1112-1113 mugs to charity shop
    1114-1116 printer ink cartridges to cs
    1117 pack of coloured envelopes
    1118-1122 packs of writing paper
    1123-1133 gift tags
    1134-1135 bags all to cs.

Also tidied the house. Need to do a bit more then start on the garden.
  • retiredinfrance
    Options
    Rose Crow, try your local hospital Physiotherapy dept. I was given some when I broke a leg and had to return them as they were NHS property. Of course, that was some time ago .Best not to keep them as it might tempt fate.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. IF I NOTICE SOME SMALL TASK NEEDS DOING - I WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY

2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN - WITHOUT HIDING THE CLUTTER EXCEPT for the wardrobe room which is currently the storage room (sr)

3. THE LAST WASHING UP OF THE DAY WILL BE PUT AWAY BEFORE I GO TO BED

Well done Rose Crow :T your numbers are moving along nicely :T

Happy Kitties, steady progress, well done :T Did enjoy the ‘soap box’ :rotfl: but you are right - we only have one planet & you’d think people would do their little bit :mad: what is especially galling is that there are plenty of bins so ‘these litterbugs’ have no excuse :mad:

villagelife, well done on the numbers plus tidying :T Please do not overdo it - better to go slowly & stay healthy :D especially if you garden tidying to do :D

Overcast, grey showery day :( DH made me a lovely cup of tea, then I had a nice bath in preparation for my mammogram - even remembered not to use body lotion or deodorant :eek:
    DH took me to the hospital on the motorbike - arrived 13:35 for a 13:54 appointment but was actually back outside by 13:54 :T:T

After a cup of coffee, we did a 10 minute sort out of garden products & then DH did a Tip run. I was going to resume the photo sort out but DH requested ‘supervision’ :rotfl: in his garage tidying :rotfl: So helped out & started moving gardening tools etc to my new shed. The lo rubber flooring (from the shed) is now on the garage floor - waste not want not :rotfl: Home cooked fish’n’chips for dinner.

Re my three mantras: aired & made bed; washed up; worktops washed down; filled tea bags jar, coffee & sugar jars & sugar bowl; general tidying

The Tip run, garden & garage tidy up & the day to day decluttering generated

C703 - C751 Non recyclable - 4 plastic bags, plastic pot & lid, coffee tin filled with kitchen rubbish, black bin bag filled with about 40 bits of toot from garage plus a plastic bag dispenser thingy, used sponge scourer - binned
    C752 - C754 Tin can, 2 milk cartons - Rinsed & recycled
    C755 - C768 Leaflets, brochure, cardboard packaging, 7 cardboard boxes broken down, 3 magazines, toilet roll tube - recycled
    C769 - C784 Ten bits of gardening toot, 6 bits of metal from garage - to Tip

C785 Boxed ‘engine timing kit’ to be listed

May your decluttering mojo continue to be strong :rotfl:

MrsSD
    C785/C2018
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £228.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £62.00; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and concern Mrs SD.
    Yesterday DH had a delivery of stuff for work which he stored at home, well I managed to put everything in the cupboard under the stairs to store it. In the past we have lived with boxes in the hall. A big achievement from all the work.

1136-1137 cracked mugs in the bin.
  • Guineapigsqueaks
    Options
    Morning All.
    I've not started yet today and am sat drinking multiple cuppas. Busy week at work so need not to go at everything at 100 miles an hour this weekend! Here's an amusing distraction I found, some might already have done it:
    http://clutterbug.me/what-clutterbug-are-you-test
    I'm a Cricket and need to remember that progress today is better than perfection tomorrow :-). It was quite an accurate description of me to be fair.
    Hope to report some progress later.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Morning All.
    I've not started yet today and am sat drinking multiple cuppas. Busy week at work so need not to go at everything at 100 miles an hour this weekend! Here's an amusing distraction I found, some might already have done it:
    http://clutterbug.me/what-clutterbug-are-you-test
    I'm a Cricket and need to remember that progress today is better than perfection tomorrow :-). It was quite an accurate description of me to be fair.
    Hope to report some progress later.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

I think I'm a cricket too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business