Tandem Bank credit card woes

Options

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Applied for the tandem credit card, 8 weeks on still waiting, what a joke
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • difficultguy
    difficultguy Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    I tend to agree with most of what you say about Tandem's rudimentary app, which is not acceptable when that is the only way to access your account. However I've not noticed any balance or refund discrepancies (I should check), and on my app (android) there is a chat function with reasonable response time within their limited working hours. Instant notification of transactions seems to work for me, usually at least. I was also surprised at the introduction of a savings account, trying to run before they can walk.

I have only needed to call them twice, answered quickly, about a technical problem accepting their offer at account opening, and to set up a direct debit. I'm prepared to see how it goes in the hope they can improve their app and facilities in general, but unless they can obtain sufficient investment to hire decent app developers and other staff I don't think it's going to work out for them.

Now if Starling Bank or Monzo Bank, with their excellent apps and system in general, launched a fee-free for overseas and cashback credit card, that would be perfect.

I have been using Tandem Credit Card for less then a month. I have already been charged fee for something other credit card never charged it before. When I contact with customer services, they are completely powerless and unable to help.

Now I have to stop using this card completely, as I am not sure what other hidden charges are applicable on this card.

I never heard of this company before I would NOT recommend this credit card to anyone
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    A fee for what?
    A cash fee?
    Interest fee?

There are no hidden fees or costs with this card.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have been using Tandem Credit Card for less then a month. I have already been charged fee for something other credit card never charged it before. When I contact with customer services, they are completely powerless and unable to help.

Now I have to stop using this card completely, as I am not sure what other hidden charges are applicable on this card.

I never heard of this company before I would NOT recommend this credit card to anyone

As Gary says, fees for what? You need to be more specific.

I've been using Tandem almost daily for well over a year now.
    No hidden fees or charges.
    No complaints at all actually.

Were you using it to withdraw cash by any chance? All credit cards charge a fee for that.
  • difficultguy
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    A fee for what?
    A cash fee?
    Interest fee?

There are no hidden fees or costs with this card.

It's called Cash Advance Fee. I used this card to transfer money into overseas account. My previous card companies never charges this fee.

I was NOT give any sort of warning either.

Their customer service has little or no authority to help in these unexpected circumstances.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    It's called Cash Advance Fee. I used this card to transfer money into overseas account. My previous card companies never charges this fee.

Their customer service has little or no authority to help in these unexpected circumstances.
    Almost all credit cards charge for this. It was in the T&Cs you agreed to, I'd say that's ample warning.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Name one card that doesn't charge this. Please.

It would be in the T's and C's that you agree to.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    Name one card that doesn't charge this. Please.

It would be in the T's and C's that you agree to.
    There are a couple that don't charge fees for cash advances, but they're not the norm. Maybe difficultguy was lucky enough to have one of them previously.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    There are a couple that don't charge fees for cash advances, but they're not the norm. Maybe difficultguy was lucky enough to have one of them previously.
    What are they? I can't find any that wont charge.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    beany_bot wrote: »
    What are they? I can't find any that wont charge.
    Halifax Clarity and Santander Zero are the two I am aware of.
    They both charge interest, of course, but neither charges a cash advance fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure