PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,782 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The Trust is right to refer you to your solicitor.
    The mortgage can't be registered without the Trust's consent but it's your solicitor who can explain what their interest is and what legal obligation you have re the clauses you refer to.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Sally_Forth
    Options
    AceKingPin wrote: »

And to repeat a former question I asked, what happens if I try to proceed with the mortgage completion without paying the £132 consent sum, would it not go ahead?

Many thanks again for any responses you can provide.

You mentioned in your original post that they have already provided a letter of consent before you made any payment.
    If that letter is sufficient to satisfy the restriction then LR won't care that you haven't paid the £132 and will very likely register the mortgage.
    It does all depend on whether the letter is sufficient though.
  • sarah2711
    Options
    Hi
    I don't suppose there's any updates om this please?
    HM Land Registry Ref: G726QDR
    Title Number: SY192944
    Kind regards
    Sarah
  • hairy_g
    hairy_g Posts: 340 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Our buyer has asked for a "Historic Deed" which our Solicitor applied for but has been told that this has been accidently destroyed by the Land Registry. Can you explain how this is possible?, and do we have any recourse against the Land Registry as we now have to pay for an Indemnity Insurance of over £100 before our sale can move forwards?

Thanks
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    sarah2711 wrote: »
    Hi
    I don't suppose there's any updates om this please?
    HM Land Registry Ref: G726QDR
    Title Number: SY192944
    Kind regards
    Sarah

That application was incorrectly lodged in November, cancelled, but then resubmitted on the 2nd December
    The lodging conveyancer has today asked us to consider expediting it and lodged documentary evidence to confirm the onward sale/purchase
    As such if we do expedite it then it should be considered within 10 working days. Everything then hinges on it being in order
    What has your conveyancer advised?
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    hairy_g wrote: »
    Hi,

Our buyer has asked for a "Historic Deed" which our Solicitor applied for but has been told that this has been accidently destroyed by the Land Registry. Can you explain how this is possible?, and do we have any recourse against the Land Registry as we now have to pay for an Indemnity Insurance of over £100 before our sale can move forwards?

Thanks

If we have confirmed that we held it and should have done so but that we then destroyed it in error then you (your conveyancer) can claim.
    That should have been explained in the letter confirming our error for example - was it?
    If unsure do you have the title number involved please?
  • hairy_g
    hairy_g Posts: 340 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have the letter, our solicitor / conveyancer is being a slow with providing information.
    I think this is the number you require:WM 451771.
    If not i will call them on Tuesday to get it.
    Thanks.
  • clodagh_trubble
    Options
    Hi
    My father died recently and we have discovered he had a charge on my sister's property, as he had helped buy it during her divorce, this charge is in joint names with my mother. Can the charge be changed to just my mother's name, and how would we do this.

Thanks for your help
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    hairy_g wrote: »
    I don't have the letter, our solicitor / conveyancer is being a slow with providing information.
    I think this is the number you require:WM 451771.
    If not i will call them on Tuesday to get it.
    Thanks.

Many thanks - the document we have on file is incomplete as stated. We wrote to your solicitor to confirm, updated the register to clarify and also explained what can be done re recovering costs etc
    I would suggest speaking to your solicitor again to clarify further
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hi
    My father died recently and we have discovered he had a charge on my sister's property, as he had helped buy it during her divorce, this charge is in joint names with my mother. Can the charge be changed to just my mother's name, and how would we do this.

Thanks for your help

You can apply to update the register using form DJP or AP1 and submit it along with an official copy of his death certificate
    There's no fee and the standard address to send them to is linked to from the form online
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback