Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• catrobinson
    catrobinson Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2015 at 2:58PM
    Options
    Hi,
    I have come to join you all in this stomach churning process!
    We are first time buyers who until a few months ago were living happily in a rented house belonging to an estate that would never be sold! fast forward to now and it is being sold and we are suddenly wanting to buy elsewhere.
    Our timeline!
    2/5/15 AIP through a broker with Santander (our bank!)
    9/5/15 Saw a house and put in an offer.
    11/5/15 Offer accepted, solicitor instructed.
    Have decided to go direct to Santander not through broker and initial phone 'meeting' took place. Credit check all fine. Tomorrow have a face to face to start application process.
    Feeling ever so slightly sick!!
    12/5/15 3 hour meeting with Santander. Application referred to under writers.
    14/5/15 Application approved subject to valuation. Fingers now firmly crossed!
  • Tarragondragon
    Options
    Middle of Feb: Initial meeting with MA to discuss money, do KFIs, etc. Suggests we go with Santander
    End of Feb: put in 3 offers on a house, all refused - back to the drawing board
    14/03: Viewed a house, with potential. Owners father was there so we couldn't get a proper look around!
    21/03: Second viewing, much better... Decide to put an offer in.
    24/03: first offer refused - it was 10.5k, under but you have to try!
    26/03: second offer put in - refused within 10 minutes!
    27/03: final offer placed and refused. £1k under what she wanted, £6k under asking. EA is frustrated and takes the vendor 'window shopping' to get her on board
    30/03: offer accepted! We visit our MA who has all our paperwork ready to submit our mortgage application with Natwest (was a better fit for us, I bank with them and have multiple incomes)
    02/04: MOPS received
    07/04: Contacted MA re: any news
    15/04: Contacted Natwest, they require further info. Send updated Bank Statements to MA and request HRMC fax SA302 (since the first lot got lost in the post 8 weeks ago!)
    16/04: MA lets me know she's passing further information onto Natwest today.
    20/04: MA confirms Natwest have our stuff and will contact them on Thursday to see whats happening
    23/04: MA calls, Natwest are happy with all our info (yay minor victory). However, they require my partner's previous address (he moved in with my just under 3 years ago) in written format from her)
    25/04: Received Fixtures & Fittings list and Land Registry info from Solicitors, he also informs us that he has the vendors contract in hand.
    28/04: Mortgage Approved subject to Valuation. Valuation fee paid.
    06/05: Valuation booked takes place
    08/05: Structural Survey takes place

08/05: solicitors searches, contracts and property information pack received
    11/05: Structural finds nothing terrible, pointing needs doing on chimney (my dad's a roofer and will see to it) and double glazing blown in front windows (we knew about and negotiated into the price)
    11/05: (early evening) MA rings, Natwest are satisfied with the valuation and the mortgage offer are in the post!

Now we just wait, hopefully we can exchange soon!
  • tomble22
    tomble22 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

New here but keep reviewing the thread to try and calm my nerves....not really helping!!

Our timeline so far:

3 April 2015 – Reserved new build plot

7 April 2015 – Submitted Help to Buy PIF form

10 April 2015 – Received e-mail from Help to Buy requesting further information

16 April 2015 – Forwarded Developer Reservation Form to allow Help to Buy to process

21 April 2015 – Forwarded all necessary documentation to MA for mortgage application

22 April 2015 – Received Help to Buy Authority to Proceed

22 April 2015 – Returned Natwest signature sample to MA

23 April 2015 – MA received e-mail from Natwest requiring proof of address (I had an old account with them at a different address)

25 April 2015 – Received form from Natwest for proof of address and sent back

27 April 2015 – Text from Natwest to say my address details have now been updated

30 April 2015 – Confirmation received from MA that Natwest are in receipt of all necessary information

No news from Natwest as yet. My main reason of worry is a late payment that was put on my credit file in the last month by Npower....we moved out of our old rental accommodation in February, received our final bill at the end of February with a note reading "Payment will be taken by direct debit on or after 1 April 2015" and payment was taken, by direct debit, on the 8th April....have lodged a complaint with Npower and provided all bank statements, npower bill etc to the MA/Natwest to hopefully show how stupid they are but you never know!!
    Otherwise, credit history is clean (my wife has a voluntary termination of a HP car on hers but I don't envisage too many problems - It wasn't due to not being able to afford the car, it was due to the car dropping 2/3 of it's value in 2 years!!) and affordability wise we are way over our borrowing amount so I'm just hoping it will be plain sailing!!
    Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone else in the same boat!!
    Cheers,
    Tom

• catrobinson
    catrobinson Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I have come to join you all in this stomach churning process!
    We are first time buyers who until a few months ago were living happily in a rented house belonging to an estate that would never be sold! fast forward to now and it is being sold and we are suddenly wanting to buy elsewhere.
    Our timeline!
    2/5/15 AIP through a broker with Santander (our bank!)
    9/5/15 Saw a house and put in an offer.
    11/5/15 Offer accepted, solicitor instructed.
    Have decided to go direct to Santander not through broker and initial phone 'meeting' took place. Credit check all fine. Tomorrow have a face to face to start application process.
    Feeling ever so slightly sick!!

12/5/15 Today I spent 3 long hours with Santander completing mortgage application. Unfortunately we have been referred and it has been sent to the underwriters. She tells me its not uncommon with help to buy mortgages. Hopefully will have a decision by Fri/Mon!!
  • Car1980
    Car1980 Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 May 2015 at 3:30PM
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Car1980 View Post
    • 23/4 Applied for Nationwide DIP. Referred to underwriters.
    • Broker has to explain to Nationwide that we have SA302s, not certified accounts because of self assessment.
    • Faxed bank statements, SA302s, ID,
    • 1 page of bank statements missing - faxed over,
    • Requested 2x tax overviews, 40 mins on phone to HMRC who then fax over wrong form.
    • Another 40 mins on phone to HMRC who then fax over right form.
    • Nationwide unhappy that marriage certificate has come across a bit faint. Darken and fax over.
    • Nationwide unhappy that official SA302s are in a very slightly different format for the 2 tax years.
    • 40 mins on phone to HMRC, new SA302s arrive in 5 days and are faxed over.
    • Nationwide have lost an item that was sent. Re-sent across
    • Nationwide still unhappy that marriage certificate is still not dark enough for them. Have to scan it and Photoshop it to make it even darker.
    • Nationwide unhappy that all forms of ID say 'Apartment' except for one that says 'Flat'.
    • Broker exasperated. Nationwide says they'll try and make a decision in a week (previously we were always told 72 hours)

Chances of having to pay Nationwide a £3k early redemption and having to rent to avoid house sale falling through increasing by the day.
    I can empathise - We had a horrible time with Nationwide. After 3 months of them continually losing documents, scanning and rescanning items (including in branch so they would be acceptable and not get lost) we gave up and had full approval with Halifax in 10days.

Hope you get it sorted.

Well, Nationwide have won. In their apparent efforts to wear us down and grab their £3000k early repayment penalty, we now have no choice but to tell them take a long walk off a short pier.

Now SA302s are not enough and they want 2 years certified accounts for both of us. Which would probably cost us most of the ERP, take weeks and make the current sale fall through.

My broker has never seen anything like it and called it shocking. It even got to the point where was asking them on the phone "do you even understand what it means to be self employed? Do you not understand the words 'self assessment'?"

He's now off to make a complaint and get them pulled from their approved panel.

You only have to look at the reviews on Trust Pilot to see that Nationwide are not fit for purpose in 2015.
  • Mrspaintpot
    Mrspaintpot Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    hello guys this is my fist post on here. I suffer from an anxiety disorder so these next 2 weeks are probably the most gut wrenching nerve wracking weeks of my whole life while we wait from halifax about our mortgage decision. We want to buy our second home, we are currently selling our home to be closer with family, husband had brought the house be4 we met. As i have been self employed for the past 2 years and do not have a great credit history we have decided to keep it in my husbands name, which is fine by me. We have received an offer on our current home, after an original offer was made by a team of property developers and once the survay was done they just kept trying to get us down in price it also turned out some alterations we had done (patio doors and internal walls) our builder had not told us about the need for building control, we managed to get an indemnity policy for the work but the developers didnt want that, it was just issue after issue with some very rude men, so in the end we decided we didnt need the stress and parted ways with the buyer (there were 87 emails exhanged in about 3 weeks just so you know the extent) anyway, 3 weeks after we got a better offer with a nice family guy so hopefully thats all going thrugh nicely. For this house we were offerd a MIP from HSBC but when we applied we got rejected (they wanted an 30k deposit) and not a 22k which is what we were offering. so now we have gone thrugh our estate agent and applied with Halifax, but im so scared that this wont go thrugh, The EA said it should, As we are asking for 89k, for an 18k deposit (the new house needs serious work to the bathroom and as i do massage it does need to be done sooner rather than later)
    Dont think iv missed anything but wanted to have something to take my mind of it and not just sit here and speculate x hope this makes sense x
  • aconitefire
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been looking through these forums for what feels like weeks now and they've been a great source of advice. Currently waiting on a decision on our Halifax mortgage- things seemed to move really quick to begin with then stall for 3 weeks as they wanted an employee pay reference for me. Here's our chain of events....

March (sometime) get an AIP with Natwest- go in for a chat and can't proceed with them as I'm not in a permanent contract
    04/04- go for a 2nd viewing on a house and make offer. Offer of £118,000 accepted
    07/04- submit AIP with Halifax (advised to use based on circumstances)
    09/04- received AIP from Halifax
    15/04- full mortgage application with Halifax (told we have an A2 rating) only need to provide 3 payslips. Valuation/survey arranged and paid for. Solicitors appointed (but on hold for now)
    20/04- Valuation/survey takes place
    21/04- husband is okayed. Employee reference needed for me. Has to be posted as company don't use fax and email won't be accepted. 3 weeks of lost/ delayed post and reference shunted from department to department. Deposit gift letter from parents requested 08/05
    12/05MA confirms all docs received.

So we've sent everything back, had our valuation done, just waiting now. Does anyone have a rough idea how long it may be until we hear? Had a call from the E.A yesterday and sense the vendors are beginning to get a little hesistant. Has anyone else had the same problem that Halifax won't accept scanned/emailed documents. Arrrgghhh! Good luck to all in the same position right now! :D
  • Car1980
    Car1980 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    I can empathise - We had a horrible time with Nationwide. After 3 months of them continually losing documents, scanning and rescanning items (including in branch so they would be acceptable and not get lost) we gave up and had full approval with Halifax in 10days.

Hope you get it sorted.
    Car1980 wrote: »
    Well, Nationwide have won. In their apparent efforts to wear us down and grab their £3000k early repayment penalty, we now have no choice but to tell them take a long walk off a short pier.

Now SA302s are not enough and they want 2 years certified accounts for both of us. Which would probably cost us most of the ERP, take weeks and make the current sale fall through.

My broker has never seen anything like it and called it shocking. It even got to the point where was asking them on the phone "do you even understand what it means to be self employed? Do you not understand the words 'self assessment'?"

He's now off to make a complaint and get them pulled from their approved panel.

You only have to look at the reviews on Trust Pilot to see that Nationwide are not fit for purpose in 2015.

It gets better! They have kindly suggested I create my own accounts! Of course, they can't tell me what format they should be in and for some reason they think my non-certified accounts would be equally valid as an accountant's certified accounts and can't foresee what me and my broker can - that they'd be thrown straight in the bin.

Plus! Their computer says I'm not a customer (have had a mortgage for 6 years with them), and they've lost the marriage certificate for good measure.

Absolute shower of sh*t.
  • TheRoders
    TheRoders Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Oh My Goodness!! WE GOT THE MORTGAGE accepted :) Now for the valuation but I reckon the hardest part is done now! What a weight off my shoulders... I can now start to relax and looking forward to relocating :)

So happy!!
  • ellie27
    ellie27 Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    Options
    17/4 Accepted an offer on the sale of our house
    17/4 Agreement in principle received through broker for Halifax
    20/4 Had our offer accepted on a house
    22/4 Scanned in bank statements/ID/accounts/proof of funds etc and emailed to broker
    23/4 Decided to go with Coventry BS. Agreement in principle received and full mortgage application begun.
    24/4 Surveyor out to our home today to refresh the home report for the house we are selling
    30/4 Valuation of our purchase property carried out today
    5/5 Bank still waiting for the return of a form they sent to my husbands accountant, some form to confirm that his accounts were indeed prepared by them. This form never arrived at the accountants so we told bank to send another.
    7/5 Our solicitor has not received any paperwork at all regarding the house we are buying!! Not even a written acceptance of the offer we made over 2 weeks ago!
    8/5 Broker confirms valuation is fine and once bank receives that form from the accountants then we will have the offer in the post!
    11/5 Phoned sellers estate agents to tell the our solicitor has received no written acceptance or anything at all from their solicitor. She calls them and says they packaged up some papers and sent them out at the end of last week.
    13/5 MORTGAGE HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!

Cant believe we have our mortgage approved for a house that our solicitor has not even received a written acceptance for!!!
    AAARRRGGHHH!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure