Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Sparkle15
    Sparkle15 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Glad to say that i am now able to update my time line with some good news.

21.03.15 - MIP agreed with Natwest (via broker)
    01.04.15 – Offer accepted on home
    02.04.15 – Organised our solicitor
    04.04.15 – Full application sent to Natwest
    07.04.15 – Memorandum of sale rec from EA.
    21.04.15 - Extra information submitted (proof of deposit)
    27.04.15- Call from EA saying that valuation will be taking place this week either Thu-Fri

Now just waiting to hear how the valuation goes, but i feel so much better getting the underwriting part out of the way :)
  • Jason_Bourne_2
    Options
    DIP with Halifax via broker, pretty nervous about everything due to past credit history.
    Broker assures me that as all my credit blips were declared at DIP stage and all my income/outgoings are accurate then this will go through...

Updated timeline for me
    19/3/15 DIP with Halifax
    26/3/15 My house goes on market
    13/4/15 Offer accepted on my property
    15/4/15 Offer made to purchase
    16/4/15 Offer accepted for purchase of house
    21/4/15 Sent proof of income, statements etc away to broker for full application to begin.

28/4/15 Full application submitted
    28/4/15 Mortgage fee taken from account by Halifax
    28/4/15 Looked through files already and Requested last 3 SA302's (only gave them 1) + wages slips etc)

Surprised to get a call so quick for further information, only trouble is I'm waiting on my SA302 for 2014-2015 which can take weeks...
    Save 12k in 2014 member 056
    £0.00/£7000
  • Tarragondragon
    Options
    Good news, just had a call from my MA. Everything is good to go, mortgage approved!

However Natwest couldn't process my payment for the valuation as my card number has changed... quick phone call to them and it all sorted.

Fingers crossed for the valuation. :)
  • Car1980
    Car1980 Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nationwide DIP - SA302s have been rejected because the formatting for year 1 is slightly different from the formatting of year 2.

They are official documents supplied in the post by HMRC and arrived together and have the exact same information. But one has some figures in boxes not others and vice versa with the other.

Had fun explaining that to HMRC after the usual 40minute phone wait.
  • LittleMissKitty
    Options
    Hi all, can I join? I'm feeling slightly sick!

Shall I do a timeline?

30/03 - put our house on the market
    13/04 - offer accepted on our house
    20/04 - put in offer on house we want
    27/04 - offer accepted :)
    28/04 - applied to port our mortgage

I'm sure everyone is a bit nervous but I'm terrified! DH has only been in his new job for 8 weeks, our current accounts have been a mess since January as we've had two cars blown up (one literally!) and we've been doing the house up to sell. We're actually porting our mortgage in a bid to keep our rate but we've been told we're looking at 12 weeks for a decision. Am I being impatient or does that seem a bit much to anyone else?!

Fingers crossed for us all!
    [STRIKE]DFD 22/7/14[/STRIKE]:o:cry:
    OD £1200 ~ CC1 £1875 ~ CC2 £1275 ~ Tesco £4757 ~ Creation £235 ~ FIL £25750
    DEBT @ 28/03/2018 = £35092
  • hohum
    hohum Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have an offer! It's been such fun as self employed/ low income type people.

Timeline

14/1 offer

02/02 full application made to halifax (had to wait for SA302)

09/02 they take money for valuation

20/02 application referred

25/02 application rejected

at some point in march they finally give me my money re valuation back. There's a hiatus here as I try and work out what to do, as the issue is around my employment status (apparently, PAYE income when you're a director is not PAYE income).

26/3 new application to accord
    7/4 valuation carried out
    13/4 we receive a letter dated 2nd April from surveyors to send back!
    20/4 homebuyer report received, value at offer price. Some 3s but am not too concerned, nothing unexpected
    22/4 request additional bank statements for boyfriend's account
    29/4 offer made

yaaaaaaaay

and now we wait again...

Like I said before, good thing we have relatively relaxed estate agent and vendor. I only really started fretting last week. And when we got rejected first time I swore a lot. It's really a daft game, very happy to move to the next bit of it!
  • FISH
    FISH Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

Looking for some advice...

We are trying to buy a new build with Help to Buy. We submitted all our documentation (Pay Slips, Spending info, credit info, bank statements etc) to the mortgage advisor this morning and he sent us an AIP from Santander this afternoon. The actual application will only happen in June - 6 months before the property is due to be completed. How reliable is an AIP if circumstances remain similar?
  • FunkyMissMonkey
    Options
    The wife and I are FTB's (in our thirties!). After far too many years renting we are finally in a position to buy our first house and are now in the nail-biting wait or a mortgage offer.

01/03/2015 - Actively house hunting
    16/03/2015 - Conversation with broker and broker DIP
    27/03/2015 - Second viewing
    27/03/2015 - Offer put in to EA/vendor
    21/04/2015 - Offer finally accepted!
    21/04/2015 - Mortgage process started with broker - paperwork gathering
    23/04/2015 - Mortgage application submitted to Woolwich
    24/04/2015 - Application accepted
    28/04/2015 - Lender valuation completed
    29/04/2015 - Lender documentation request - bank statements, payslips, proof of deposit
    30/04/2015 - Valuation report received - valued at offer price so all good there.

Seems strange to me that the valuation was done before asking for our additional paperwork (or taking payment!) but we're both very hopeful that we will get to offer in the not-too-distant future.
  • Dragonqueen
    Dragonqueen Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all - mind if I join?

March 4th......House sold, offer accepted on other house, AIP sorted with Coventry - hubbys current mortgage provider - then our buyers dropped out and didn't tell anybody....so a week or so later we found out, had a couple of viewings, got a buyer April 11th, applied for full mortgage........heard nothing for a week after application arrived (signed for, obviously!), husband called for an update....nothing had been keyed onto the system!!!!!! Credit checks had been done on April 27th...

Panic mode!

Husband called back today.....lady spoke to underwriters to see what was happening....credit checks and finances all ok - just waiting on Valuation, which due to them being very busy may take up to 2 weeks to get done. Shouldn't be an issue, as we are borrowing 30k less than we are buying for and local prices are going up.

Just a waiting game.............I hate waiting!!!!!

Fingers crossed for everybody!!
  • lazysundays
    lazysundays Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    We finally got our offer! :beer: Still waiting on the paper copy but our broker passed us an electronic copy on Thursday :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback