Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• millsy22
    Options
    Hi congratulationscongratulations on getting your offer. Hope people don't mind if I put my stress on here our time line
    6/01. House on market
    02/03. Offer & we except FTB
    04/03. Buyers private survey
    10/04 Halifax surveysurvey for buyers
    01/05 buyers waiting for Mort offer

We have no chain as we aren't buying anything. Was wondering how long for the ftb to get their offer
  • ellie27
    ellie27 Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 May 2015 at 9:32AM
    Options
    Hello. We are in Scotland, I know the process can be different.....

17/4 Accepted an offer on the sale of our house
    17/4 Agreement in principle received through broker for Halifax
    20/4 Had our offer accepted on a house
    22/4 Scanned in bank statements/ID/accounts/proof of funds etc and emailed to broker
    23/4 Decided to go with Coventry BS so told broker to go full steam ahead today. Agreement in principle received and full application begun.
    24/4 Home report for the house we are selling is being refreshed today, surveyor coming out this morning to do that.
    27/4 Letter from Coventry saying they have received the mortgage application and paperwork and a valuation of the property will be arranged

Broker said expect it to take 4/5 weeks, I will update as we go.

The letter from Coventry BS said a valuation of our purchasing property will be arranged. Will we know when that will be carried out? Or will it simply be that we will only find out if there is a problem with it eg it is valued at less than we are paying?
  • justme1985
    justme1985 Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    justme1985 wrote: »
    Our timeline so far is:

07/03 Viewed property
    09/03 Had offer accepted
    11/03 Appointed solicitor
    12/03 DIP with bank (direct)
    28/03 1st appointment to put in full application.....though was cancelled for some unknown reason and next appointment over two week wait :mad: (this was after being messed around a bit and confirming our appointment two days before!)
    30/03 Start full process over the phone as not waiting another two weeks for an appointment. It felt like an interrogation at times but lady on phone was very nice. Took just under 1.5 hours.
    31/03 Got email from estate agent to confirm onward chain is now complete :eek:

Got my second call tomorrow with recommendations etc and then I guess the full application will be submitted. I'm not very good at waiting so will be glad once its all done!

Thought I'd add an update:

02/04 Second phone call with bank to get recommendation (which was what I wanted from my research so happy with that). Then start to receive paper work etc.
    09/04 Sign up to be able to view the application online
    11/04 Take in ID to a branch to update our photo ID on the system
    16/04 Take in 3 months payslips into branch as requested
    20/04 Get a phone call saying my OH needs to verify himself so they can look at his details. He tries to do this but has forgotten his phone banking details so has to go into branch to get them reset :mad:
    24/04 OH manages to get phone banking unlocked and verifies himself. Then get asked to confirm solicitor details and what survey we want.
    25/04 Pay for survey
    28/04 OH gets a letter asking for 3 months payslips and a letter confirming he is permanent. (He gets paid on the 29th.....but we're still waiting for the latest payslip! They apparently went to the wrong department :mad::mad:)
    29/04 Get confirmation from EA saying survey has been booked for the 06/05

After he had confirmed he was who I said he was it felt like a lot happened very quickly, it feels like it has slowed right down again now!
  • Jason_Bourne_2
    Jason_Bourne_2 Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Pretty nervous about everything due to past credit history.
    Broker assures me that as all my credit blips were declared at DIP stage and all my income/outgoings are accurate then this will go through...

19/3/15 DIP with Halifax
    26/3/15 My house goes on market
    13/4/15 Offer accepted on my property
    15/4/15 Offer made to purchase
    16/4/15 Offer accepted for purchase of house
    21/4/15 Sent proof of income, statements etc away to broker for full application to begin.

28/4/15 Full application submitted
    28/4/15 Mortgage fee taken from account by Halifax
    28/4/15 Looked through files already and Requested last 3 SA302's (only gave them 1) + wages slips etc)
    Updated timeline for me
    30/5/15 Halifax agree to use home report but charge for it to be typed up again
    1/5/15 SA302 processed and faxed to Broker, paper copy posted also

Halifax should now have everything they need.
    Proof of income, identity, source of deposit, valuation, bank statements, mortgage statements, credit card statements.
    Hopefully no delays now and I can get a positive decision quickly.

The wait is killing me already !
    Save 12k in 2014 member 056
    £0.00/£7000
  • Tarragondragon
    Options
    Middle of Feb: Initial meeting with MA to discuss money, do KFIs, etc. Suggests we go with Santander
    End of Feb: put in 3 offers on a house, all refused - back to the drawing board
    14/03: Viewed a house, with potential. Owners father was there so we couldn't get a proper look around!
    21/03: Second viewing, much better... Decide to put an offer in.
    24/03: first offer refused - it was 10.5k, under but you have to try!
    26/03: second offer put in - refused within 10 minutes!
    27/03: final offer placed and refused. £1k under what she wanted, £6k under asking. EA is frustrated and takes the vendor 'window shopping' to get her on board
    30/03: offer accepted! We visit our MA who has all our paperwork ready to submit our mortgage application with Natwest (was a better fit for us, I bank with them and have multiple incomes)
    02/04: MOPS received
    07/04: Contacted MA re: any news
    15/04: Contacted Natwest, they require further info. Send updated Bank Statements to MA and request HRMC fax SA302 (since the first lot got lost in the post 8 weeks ago!)
    16/04: MA lets me know she's passing further information onto Natwest today.
    20/04: MA confirms Natwest have our stuff and will contact them on Thursday to see whats happening
    23/04: MA calls, Natwest are happy with all our info (yay minor victory). However, they require my partner's previous address (he moved in with my just under 3 years ago) in written format from her)
    25/04: Received Fixtures & Fittings list and Land Registry info from Solicitors, he also informs us that he has the vendors contract in hand.
    28/04: Mortgage Approved subject to Valuation. Valuation fee paid.
    06/05: Valuation booked in
    07/05: Structural Survey booked in

Hopefully we should be able to exchange next week, all things being well. Fingers crossed for the next 2 days!
  • cmf87
    cmf87 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys,

Currently waiting for a mortgage decision with Halifax- I was just wondering if anybody knows at what point underwriting is carried out?

Got AIP
    Done full application (over the phone)
    Credit check carried out given the go ahead...
    Paid for valuation
    Valuation took place- survey came back all good
    and now there has been a hold up (nearly 2 weeks)

Apparently they are waiting for my work to confirm my employment, work haven't received anything so I have asked Halifax to re-send the form to my work place *cries*

Does anybody know if underwriting may have already been done at this point?
    Or is it that once work have confirmed my employment all the documents will be sent to check/underwritten?

Someone has said usually if the application has gone through without a hitch, valuation took place etc its usually a good sign.
    I was only asked for 3 payslips to send as proof.

I am worried because although according to Equifax I have 'excellent' credit rating I have 5 missed payments (3 in 2012 and 2 in 2013) *cries again* and I am worried this could cause some kind of issue further down the line which could hold up things further...

So stressful!
  • cat1984
    cat1984 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    After 4 1/2 agonising weeks we have finally had our mortgage application has finally been agreed!!!!!!

:beer::j:T:rotfl:

A complete weight has been lifted off of my shoulders!!!!

*starts to google furniture, paint, kitchens*
  • Profoundry
    Profoundry Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

I dont know if this thread contains any mortgage advisors, IFA's or survey experts. If so this is a question for you.

Essentially we are trying to buy a 2 bedroom new build house with Halifax. The house hasn't been built yet but Halifax commissioned a valuation survey as part of the mortgage process.

The survey came back with a £19k difference between their value and the asking price. So we went and removed the kitchen island and wooden flooring from the developer spec.

Halifax then came back and said they would only need to do a "retype" not a full survey. So we have been waiting and waiting for the results of the retype. Then we get a call saying that a full re-valuation survey is required. The initial survey report did not mention any internal / cosmetic elements just the number of rooms/bedrooms/toilets etc.

What I would like to know is did the Esurv surveyor take the kitchen island and wooden floors into account when pricing the property? And if they didnt why do we need to pay for another survey when no structural elements (room #s etc) have been changed?
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No way for anyone outside of your particular case to answer, sorry.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Jason_Bourne_2
    Jason_Bourne_2 Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Pretty nervous about everything due to past credit history.
    Broker assures me that as all my credit blips were declared at DIP stage and all my income/outgoings are accurate then this will go through...

19/3/15 DIP with Halifax
    26/3/15 My house goes on market
    13/4/15 Offer accepted on my property
    15/4/15 Offer made to purchase
    16/4/15 Offer accepted for purchase of house
    21/4/15 Sent proof of income, statements etc away to broker for full application to begin.

28/4/15 Full application submitted
    28/4/15 Mortgage fee taken from account by Halifax
    28/4/15 Looked through files already and Requested last 3 SA302's (only gave them 1) + wages slips etc)
    Updated timeline for me
    30/5/15 Halifax agree to use home report but charge for it to be typed up again
    1/5/15 SA302 processed and faxed to Broker, paper copy posted also

Halifax should now have everything they need.
    Proof of income, identity, source of deposit, valuation, bank statements, mortgage statements, credit card statements.
    Hopefully no delays now and I can get a positive decision quickly.

The wait is killing me already !

Have been informed the mortgage offer is in the post :)

:T :beer:
    Save 12k in 2014 member 056
    £0.00/£7000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family