Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• loubylou18
    loubylou18 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    5 weeks saturday we filled the mortgage application forms in with the broker and we are still waiting. worst wait ever :-(
  • Washingmachine_2
    Options
    Hi, I hope this gives some people hope, we got ourortgage.
    our timeline
    10/4 AIP
    13/4 put house on the market
    15/4 sstc
    17/4 put offer on house & accepted straight away instructed solicitors.
    22/4 full mortgage application & instructed new solicitors as original not on lenders panel.
    28/4 all docs to lender & solicitor
    30/4 lender confirms docs received
    12/5 Lender advises underwriters are passing to offer.
    13/5 message to say app accepted & offer in post

We are absolutely over the moon.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    I've got a question for those of you who's mortgage applications have been accepted - how do you find out? Does the mortgage company inform your broker, who informs you, or do they contact you directly? Does the news come by letter, or by phone, or by email?
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Direct, probably when the offer drops on your doormat.

Broker, probably a phone call/email to say it's been issued then it drops on your doormat a few days later.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • ellie27
    ellie27 Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got a question for those of you who's mortgage applications have been accepted - how do you find out? Does the mortgage company inform your broker, who informs you, or do they contact you directly? Does news come by letter, or by phone, or by email?

We used a broker, full application went in and we got a call 2 wks 5 days later to tell us that was it approved. We have to expect papers to come through post within next 3 days and solicitors will be sent same papers a couple days later. Good luck!
  • tomble22
    tomble22 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    tomble22 wrote: »
    Hi all,

New here but keep reviewing the thread to try and calm my nerves....not really helping!!

Our timeline so far:

3 April 2015 – Reserved new build plot

7 April 2015 – Submitted Help to Buy PIF form

10 April 2015 – Received e-mail from Help to Buy requesting further information

16 April 2015 – Forwarded Developer Reservation Form to allow Help to Buy to process

21 April 2015 – Forwarded all necessary documentation to MA for mortgage application

22 April 2015 – Received Help to Buy Authority to Proceed

22 April 2015 – Returned Natwest signature sample to MA

23 April 2015 – MA received e-mail from Natwest requiring proof of address (I had an old account with them at a different address)

25 April 2015 – Received form from Natwest for proof of address and sent back

27 April 2015 – Text from Natwest to say my address details have now been updated

30 April 2015 – Confirmation received from MA that Natwest are in receipt of all necessary information

No news from Natwest as yet. My main reason of worry is a late payment that was put on my credit file in the last month by Npower....we moved out of our old rental accommodation in February, received our final bill at the end of February with a note reading "Payment will be taken by direct debit on or after 1 April 2015" and payment was taken, by direct debit, on the 8th April....have lodged a complaint with Npower and provided all bank statements, npower bill etc to the MA/Natwest to hopefully show how stupid they are but you never know!!
    Otherwise, credit history is clean (my wife has a voluntary termination of a HP car on hers but I don't envisage too many problems - It wasn't due to not being able to afford the car, it was due to the car dropping 2/3 of it's value in 2 years!!) and affordability wise we are way over our borrowing amount so I'm just hoping it will be plain sailing!!
    Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone else in the same boat!!
    Cheers,
    Tom

Checked our bank last night and noticed that the current balance and available balance was quite a way out. Checked the figures and the difference was £248....I was slightly excited.

Rang our MA this morning and our mortgage has been approved subject to valuation....very happy days...good luck to everyone else who is still waiting. To be fair, our application went in on the 30th April and the first thing I've heard since is that it's been approved today so that's good for all those waiting patiently!!
  • Mrspaintpot
    Mrspaintpot Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Yes fairy lights our EA said that they would email and write to us but who knows. They said to us it should be about 2 weeks but I am worried we won't get it, why do they not prepare you for the agony at school lol x
  • kep79
    kep79 Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, just joining you all.

Our timeline is as follows:

22 Feb - pushed note through door expressing interest in buying house in area
    4 Mar - vendor replied, arranged viewing
    18 Mar - viewed house
    25 Mar - agreed price
    Sometime in April - vendor found house and agreed price
    Beginning of May - searches started by solicitor
    11 May - passed credit checks for mortgage, mortgage approved subject to underwriting checks and valuation
    12 May - application fully packaged by broker

MA expecting to hear on Monday that all went well with underwriting, and for valuation to be instructed. Am keeping eyes on bank account to see when fee comes out.

Need to exchange asap as secondary school place woes :(, so need exchange of contracts in order to appeal... so mega stressed! Last sale took three months (no chain) and last purchase took six months (lost unregistered deeds :eek:) so keeping everything crossed that this is a smooth purchase!
    2014 - the year we became debt-free :T
    Best comp wins : £500 Star Wars Lego, £150 sk:n goodies
    2015 - please be the year our baby wish comes true (a new house as well would be lovely :) )
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Yes fairy lights our EA said that they would email and write to us but who knows. They said to us it should be about 2 weeks but I am worried we won't get it, why do they not prepare you for the agony at school lol x
    We put our application in last Tuesday and our mortgage advisor said we "should hear something in a few weeks" and Coventry building society wrote to us to confirm our application, and say "an offer should be forthcoming" depending on being approved...no one has told us how we will get the news though! I think I'm just looking for something to worry about to distract me from worrying about the application itself.
    It's agonising isn't it?
  • cleol56
    cleol56 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

I was a poster on this thread when I was waiting for my mortgage approval but I am now on the very much more painful 'Waiting to Exchange - anyone want to join me?' thread.

I read further back in this thread someone (sorry I can't find it now) saying that the hard bit is over.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but thought I would offer some advice.

That feeling you get when you get offered your mortgage is AMAZING! But then the true hard part starts. We have had endless issues with Solicitors which means we have been going through this process since the beginning of Feb.

My main reason for posting is to give you some advice when picking the Solicitor you wish to work with for your house purchase.

Please please remember you get what you pay for. There are companies out there that are so called Conveyancers but are effectively call centres. We have one at the end of our chain and they have held our purchase up by weeks not knowing what paperwork they needed and when.

So please do your research when trying to find a solicitor. Have a look at reviews and if you can get recommendations even better.

Also try and stay local and AVIOD like the plague these cheap, call centre conveyancers. The price may look attractive but is really isn't worth it when it delays exchange and completion dates due to incompetence.

Good luck all and chose wisely. If you can get a good Solicitor then the rest of your journey will go much smoother than ours.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback