PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Yum! Did my dinner invite get lost in the post? :rotfl::D

Thanks, there are leftovers.
    I got the idea from a meal kit I bought at half price from ocado. I probably moaned about the cost of it on here, however I used the concept and developed my own version. The potatoes are especially popular in our house. We always ate curry and rice, this makes a nice change.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    JIL wrote: »
    Thanks, there are leftovers.
    I got the idea from a meal kit I bought at half price from ocado. I probably moaned about the cost of it on here, however I used the concept and developed my own version. The potatoes are especially popular in our house. We always ate curry and rice, this makes a nice change.

Actually I do remember you 'mentioning' the meal kit :rotfl: still, if it gave you ideas for your own version it was prob worth the rather rubbish version at half price as a base for your own :)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Jil It's sounds yummy x

I often look at the supermarket ready meals for inspiration on new flavours or twists on things, then make up my own version for a lot cheaper :D

We are out for a Father's Day lunch today, I have also defrosted some Angus beef burgers for supper, if anyone is hungry.

We had steak cooked the traditional way last night, as the weather was pants for BBQing - it was so tender, they were the big daddy ones from Aldi, not the huge tomahawk one :eek: just the huge normal ones :rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just put a chunky half leg of lamb in the slow cooker for supper tonight, which we will have with roast potatoes done in the Remoska (I am all about the gadgets today!) and plenty of veg. I am going to make a peach and almond brulee for pud.

The lamb was quite pricey so I am hoping to stretch it to maybe four meals for the two of us. I am planning a spicy Turkish lamb pilaff for Tuesday, and maybe a small shepherds pie, but I need some more inspiration - please does anyone have any ideas for leftover lamb dishes?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Defrosting old hm curry & onion bajhi & rice to make room for fresh cooking. Maybe old cabbage roll as well or for lunch tomorrow.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Beef joint cooked in a bottle of ale, yorkshire puddings, cabbage, roast potatoes and carrot and swede mash. For once I didn't make too much, 2 portions of beef went back into freezer.

I also made some soup, not really the weather for it but just fancied some.

I also put the bread maker on, ever since island maid posted the bread recipe I have remembered it. I use the pizza setting to make a dough. So a big thanks for that IM.

I made a pizza for daughter and tomorrows lunch as well as some baguettes. I found a really good way of making the tomato sauce, adapted from a recipe on the internet, it was a small tin of tomatoes, black pepper, herbs, garlic, a little olive oil and a tablespoon of tomato puree, blended with a stick blender. It was something I had not thought of doing and had previously used pasta sauces. It came out really well.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Cauliflower cheese for us to use up some of my frozen cauliflower and some soya milk which needs using - not to mention some of my huge rice stockpile :D

Plus some carrots which were YL but only bought this week :rotfl:
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Decided to use some of the slow cooked lamb leftovers in a lamb ragu mixed into some tagliatelle tonight.
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    We had a chinese takeaway last night (fathers day treat). Tonight only OH and myself for dinner, so we're having local lamb steak with local new spuds, veg and gravy with some hm mint sauce. I've just put a chilli in the SC, so we'll have that tomorrow night with jacket potatoes.
  • frugalmumof3
    Options
    Tonight's tea is homemade chicken and mushroom pie using the leftover roast chicken from yesterdays lunch, cheated on the pastry though it's a YS bargain :D Will probably serve with veg and gravy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback