PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th September 2019

Options

Comments

• Sending lots of love to you Jazee xxx

Full day of work done, very very hard day, social services involved with one student and it broke my heart. WM just finished and been hung out to dry, DS swimming lesson done, kids fed and watered, now to put my PJs on. Have lovely evenings all xx
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Joining in with thoughts and sympathy Jazee. Be gentle with yourself.

Ironing pile positively teetering...all this fine weather means I'm risking pegging out while I'm out all day.

Bin emptied and Union equipment used at Pride finally gone *ferlinggg*
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Sorry to hear your news Jayzee.

House was tidy,
    Hubby came home
    House now a tip
    Sigh.

Joiner has been, we now have shelves in the inglenook and he's sorted the beading around the laminate in the hallway.

I've done the washing and been to work.

Tomorrow - cleaner proof the house and spend the day with Pickle.

Night all.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Narc0lepsy
    Options
    Jazee so sorry to hear your news, more hugs.

Week going by, still coughing and blocked nose but very slow gradual fluttering in between slumping around moaning.
    Finished and emailed a report today and started another.
    Still harvesting tomatoes, plums, apples. Last few beans picked.
    Sorted leftover currency from last hol- 4 different types so need to get it back to the PO.
    Keeping up with washing.
    Mental list done for what to pack for next week, pending weather forecast for France on a motorbike with a small pannier.
    Place still looks a mess. Pass me some energy please.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Morning all,

TFI Friday. All I plan to do today is work, then come home and flop on the sofa.

Jazee - be kind to yourself.

Have lovely days all x
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Thanks again.

First job has been cleaning up after the dogs, not surprised as their routine has also been shot this week.

House is a tip. I need to do at least dailies and get the washing put away from earlier in the week. Family will be here again later but everything else including all council meetings are cancelled for me.

Hopefully doing some work from home today will be a distraction.

Hugs for those who need them.

Enjoy the lovely weather everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

Full day of paid stuff to be done here plus more insurance contractors booked to come out. Not sure how much flying I will manage in between all that. I will shower in a mo and swish the bathroom and will do the dailies before I start work. Anything else will be a bonus.

Going to be busy catching up this weekend but DH is on call so we can’t go far anyway.

Hugs to those in need x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Hoovered round
    Bins done
    Kitchen done

Not sure what else for now, I think I will go out on my bike once the sun moves round a bit more
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • beebuzz168
    Options
    So sorry Jazee, be kind to yourself over the next few days.

Valli - can I ask what "find a frog & start to nibble it" means?!

Bathroom shelf sorted yesterday, cleaned, tidied and new homes found for the various pots and potions. Made a good dent in to the dumping shelving area in the kitchen and finally boxed up the last two years of school books from the girls - just need DH to get them in to the loft now. It's DH birthday today, so cake made last night in record time and huge amounts of chocolate bought to decorate it before he gets home from work later.

Speaking of which, DH is wondering what has happened to his wife! If I didn't know better I'd say I was nesting... :rotfl:
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,675 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beebuzz168 wrote: »

Valli - can I ask what "find a frog & start to nibble it" means?!

Hi, it's from the idea of "Eat That Frog", this explains it better than I can.
    https://monday.com/blog/we-tried-it-eat-that-frog-time-management-technique/
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure