PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th September 2019

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Options
    Hope all is okay, Jazee.
    *Healing vibes* for Mr Ionafan.
    Welcome Slowdown. :wave: It's taken me years, but I'm beginning to get into the habit of doing a little bit of swishing and swiping every day, and there's no doubt it does make life easier. I consider it a victory on the days when I've done it, and just normal on the days I haven't! Today is a victory day, and I've noticed I'm more likely to put a squirt of cleaner down the loo and give it a swish with the loo brush than I am to get a cloth out and get my hands wet. Each to their own.

A window man has been to put safety film on all the lower panes the kittens bounce off after last week's broken pane. £££ decluttered, but safety first. It's only the windows at the front that are the problem, so I've taken all the curtains down, the first set are twirling in the WM, and I've washed all the frames, woodwork, panes that weren't filmed and cleaned various areas of the house that normally don't get much attention. Three hours and counting; I can't say I'm enjoying it, but it did need doing, they've been bothering me for months, this was the first summer I haven't washed the curtains etc and I won't have to think about it for quite a while. Good.
    Better is good enough.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the healing vibes, Honey Bear - I'll pass them on to DH.

This morning I have painted the window wall of the downstairs bedroom and the wall opposite, in which there are two doors, so it's all been a bit fiddly. It will need a second coat tomorrow, but I was expecting that. DH will help me by using the big roller on the two remaining big walls, while I do the top and bottom edges. I'm hoping we might finish it on Friday, otherwise it will be a Sunday afternoon job. I need to buy the paint for the feature wall: "Hare" - specially chosen for almost-bald DH :rotfl:

I have made a late lunch for us both and am now going to have a bit of a sit-down. I had hoped that the old gloss painted wardrobe might be acceptable to the hospice shop, but they can't take things that have been painted since they were purchased :( so I have shall to resort to Freecycle.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all

Just in from work, a very long day again! Flying today limited to dailies... which are done, have flung some food in the oven for supper and I will reset the kitchen after we’ve eaten. Going to try and go out for a walk after supper as well, far too much sitting down today with all the meetings and I need to move!

Have a nice evening all, hugs to those in need x
  • Evening all,

Just sitting down, soooo tired. Today I managed
    - full day of paid stuff
    - ferrying DD to/from Brownies
    - trip to local shop for top up shop
    - kitchen put to bed and DW going
    - laundry sorted for morning
    - various bags of "stuff" that were strewn across the hallway organised
    - store cupboard reorganised
    - VAT paid
    - two big bits of life admin dealt with and filed
    - list written for tomorrow

Phew! No wonder I'm tired!

Welcome Slowdown, I was a regular on your 'not buying it' thread years ago, loved that.

Sleep well all xx
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dance towers has a working washing machine and I did a mammoth laundry festival here today. DS2’s bed stripped, master bed changed. Ground floor dysoned. Bathroom cleaned
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Options
    :j Dancemum :j

I did WMx2 today. And this evening I have done admin jobs :D
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

Feeling better this morning, I was shattered last night! WM is swishing, going to try to get 2 loads done today. DH is home as insurance assessor and contractors are coming, no doubt part of my day at least will be taken up with dealing with them. Hopefully things can then move forward...

Kitchen tidied as it wasn’t done properly last night
    Breakfast eaten
    Going to shower and swish over the bathroom next, then start paid stuff

Have a good day all x
  • Morning all,

DW unloaded, beds made, vacuum put on charge, kids ready to go, long day today so have an easy dinner of stuffed pasta for later.

Have lovely days all xx
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Wm run and washing hanging outside. HHI cleared. Live the idea of a “laundry festival”, dancemum :D
    Off to work with an early meeting. Might have time to run the vacuum round the LR first if I get a wiggle on.
    Have a lovely day everyone.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Just dashing in to say hi to newbies :hello:, send healing vibes to Mr ionafan, give hugs to Jazee and :heartsmil to everyone :D

Setting off for work in a minute - made the bed, will feed the birds, bins are out - can bring one back in as the binmen emptied it at 7am, will drop rinsed milk carton in the other bin when I go out to the car, usual week here work / eat / sleep / repeat.

Hugs
    Rxx

PS Fayolle - using a timer a la Round :D made me smile :)
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business