Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    thelight wrote: »
    Thanks! That makes it nice and clear. None of my statements from Iresa request a payment to clear the debit.

The situation shouldn't normally apply with Iresa.
    Because under the Iresa terms you agreed to abide by, you would not allow your account to go into arrears.

Where your account has gone into arrears, Iresa collect a one off payment (prior to the current Ofgem intervention) that would collect any amount of arrears ... as many other posters have confirmed occurs in this very thread.

So I'm not quite sure how your account is now in arrears?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WhoIsThat wrote: »

At this time of year, the "fat" built up over last Summer has been used up and with this particularly cold Winter (and maybe a change in tariff from Flex 4 to Flex 5??)it is possible to have drifted into small arrears which IRESA would previously have recovered via a one off DD and an increased regular DD ...neither of which they appear to be able to do currently! Presumably they will be expecting @thelight to settle by debit card ??
  • Vendee
    Vendee Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vendee wrote: »
    Well, surprise surprise, Iresa have generated my final bill within 10 days as promised. My account is £28 in credit, which tallies with my own calculations. It would have been a lot more if I didn't cancel my DD a few months ago. Am I hoping for too much that they will refund the balance in the next few days?

Well Iresa didn't refund the balance so I had to phone up today. Customer service seems to have improved... only 10th in the queue and the CA (Zoe) was very polite and processed the credit balance refund there and then. The money was back in my account in a couple of hours.

With the exception of that last phone call, my time with Iresa has been a very unpleasant experience and I am very glad to see the back of them. Good luck to other customers in getting a successful outcome.
  • thelight
    thelight Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    The situation shouldn't normally apply with Iresa.
    Because under the Iresa terms you agreed to abide by, you would not allow your account to go into arrears.

Where your account has gone into arrears, Iresa collect a one off payment (prior to the current Ofgem intervention) that would collect any amount of arrears ... as many other posters have confirmed occurs in this very thread.

No idea. They previously set, and increased, the direct debit level, and took a one-off payment around Christmas via Direct Debit.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    FYI, switched away from Iresa 15/2 with a large credit owing. Chased them for the first time 2 days ago by raising a ticket with "complaint" in the subject. Money paid back to my account today.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • zolablue25
    zolablue25 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Options
    Received a letter on 13th April saying I would get my final bill within 10 days - still waiting. Wouldn't mind but they've still got £233 of mine in account credit.
    Obviously, they haven't bothered to respond to any emails.
  • Vendee
    Vendee Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zolablue25 wrote: »
    Received a letter on 13th April saying I would get my final bill within 10 days - still waiting. Wouldn't mind but they've still got £233 of mine in account credit.
    Obviously, they haven't bothered to respond to any emails.

Call them on their freephone number:- 08004337812

They don't respond to emails or support tickets.
  • zolablue25
    zolablue25 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Options
    Vendee wrote: »
    Call them on their freephone number:- 08004337812

They don't respond to emails or support tickets.
    Problem when you work monday-friday 8-4 is that you don't get much chance to phone.

I've asked my wife to try and phone them. Unfortunately its a busy week this week
  • mysterons
    mysterons Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Since the telling off they seem much better at answering the 0800 number. I called in April as my meter had rolled over to zero from 99999 to give readings and at 9am I was number 17 in queue and got to speak to an adviser inside 20 mins.
  • quiet_advisor
    quiet_advisor Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    I left Iresa in February and have finally managed to get final bills and money owed - but only after raising with the Energy Ombudsman after Iresa has just ignored continuing requests from me.

The EO also instructed Iresa to give me £30 compensation. Of course Iresa has not paid that so I'll be back in the loop of Iresa/EO again soon, just as I thought that I had finally escaped and moved on.

The new supplier, Tonik, is like a breath of fresh air after Iresa. The occasional query raised by me has always receieved a response within 24 hours, and almost immediately on some occasions. Good prices too, although not necessarily the cheapest for all.

My experience with Iresa has made me realise that price is very important to me but it must come with a level of service that I find acceptable, so a compromise may need to be made..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure