Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• fiendishlyclever
    Options
    Vendee wrote: »
    I got an email from Iresa yesterday confirming that they had received the final meter reading from my new supplier. It said:-

"This is to inform you that we have now received your final meter reading for ELECTRICITY supply. This reading will also be your opening read with your new supplier.

We will use this final reading to generate your final charge on your account. If there is any CREDIT left after this charge, this will be refunded to you. If there is an outstanding payment to make, we will also notify you by email. We hope to generate your final bill within 10days of this notification."

My account is £27 in credit (having stopped my DD payment two months ago) so it will be interesting if they do make the refund within 10 days :question:

Don't hold your breath. I left nearly two months ago and despite open tickets (and the actual closing meter readings showing on my online account) they have done nothing. Fortunately, it isn't a huge credit they owe me, but it is my money, not theirs!

I've given them a deadline before I escalate to Ofgem - their main webpage says should notice a difference in customer service. I haven't - it's still as dreadful as ever...
  • r.jenkins36
    r.jenkins36 Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been with Iresa for a year. I have had no problems and the deal seemed right. Their prices have gone up this year so I did my regular comparison on MSE Cheap Energy Club. Now I am confused.

I definitely put in the right details (tariff; useage etc....IRESA Flex 12month Fixed Direct Debit Dual fuel; 10546.05 kWh Gas pa, 4738.28 kWh electricity pa), but the unit prices and the standing charges are different as quoted by MSE and Iresa.

The upshot is that Iresa say my annual costs will be £946.11; Cheap Energy Club says £823, which is some 15% less.

....have moneysavingexpert.com miscalculated or have Iresa given you different figures?
    SlickRic
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have been with Iresa for a year. I have had no problems and the deal seemed right. Their prices have gone up this year so I did my regular comparison on MSE Cheap Energy Club. Now I am confused.

I definitely put in the right details (tariff; useage etc....IRESA Flex 12month Fixed Direct Debit Dual fuel; 10546.05 kWh Gas pa, 4738.28 kWh electricity pa), but the unit prices and the standing charges are different as quoted by MSE and Iresa.

The upshot is that Iresa say my annual costs will be £946.11; Cheap Energy Club says £823, which is some 15% less.

....have moneysavingexpert.com miscalculated or have Iresa given you different figures?

How did you get figures from IRESA - The quote tool on their website is disabled because of the OFGEM ban.:)
  • r.jenkins36
    r.jenkins36 Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On the Iresa website, when I have logged into my account, there is a Bills/Useage area. They have 13 months data on my useage and show figures "Est. Annual (KWH)" and "Est. Annual (GBP)" with a pointer saying "This is an aggregate from all your valid meter readings". I used the same total kWh in the Cheap Energy Club calculator.
    As I said in my post, the unit and standing charge figures quoted by Iresa for my tariff (these figures are quoted on my Tariff/Contract details) are different from the figures quoted by Cheap Energy Club, so I guess its not surprising the annual figures are different.

My question is, why are the Iresa tariff figures and the Energy Club Tariff figures different for the same Tariff....IRESA Flex5 12month Fixed Direct Debit (Dual Fuel )
    SlickRic
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @r.jenkins36
    Could the Iresa ones be without VAT?
    If you put up the values, someone maybe able to work it out?
    Else go to the Cheap Energy Club FAQ page and find the email address and ask them why?
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 May 2018 at 3:33PM
    Options
    On the Iresa website, when I have logged into my account, there is a Bills/Useage area. They have 13 months data on my useage and show figures "Est. Annual (KWH)" and "Est. Annual (GBP)" with a pointer saying "This is an aggregate from all your valid meter readings". I used the same total kWh in the Cheap Energy Club calculator.
    As I said in my post, the unit and standing charge figures quoted by Iresa for my tariff (these figures are quoted on my Tariff/Contract details) are different from the figures quoted by Cheap Energy Club, so I guess its not surprising the annual figures are different.

My question is, why are the Iresa tariff figures and the Energy Club Tariff figures different for the same Tariff....IRESA Flex5 12month Fixed Direct Debit (Dual Fuel )

Iresa Flex 5 prices are shown here:
    http://www.iresa.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/IresaEnergyTariffs.pdf

(note that these prices exclude VAT, so you will need to add 5% to them to get to the prices that should be shown on the CEC)

If you notice any error in the CEC tariff prices, then please notify the CEC accordingly :)
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/faqs/how-do-i-report-an-energy-club-issue/

However, Flex 5 tariffs were not launched until 01 November 2017, so if you joined Iresa 12 months ago, you are probably not on their Flex 5 tariff ;)

When exactly did you join Iresa?
    Because from about 10 Apr 2017 to about 14 Jul 2017, Iresa was not accepting any new customers.

Btw, welcome back after 5 years ... :hello:
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,896 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was doubting myself last month after my meter reads showed up twice. Made sure I only did it once this month and the read is duplicated again :o
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    I was doubting myself last month after my meter reads showed up twice. Made sure I only did it once this month and the read is duplicated again :o

Yup ...same here...I think that they are set up to enter an IRESA estimate for month end loosely based on the customer read - but ,for a change, someone at IRESA has seen sense and just re-enters the data if it's put in on the last day of the month:)
  • olip74
    olip74 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched away from Iresa on 13/02 and I still haven't had my account settled. I reckon they owe me more than £100 but I can't even get a response from them through their online ticket system.

I've now threatened them with the Energy Ombudsman but the process is glacial (8 week lead time for a start). This market is broken and that includes ofgem and the ombudsman. It seems the price you have to pay to save a few quid is weeks and months of wrangling with cowboy operators, and the big 6 aren't much better!
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    olip74 wrote: »
    I switched away from Iresa on 13/02 and I still haven't had my account settled. I reckon they owe me more than £100 but I can't even get a response from them through their online ticket system.

I've now threatened them with the Energy Ombudsman but the process is glacial (8 week lead time for a start). This market is broken and that includes ofgem and the ombudsman. It seems the price you have to pay to save a few quid is weeks and months of wrangling with cowboy operators, and the big 6 aren't much better!

Ring them on the freephone number. 08004337812

I did this had my account closed and settled with the balance paid to me in under 24 hours.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport