TSB planned outage

Options
Gers
Gers Posts: 12,064 Forumite
First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited 16 April 2018 at 5:35PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
With the hope of preventing complaints about no access for those who don't bother to read communications from banks.
We are planning an upgrade to our systems between 4pm on Friday 20th of April until 6pm on Sunday 22nd of April. We are sorry but during this time some requests, like making a payment or transferring money, will nott be possible online, over the phone or in branch. So please plan ahead and visit tsb.co.uk/upgrade for full details.

Services that will not be available:
Internet Bank
Automated Telephone Banking
Payments, and transfers between your accounts online, in the App, in branch or over the phone

But do not worry, you will still be able to:
use your debit and credit cards in stores and online
use TSB and non-TSB cash machines to withdraw money and check your balance
report any lost or stolen cards or fraudulent activity
see your balance on the Mobile App

Your existing Direct Debits and standing orders will not be affected. And any payments made to your accounts during this time will go through after 6pm on Sunday 22nd.

If you have any payments or transfers you need to make, it is best to plan ahead and do them in advance.

Comments

• ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Finally ditching the LBG computer system ?
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gers wrote: »
    With the hope of preventing complaints about no access for those who don't bother to read communications from banks.

...it might work, so long as people don't come to MSE between 10pm Wednesday and 6am Thursday to check online banking availability. ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For an outage that long I would agree that the back office systems would be moved onto the Sabbadell platform.
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For an outage that long I would agree that the back office systems would be moved onto the Sabbadell platform.

If thats the case, what odds can I get on it not being back online when they say? ;)

Seems like a major operation, and as somebody with no issues with the present system, I can only hope they dont break it.
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wonder if they'll ever be able to produce monthly statements rather than forcing people to enter selective dates...
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    And, since they have failed to mention it in either their email or on their upgrade page, for anybody that uses desktop banking
    From 22 April 2018 the web address you see when using Internet Banking will be changing. Currently the web address begins with ‘https://online.tsb.co.uk’ and will change to ‘https://internetbanking.tsb.co.uk’
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    djpailo wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll ever be able to produce monthly statements rather than forcing people to enter selective dates...

Which reminds me.... perhaps it would be a good time to download the historic statement data I'd not got round to downloading before. :(
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There have already been problems with the new setup trials (info from employee friend).
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,151 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    And, since they have failed to mention it in either their email or on their upgrade page, for anybody that uses desktop banking
    From 22 April 2018 the web address you see when using Internet Banking will be changing. Currently the web address begins with ‘https://online.tsb.co.uk’ and will change to ‘https://internetbanking.tsb.co.uk’
    It was in a separate email a couple of weeks ago.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    no idea if there are other threads regarding the planned maintenance but its still down can't believe that its taken over 2 days and even that wasn't enough to do whatever that was needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure