Can you claim Children's Tax Credit from 2002/3?

Options

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Tracey04 wrote: »
    I am no longer with my partner, so can I still claim as I cannot get him to sign and don't know if his tax code changed that year. tax year 2002/2003 wasa the year we split up. any advice grateful. Thanks

If your partner was the tax payer then he is the one who has to make the claim.
    Ellie2758 wrote: »
    Which year do you claim for 2001 or 2002? It says if you claim for both years to read the introductory notes but nothing is mentioned about it in the notes.

It is tax year 2002/03 that you are claiming for, the deadline has passed for 2001/02.
  • DonWat_2
    Options
    Hello another newbie...My son was born in Feb 2003, my partner was self employed so we completed tax return therefore no P60 to look at. However I do belief we claimed tax credits for this year....would our claim have been included in our TCredit allowance?
  • Piggles12345
    Options
    I called HMRC on behalf on my mother today and, as has been mentioned here and elsewhere, most people on this benefit will have been paid correctly for the years in question, as my mother was.

However, for the small cost and time of the phone call, it would be worth it if you found out that you were entitled!
    'I can't deny the British influence on my accent and mannerisms, but I don't know the British national anthem, I didn't weep for Princess Diana and I always cheer when Britain loses at sport. That's how British I am' Constantine-Simms. :T

On God: 'The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike' D. B. McKown :T
  • sandra21_2
    Options
    My son was born in 1990 and at the time until 1993 I was married, and my husband was working full time.

He is still working full time, but I am on Income Support. Am I eligible for the reclaim or not.
  • sandra21_2
    Options
    My son was born in 1990, at the time I was married and my husband was working full time.

We divorced in 1993. He is still working full time and I am on Income Support.

Am I able to claim, as I am receiving Child tax credits now until he finishes college in June
  • ksh123
    ksh123 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Poo, got excited there for a minute - b ut my daughter was born 1985 :mad: I knew I should have held on another 11 months:rotfl:

Flippin eck that money would have been VERY welcome...
    Stop looking for answers....
    The most you can hope for are clues.....:)
  • emnoangel
    Options
    Have printed off the form but the notes say NOT to complete the form if I am already claiming Children's Tax Credits, which I am but am sure I had nothing for the year in question. Should I be filling it in or not??
  • Former_MSE_Wendy
    Options
    If in doubt fill it in and see what they say :)
    *** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sandra21 wrote: »
    My son was born in 1990, at the time I was married and my husband was working full time.

We divorced in 1993. He is still working full time and I am on Income Support.

Am I able to claim, as I am receiving Child tax credits now until he finishes college in June

Childrens tax credit was paid via an increase in the main earners tax code at that time. It meant that person effectively paid less tax than someone earning the same but with no kids. It doesn't matter what your circumstances are now. If your husband was the main earner then he should have got it or should claim now.
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone else really confused by this.

I am eligable (son born during that time, was working etc) but I have no idea which form it is I need to download and fill in. I checked the website but am not sure I have got the right form.

Why is it only 1 year we can claim for? Anybody know?

I have no idea what my tax code was at the time but I did get tax credits.

Has anybody got a link to the actual form please?

thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport