Midlife Musings and Measurable Goals

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    I've dropped a few things now and again . Things just happen I guess:rotfl: I had my food in the tray on my way to the living room a few weeks ago .
    Unfortunately my glass of orange juice was in the tray also. The orange spilled into the scrambled egg on toast .

I wish I could eat vegan , or even normal veg . It's a huge pita for others when I can't eat any of the language food such as Indian , Italian etc . With your diet you won't have problems achieving your weight goals . A big plus imho .
    Yes , tidying clutter and getting rid of rubbish at this time of year is therapeutic .

Good luck with the bursary
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Exactly savingholmes - it makes it easier to part with and reduces my suspicion that people are just trying to sell it on - which I don't mind as better than landfill but still rings a wrong bell in my mind
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy new year and new diary DIA, all sounds good

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm trying a new recipe today. Completely vegan. Heard of jack fruit? Well I will be using it to make a Thai Red curry. Going to make a brown rice and adzuki bean side and I have sprouts galore as they were YS for pennies. So might roast them too. Crazily healthy. A good start and a kick in the face to cake ;)

I've got into jackfruit since going on the plant based diet. Jack Monroe has some good jack fruit recipes in her Vegan(ish) cookbook that don't break the bank!:)

Good luck with the decluttering!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    mark88man wrote: »
    my vegan kids love jackfruit-as burgers, on pizzas - so your meal sounds amazing

decluttering is good. There is a thread " https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6081729 " if you want to commit to a certain target, but it is very active so lots of notifications. I have found freecycle (aka freegle) to be quite good. strangely its been better for me in decluttering by responding to "wanted" posts rather than anything I have offered, but we shall see
    Thanks :) I am going to go to the tip once a fortnight while I still have the car and once a fortnight a large IKE3 bag will go to the charity shop. That should get me clear.
    I've dropped a few things now and again . Things just happen I guess:rotfl: I had my food in the tray on my way to the living room a few weeks ago .
    Unfortunately my glass of orange juice was in the tray also. The orange spilled into the scrambled egg on toast .

I wish I could eat vegan , or even normal veg . It's a huge pita for others when I can't eat any of the language food such as Indian , Italian etc . With your diet you won't have problems achieving your weight goals . A big plus imho .
    Yes , tidying clutter and getting rid of rubbish at this time of year is therapeutic .

Good luck with the bursary
    I did 75% of the bursary today. I need a bank statement to complete it but I will be able to send next week :)
    You would think losing weight would be easy as you are right AC I love fresh fruit and veggies and cooking from scratch. What makes me fat? Poor portion control, too many nuts, chocolate, crisps, cake, gluten free processed food (it is full of sugar and fillers) and wine :(
    I've got into jackfruit since going on the plant based diet. Jack Monroe has some good jack fruit recipes in her Vegan(ish) cookbook that don't break the bank!:)

Good luck with the decluttering!
    Thanks SSG58. My jackfruit dish was edible but not great. Although the rice and adzuki beans were lush. I will be trying Jackfruit burgers next ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It doesn’t go back to normal for me until next week, my last social Christmas/New Year is tomorrow. So I still feel like I am on holiday.

My new budget is £50 a week for everything such as food and travel, about £7 a day. It isn’t a full week so I will withdraw £35 today and just use cash for discretionary spends.

I’m returning a jumper at the PO.

I’ll be walking 4 miles but cheating a bit, so walking 2 miles, having a coffee and finishing my book. (It isn’t in my list of goals as I can only list so many but I intend to read at least a book a month and review it here) Then I will complete the other 2 miles.

I will be going to the chemist to weigh myself and get a print out. I’ll weigh once a fortnight and post the losses (or gains) here. :o

Oh dear, a new decade and the house is still messy and the dining table especially is the usual dumping ground. :eek: This will be sorted out today!

I slept well, so either the smell of ammonia soaked rags in a bowl kept the squirrels away, or they got slippers for Christmas

Wishing you all a fabulous day
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I slept well, so either the smell of ammonia soaked rags in a bowl kept the squirrels away, or they got slippers for Christmas

I love the mental image of squirrels running round in slippers :rotfl:

Enjoy your walk!
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Subscribed to new diary!

I love your goals and in particular the premium bonds. I just freed up £50 a month so I am going to buy one a month this year!

Thank you for the inspiration
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • Msmoneyspider
    Options
    What book are you planning to read this month? It will be really interesting reading your review. I am a book worm too. I am marching to "Sunrises to Santiago" on my audible at the moment.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    lindens wrote: »
    Subscribed to new diary!

I love your goals and in particular the premium bonds. I just freed up £50 a month so I am going to buy one a month this year!

Thank you for the inspiration
    I have already had a win of £25. With such low interest rates it is not a bad idea. I don't do the lottery but the odds on PBs are quite good. Good luck with yours :)
    What book are you planning to read this month? It will be really interesting reading your review. I am a book worm too. I am marching to "Sunrises to Santiago" on my audible at the moment.
    I looked up your book and it is up my street. I will order it from the library as I'm cutting down on buying books. My current read is Homesick, Why I live in a Shed by Catrina Davies. I'm really enjoying it :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family