Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pete-20-11 wrote: »
    British Gas seem to be getting better at posting cheques. Arrived within six days of submitting it.
    But ... posting cheques! What's that all about? This is 2018!
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • The_Green_Hornet
    Options
    KevinG wrote: »

British Gas hope that some of them don't get cashed.
  • KevinG
    edited 25 July 2018 at 1:57PM
    Options
    British Gas hope that some of them don't get cashed.
    Maybe but it's an accounting pain. The cheques have to be booked in the accounts as an expense as soon as issued. Then 12 months later somebody reverses the ones that haven't been cashed, if they can be bothered.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • gefnew
    gefnew Posts: 876 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All
    some times i like strange people
    regards
    gefmew
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    British Gas seem to be getting better at posting cheques. Arrived within six days of submitting it.

Mine arrived same time. To be fair that's been fairly consistent over the last 5 years
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • pete-20-11
    pete-20-11 Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

Not so bad if you’ve got a bank that allows you to scan cheques on your phone.
    PPI success. Banding success. Double Dip PCN cancelled! South facing solar (Midlands) and battery. Savings Session supporter.
  • KevinG
    Options
    Not so bad if you’ve got a bank that allows you to scan cheques on your phone.
    True, I'm looking forward to that for the one cheque a year I get :)
  • pete-20-11
    pete-20-11 Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    True, I'm looking forward to that for the one cheque a year I get :)

I’ve scanned three cheques so far using the app. Yes, they’re all from British Gas :D
    PPI success. Banding success. Double Dip PCN cancelled! South facing solar (Midlands) and battery. Savings Session supporter.
  • pjt2014
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]I received an email stating -Thank you for the reading 14,277 we recently received from you through our online system dated 18/07/2018, We have been unable to update this reading as it was higher than expected and we need meter reading photograph with Visible Meter Serial Number to process it further.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Once we receive the photograph we can then process the payment and if you have any queries please call us on the number below.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]After the longest spell of continuous sunny days in my lifetime, I'm 82 years old, I laughed and sent the required photograph complete with meter id. The same day the FIT meter reader checker verified that the meter had not been tampered with, and photographed it. I telephoned FIT at British Gas this week to be told that my photographic submission would be at the back of the queue.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Perhaps I should play the same game with my energy bills?
    [/FONT]
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I must admit that the way these firms run the FiT is as if it is "theirs" - it's not. They are simply agents. All this guff about they have changed their terms and conditions and the like really gets my goat - rant over. One or two firms seems to take this ridiculous position and holding onto money that is not theirs in the first place also annoys me but thankfully EOn who pay my FiT don't play that game.

The FiT operators are required to inspect your system annually or every two years (can't remember now), so if you did send in a ridiculously high, fabricated, reading and didn't correct it within a FiT year (where I agree you would be acting fraudulently anyway by trying to accelerate a few quid) they would pick this up with the annual read and have evidence that you had breached the FiT terms. Can't remember what the consequences are (apart, ultimately, from prosecution for fraud) but would guess you could forfeit the future payments under the contract.

So, the likes of BG really should get their act together and stop treating customers on whose behalf they are acting as payer for the government like dirt.Oh dear, I said rant over, didn't I?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback