Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• orrery
    orrery Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KevinG wrote: »
    That's exactly why all my readings are submitted (to Scottish Power) at the end of the last day of every quarter.

That's OK, other than EDF say that they need to validate the reading and if it then misses the quarter (mine ends in March), it will be paid the following quarter instead. I've always stuck it in a week early.

Pity they don't allow interim readings - I can tell them the exact reading on the day it changes.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 June 2018 at 9:09AM
    Options
    Just who are these people who 'validate' meter readings ?

I changed suppliers in April last year. I gave the initial readings to my new supplier who passed them on to the old supplier who in turn used them to prepare their final statement. However, those readings have yet to be 'validated' so even though I've supplied month end readings throughout the contract, my account is still shown with (inaccurate) 'estimates' for the start readings and no regular statements. Mind you, it's not all bad news - because they don't seem able to produce proper statements, all my direct debits are shown as credits and they're paying interest on the large positive balance ! :D

BTW, Scottish Power have always accepted - and used - intermediate readings for 31st March except that a couple of years ago they realigned my quarters so 1st April is now the start of one of them.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    I have found that EDF do accept interim readings for 1st April (when the rates change).

I let them have the reading "for information" so that they don't have to estimate it, but they have always made an interim payment.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    Options
    I have found that EDF do accept interim readings for 1st April (when the rates change).

I let them have the reading "for information" so that they don't have to estimate it, but they have always made an interim payment.

E.ON have this option too.... which I always use:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Well done to EDF again for quick turnaround.
    Meter reading submitted on June 1st and bacs email received on Monday 4th.
    £665 for the quarter, shame about March down here in this part of Devon as it was the wettest since 1991 apparently and impacted obviously on that months generation for us.
    Cheers
    Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    E.on have done it again. Meter reading entered about 22:00 on Monday, money in the bank when I looked today, Saturday. Well done guys...
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pinnks wrote: »
    E.on have done it again. Meter reading entered about 22:00 on Monday, money in the bank when I looked today, Saturday. Well done guys...

Nice one pinnks. Glad all's going smoothly with the payments and thanks for posting. :)

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sorry I have nothing to say but I'm fed up with Malc's long board name messing up my subscribed threads display!
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    KevinG wrote: »
    I'm sorry I have nothing to say but I'm fed up with Malc's long board name messing up my subscribed threads display!

Sorry about that KevinG.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • pete-20-11
    pete-20-11 Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    British Gas seem to be getting better at posting cheques. Arrived within six days of submitting it.
    PPI success. Banding success. Double Dip PCN cancelled! South facing solar (Midlands) and battery. Savings Session supporter.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback