Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• TonyTheGeek
    TonyTheGeek Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 21 May 2018 at 8:30PM
    Options
    ctdctd wrote: »
    Didn't get my normal British Gas email to submit FIT for the end of September.
    Submitted anyway, webform said successful, but got a bounce back email saying address not valid - I don't normally get an email receipt.

Phoned them up after 10 days with no cheque - they said there has been problem with the online system and said it should be working OK for next time.
    They took readings over the phone and cheque arrived a few days later.

Hopefully a transient problem as it's have been fine up to now.
    Mind you, payment by BACS would be nice if they are tinkering with the system! ...............

My problem with british gas started when the aforementioned 'change' happened last year that broke their online system last june (I have the bounce message from 3rd June).

Here we are in 2018 and they're still sending out acknowledgements that they've received the readings, then not processing the payment and claiming they didn't receive the readings.

Currently escalating with the proper customer complaints dept (who took 3 weeks to respond, not 24 hours as their website claims) who seem completely unable to grasp that just taking the reading now and paying me the backlog (6 months) isn't solving the problem as I'll have to escalate again in 3 months time..
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KevinG wrote: »
    And yet you've "not had a payment yet". How come?

I have had a letter from Good Energy. My FIT payment for the period between 25/09/17 and 16/03/18 will paid by 25th May, it will be for

£51.83

This is based on a total 366 kwh, deemed export 183 kwh.

Does that sound about right for eight panels; how about the 798 units?
  • sevenhills
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    I have had a letter from Good Energy. My FIT payment for the period between 25/09/17 and 16/03/18 will paid by 25th May, it will be for

£51.83

However, Your solar panel and Smart meter is compatible with each other. I have exported your solar panel reading which is 798 units for the date 14.05.2018. Perhaps Scottish Poewer meant that meant from day one?
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

£51.83

What were your starting figures and reading that you gave Good Energy?

Is the 798 units the figure taken from the generation meter?

I produced around 1045 kWh's between your dates for a 3.975 kW system facing south.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• orrery
    orrery Posts: 799 Forumite
    Options
    £51.83

Well, 798 units is 798kWh, so I'd guess that the payment is some form of pro-rata for part of that period and that you are owed more for the rest of it. I'd phone them and ask why the disconnect between 366 and 798.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • sevenhills
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    What were your starting figures and reading that you gave Good Energy?

Is the 798 units the figure taken from the generation meter?

I produced around 1045 kWh's between your dates for a 3.975 kW system facing south.

Scottish Power(my domestic energy provider) gave me the 798 units, I believe they got the figure via my smart meter, not sure what the starting figure was.
    I bought this house on the 25/09/17; Good Energy being my FIT provider.
    There is bird poo on one of the panels.
  • sevenhills
    Options
    orrery wrote: »
    Well, 798 units is 798kWh, so I'd guess that the payment is some form of pro-rata for part of that period and that you are owed more for the rest of it. I'd phone them and ask why the disconnect between 366 and 798.

The last time I tried to phone them, I gave up after 10 minutes.
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 799 Forumite
    Options
    Scottish Power(my domestic energy provider) gave me the 798 units, I believe they got the figure via my smart meter, not sure what the starting figure was.
    I bought this house on the 25/09/17; Good Energy being my FIT provider.
    There is bird poo on one of the panels.

The figure from the Smart meter will be export only - it can't measure generation, which is what you should be reporting. There should be another meter probably near the inverter or near where the cable goes into the fuse box.

This sounds a mess. You'll need to find the meter and then get the current reading and phone up and explain the issue.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a heads up to anyone with SSE. I submitted my FiTs readings in last week and included readings taken on 31/3 so they can accurately work out my payment.
    Well today I received my statement from them and what a surprise I had. They hadn't taken my 31/3 reading into account....instead deeming my generation for March as nearly 50% of my total generation for March to end of May. Now we all know that May was a stonker of a month so how the flip did they get their figure.
    Turns out their system can't accept split readings either(!!!!!!)
    After calculating my FiTs myself I reckon my payment was a good 20 quid out.
    I've had a major argument with them today(not the first time I might add) and someone is now apparently looking into it and re-calculating my payment
    As I said, keep an eye on them statements(especially if you're with SSE) if you want to get the right payment if your FiT crosses from the lower FiT rate to the new higher rate at the beginning of April.
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »
    #
    As I said, keep an eye on them statements(especially if you're with SSE) if you want to get the right payment if your FiT crosses from the lower FiT rate to the new higher rate at the beginning of April.
    That's exactly why all my readings are submitted (to Scottish Power) at the end of the last day of every quarter.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback