Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hi All,

Latest FIT meter reading submitted to EDF last Friday 1st December and have just received my remittance email !

Didn't expect such a quick payment with the weekend falling on the 2nd &3rd.

Well done again EDF.

Cheers to everyone and Happy Christmas !
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • Dave_Fowler
    Options
    EDF are certainly doing very well. Submitted my readings on Sunday, received confirmation email on Monday morning and BACS email on Monday afternoon! Fantastic!

Dave F
    Solar PV System 1: 2.96kWp South+8 degrees. Roof 38 degrees. 'Normal' system
    Solar PV System 2: 3.00kWp South-4 degrees. Roof 28 degrees. SolarEdge system
    EV car, PodPoint charger
    Lux LXP 3600 ACS + 6 x 2.4kWh Aoboet LFP 2400 battery storage. Installed Feb 2021
  • groovyf
    groovyf Posts: 286 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 9 January 2018 at 7:24PM
    Options
    It's been a busy few months and I didn't spot the fact British Gas never sent me an email to submit last October's solar meter readings... So I send them en email via their cust services email address and get a standard canned response email in return.
    Went to the page to submit readings, entered the info as usual and clicked Submit.
    Minutes later I get an automated email with the exact same canned response content (other than a different query ID). Normally, the email would state something along the liones of thanks for your reading, yada, yada, yada.
    Have they altered something on their backend systems? Do I need to contact them by phone to verify they've got the reading?

[Edit: Just gave British Gas a call and the lady confirmed some issues on their end with receiving online meter reading submissions, so gave her the reading there and then. That was more trouble-free than I expected!]
    4kWp system (Feb 2014) : 1.5 SW, 2.5 NE (16x Bisol BMO/250, Aurora Power-One UNO PVI-3.6 Inverter : pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=29935
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

Scottish Power seem to be excelling themselves with the latest FiT payment, it's the quickest since 2014, so someone's sharpened their pencil ...

No, don't get too excited! ... Readings submitted 01/01 ... Self bill invoice dated 12/01 received today (17/01) .... at this rate of improvement they're catching up quickly with E.ON etc, forget the 3 years it was predicted to take in a previous post, looks like they may be neck & neck in just two! <sarcasm head put aside, normality resumed>... ;):)

Invest in all this computing power to improve satisfaction & it still boils down to an accounting-driven management decision to control cash-flow ... :wall::whistle:

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    I have received a reply, they are now processing my details, and waiting for confirmation of ownership from the council, from whom I he just bought the house.

The last contact I had, they were waiting for OFGEM to confirm registration, or something like that.
    I will be having a visit to read the meter, every two years they said. I am surprised because its never been read before, it is about two years old.
    Good Energy say my first payment may come in March.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    EDF prompt again with the latest FIT payment.

Submitted on 1st Feb; payment available in bank account yesterday 7th Feb. :T
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 799 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    EDF prompt again with the latest FIT payment.

Submitted on 1st Feb; payment available in bank account yesterday 7th Feb. :T

Indeed - they can come and build my nuclear reactor for me any day.

I'll get my coat.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    Options
    Another quick turnaround from E.ON:D
    Reading in Wed evening...in the bank Tuesday AM:T
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »
    Another quick turnaround from E.ON:D
    Reading in Wed evening...in the bank Tuesday AM:T

That's good legoman62. :) Glad we're looking after you and thanks for posting.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    good energy

reading received by them 7th december
    They receive ofgem money on 14th february
    28th february and still not in my bank account
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts