Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Malc, how is the eonenergy.com website this afternoon?

It's okay now michaels. There were some issues yesterday afternoon and first thing this morning but these have been fixed and you can log in now if you wish.

Sorry for the inconvenience michaels.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Woofwoof
    Woofwoof Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, British Gas seem to have a problem at the moment. I submitted last quarter's figures in response to their email request. Got an email receipt from them. Waited 28 days, then contacted them. They had no record of my reading - well, what was the receipt for?

Gave them a new reading 11 days ago ... not received a cheque yet. Usually the cheque would be here in that time. They had been pretty good up to September 2017.
  • pete-20-11
    Options
    British Gas temporarily lost mine too, over a month delay.

It seems they changed their email address, but didn't update their web form.

So when I filled in the form and clicked send, I got an email saying this email address is no longer in use! Useless!

Emailed them to highlight this issue - they responded after a month!
    PPI success. Banding success. Double Dip PCN cancelled! South facing solar (Midlands) and battery. Savings Session supporter.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Didn't get my normal British Gas email to submit FIT for the end of September.
    Submitted anyway, webform said successful, but got a bounce back email saying address not valid - I don't normally get an email receipt.

Phoned them up after 10 days with no cheque - they said there has been problem with the online system and said it should be working OK for next time.
    They took readings over the phone and cheque arrived a few days later.

Hopefully a transient problem as it's have been fine up to now.
    Mind you, payment by BACS would be nice if they are tinkering with the system! ...............
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • Exiled_Tyke
    Exiled_Tyke Posts: 1,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Same thing happened to me (twice) and I had a long conversation with the EON Fit Team who clarified what their meter reading process was, as follows:

1. Call unannounced and if they can't get access to read the meter send first letter with approximate date they will call again
    2. Call unannounced for a second time and if they still can't get access to read the meter send second letter with another approximate date they will call again
    3. Call unannounced for a third time and if they still can't get access to read the meter send a third letter requesting you contact them to arrange a date/time for the meter to be read

As you say, there must be more efficient ways for E.ON to do this,(maybe they could add a notification/booking function to the web site where you enter your quarterly meter readings), but when I spoke with them they didn't seem to be that bothered about it.

Well this isn't what happened to me. What did was:

1. August - called unannounced, wrote to tell me they would come again around the 1st Oct.
    2. no further news until a call today (25th). Fortunately I was in which puts this to bed for a while but it's still a poor system (to call it a system is probably a bit in appropriate)
    Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
    Install 2: Sept 19, 600W SSE
    Solax 6.3kWh battery
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »
    Sent my FIT reading Tuesday evening, money in the bank this morning:)
    3 working days. Well done E.ON:T

Same again:D 3 working days for my FIT payment from E.ON:T
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,887 Forumite
    Options
    I bought my council house along with the solar panels at the end of September. My solicitor should have dealt with all the forms, but not heard anything from 'Good Energy' yet.
    I have contacted Good Energy before but got no where, I have just filled in an online complaint form, just to get things in writing.
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Silly question perhaps but have you checked with your solicitor to check that the FiT paperwork was done? And are the panels now yours of has the council retained ownership (or a.n.other) as a type of rent-a-roof?
  • sevenhills
    edited 22 November 2017 at 11:57AM
    Options
    pinnks wrote: »
    Silly question perhaps but have you checked with your solicitor to check that the FiT paperwork was done? And are the panels now yours of has the council retained ownership (or a.n.other) as a type of rent-a-roof?

Yes, I called in a few weeks after completion. I have ownership, but not seen anything in writing yet.
    Mon 16/10
    We have also sent the relevant form to ‘Good Energy’ and hopefully these should be in touch with us shortly.
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • sevenhills
    Options
    I have received a reply, they are now processing my details, and waiting for confirmation of ownership from the council, from whom I he just bought the house.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback