Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch Posts: 3,148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Now there's a coincidence, I had exactly the same response from BG after submitting our first ever fit reading. It took two weeks for this email to be despatched from the date of fit submission and judging from the experience above it could be sometime before I receive remuneration for the amount owed.

And people wonder why we become more cynical as we get older!:rotfl:
    :jAt last! cheque arrived today. Reading despatched 24th Aug so they only missed their target of processing payment within one month, by a week! Hope it doesn't bounce.:D
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    manda1205 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for slight hijack. But just wondering if the eon rep can help me please? I was supposed to give meter reading in by 23rd Sep but missed it and now can't log into account as keep getting incorrect log in error, even though I've reset the password and certain nothing is wrong. Can I call in the reading? Is it too late, do I wait for December now? If I can call could you give me the number please. Many thanks.

Hello manda1205 and don't worry. You can phone us with your reading.

Please use the link gefnew has provided above - thanks gefnew. The phone number is in the FAQs - sorry but MSE don't like company reps posting links and contact details.

We use a reading window that opens 14 days before the expected reading date (on your FIT plan) and closes 7 days afterwards. As long as we've a validated reading within this window, the payment for that quarter will be made. If not, the payment will be rolled over to the next quarter.

Sorry, too, you're unable to log in to your online account. We've been having intermittent difficulties with the website recently including now. Please try again tomorrow. If you still can't log in, try re-setting the password again.

Thanks manda1205.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    gefnew wrote: »

Thanks for posting the link gefnew. As above, MSE frown on company reps doing this.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,271 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Meter reading entered late on 25th. Money in the account this morning, so 6 calendar days really. Well done (again) E.ON :beer:
    Options
    pinnks wrote: »
    Meter reading entered late on 25th. Money in the account this morning, so 6 calendar days really. Well done (again) E.ON :beer:

Nice one pinnks. Glad we're on the ball. :j

Malc
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,557 Forumite
    Options
    Well done E.ON. 3 working day turn round with my FIT payment:T
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »
    Well done E.ON. 3 working day turn round with my FIT payment:T

That's great legoman62. Thanks for letting us know. :T

Malc
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,902 Forumite
    Options
    pinnks wrote: »
    I would assume that energy companies make a profit from our solar generation, so they would offer some form of incentive if we sign up for all three - solar, supply of gas and electricity.
    In 2017 net profits for Eon were between €1.2 billion and €1.45 billion. :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 November 2018 at 3:40PM
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    I would assume that energy companies make a profit from our solar generation, so they would offer some form of incentive if we sign up for all three - solar, supply of gas and electricity.
    In 2017 net profits for Eon were between €1.2 billion and €1.45 billion. :D

FITs are paid for out of a levy added to all consumer energy bills. This is why when you switch suppliers there is no need to switch your generation contract.

http://www.fitariffs.co.uk/fits/principles/funding/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure