Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope marking is going well. Is this the worst time of year for you teachers?

How amazing to know you will be mortgage free this year!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I have just twigged that we will indeed be able to pay off our mortgage this year! Though we may not pay it all off, depends on ERC, make keep a token £10 in there until the end date. I think Tilly has done that?

Fantastic stuff! :beer:

Tilly had £10 on her mtge in her 'old' house - but I guess that might have got repaid when she moved?

Hope you've had a good break
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Great news re the possible mortgage payoff!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ooph.

Back from camping.

Want to go to bed but big sis is due here soon, so I have to stay up. And she's running late. Boo. Had a great time, though didn't sleep well. Was up at 5.30 this morning, ugh. Driving back was good - it took us 4 hours but we must've stopped for over 45 mins at some services, and then it was the last 8 miles that took forever. Left in sunshine and once we got to the M25, it poured and poured and poured. DH is still there, packing down the site. In glorious sunshine.

Here, it kept on thundering for a few hours - the rain was so hard that it overwhelmed the guttering and just poured over the sides!

The tent was dry to pack up, apart from the base, so it is spread over the sofas and floor to try to dry it out. It smells of camping in here!

I decided not to do any marking today as my brain is barely functioning, and it wouldn't be fair on the candidates to mark in this condition. Gulp - 4 days of nowt means a lot of catching up to do. And dd is around. And big sis. And we're off to bham overnight on thurs. Methinks I'll be getting up early tomorrow... (tho not at 5.30 if I can help it...)

Enough wittering on.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Yesterday, I marked on and off from 7.30 until 3.30, in order to finish what needed doing to be able to send it to my leader. It addled my brain! But it got that particular deadline sorted. Taking in to account the days 'lost' by coming up here, I need to hit 15 per day to finish on time. Easier to do with foundation ones, but much trickier with higher. (I also need to go to work!) And I have more h than f to do, so must set up a rota to alternate them

Today I was woken by the recyc men at 6.03, and got up by 6.30 as I wasn't getting anywhere near falling asleep again. For once I did my stretching, and also managed to mark 3 before big sis and dd got up.

And we are all now in bham again (big sis, dd and I). Dd and I went to see mum and then did a lot of walking to visit certain charity shops. We didn't buy a huge amount - phew - as we know we have to carry it all home tomorrow!

And tomorrow we go to the solicitor and then head home, hopefully. Back to marking...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Bagged myself my first NSD of the month.

Sorted out stuff with the solicitor.

Travelled home smoothly.

Marked 5 scripts.

Hung up just in time to avoid reporting the autoaid payment as fraudulent.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Slept poorly - dh has a cold and snores. Like a revving motorbike. Then stops. Then snores. Then coughs and splutters. Then snores...

I got up in the end at 6 and cracked on with some marking. Yesterday dh took dd to dance and I got 20 done. Today I've done 15 - the required daily quota - as well as kids klub, mowing the front and making some plastic bunting to hang on the back fence.

Tomorrow I have to go to work. Yikes. But only until 11, as it is an activity week and I have shifted my days around. Plenty of work to do for my day trip to France on Friday. And exam papers still to mark with the associated reports to write. I'll not be sitting around twiddling my thumbs...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Cor, yesterday's time at work was spent running around and sorting many many things out for the trip. It seemd that each task required 2 or 3 things to be done prior to it being done itself. Ah well. Stuff got done.

And so did marking. Like wading through treacle.

Today I got up early and did my kettle bell workout. I have upped the time to 18 mins but gone back to using the 8K KB for now.

Took dd to school, saw my counsellor, did some food shopping, did 2 lots of washing, ate s super healthy lunch (7 RAW veg - go me!), watched a smattering of tennis, and ... marked. A different tier, so I am motoring through this lot. Still have around 150 in total to do, so must keep trundling on with it. Think I'll alternate the easy with the harder as otherwise, I'll put off the harder until the end and then be kicking myself constantly.

Pah. Am witteringo n so as to postpone re-starting! Best go...
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Wow sounding so busy, nearly there now I hope x
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Ha ha! The marking really does take such a lonnng time. I 'only' did 16 today, despite 'motoring' through. But I did also read through some stuff for the next component, when I'm a more senior examiner. And am expected to know all the answers. Yikes.

A friend has just arranged to take me out for a gf afternoon tea - twas my bday present. It is 4 days before the deadline. So I need to up my daily quota to 18-20 to get it all done. Let's see how it goes...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback