Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Pmcm wrote: »
    I have just spoken to the court and they were pretty unhelpful. I was told that it was a judicial decision and if I wanted to apply to have the stay lifted I would have to fill in the form and pay £50 to apply!

Well I've never heard of that happening! The inconsistency in our legal system is a complete joke, like JP says, you have no choice but to pay the ridiculous fee and continue, please don't let this stop you from claiming.....

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It seems unusual to me, too but it may depend on the wording of the order imposing the stay. Usually when a case is stayed pending the outcome of an appeal in a test case the order would say something along the lines that either party may apply be letter to remove the stay.
    I shouldn't worry too much though as you will get the £50 back if you win the case. Also make sure that when you send the N244, you ask the Judge to make the order without a hearing and without notice to the other party (hence the £50 fee)
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pmcm,
    Enough written there already with good advice that you would get your £50 returned when you win your case. The difficulty that you and many others have at the moment is simply getting your cases heard, now, all been well, when RA's appeal against the Allen/Barnes case is heard and deliberated upon, RA hopefully will have dug their own grave on this issue.

Now, just because this is a money saving website and forum you do have the option to wait until the outcome of the appeal.
    If RA lose as very many think they will, then the judge and your court may see things differently and waive the need for a formal application and fee.
    Then again, with the experience you have had with your court so far they may not....
    I'd be proceeding but of course the choice is yours.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Normally there is a time limit to get the stay lifted, it was 28 days - I think in my case, or my case would be automatically struck out.

Be careful, don't lose out if you decide to wait....

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • NoviceAngel
    Options

• Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Normally there is a time limit to get the stay lifted, it was 28 days - I think in my case, or my case would be automatically struck out.

Be careful, don't lose out if you decide to wait....

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

Fair point Novice, my point being that if RA lose their appeal all stay's should be lifted anyway. From the stays' that I have seen there is no mention of the cases being struck out.
    And hey if the UK courts can let our Irish friends respond within a timescale that suits them....it should be good enough for our 'litigant in person' friends too.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Yeah, depends on the wording of the DJ in the claimants individual case, some word it in a reasonable way, others like above with Pmcm, then require a formal application, if Pmcm posts the exact wording then I'm sure you can advise further.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone had any success requesting details from Ryanair using a Subject Access Request (SAR)?
  • Pmcm_2
    Pmcm_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, depends on the wording of the DJ in the claimants individual case, some word it in a reasonable way, others like above with Pmcm, then require a formal application, if Pmcm posts the exact wording then I'm sure you can advise further.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

Hi NoviceAngel,
    the wording of the DJ, is this the letter that came from the judge informing me I had to send in an application?
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Pmcm wrote: »
    Hi NoviceAngel,
    the wording of the DJ, is this the letter that came from the judge informing me I had to send in an application?

Yeah, I was meaning more the orginal letter informing of the stay mine was as follows:-
    4. Further to the defendant and/or it's legal representative notifying the Claimant and/or his legal representative of the decision of the Court of Appeal on the Defendant's application for permission to appeal and/or, should permission to appeal be granted, the determination of the appeal thereafter, the Claimant and/or his legal representative shall request to the Court, within 28 days of notification, that the stay be lifted otherwise the claim shall be automatically struck out.

mine only ever said 'request to the court'.

Have you sent the N244 off ?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback