Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options
articlealert.gif

This thread is specifically to discuss ways to boost collecting and using your Tesco Clubcard Points as discussed in the

Loyalty Cards Article

You can also join in a Loyalty Card article discussion plus discussions about boosting your Nectar points , Boots Advantage Card points, and Airmiles.

To discuss or ask a question about the article: click reply
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the fresh new thread Andrea :T

For reference the previous discussion thread can be found HERE.
  • pen_and_paper
    Options
    I have just spent the past few...well I don't want to admit to hours but getting close...reading through this thread! My mind is buzzing with it all but I have made myself some notes and am going shopping tomorrow! Thanks everyone for your hints and tips.
    Taking small steps to get myself more organised- both financially and in other areas too:D Big steps coming soon!
  • goodybags
    goodybags Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there can some of you moneysaving experts help me
    Looking for advice

re Tesco ClubcardPlus, which i am thinking of getting

before Iapply is it subject to any credit check's?
    or need to be on electrol roll etc..... ?

in anticipation of your help
    thanx
    goodybags:j
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    goodybags wrote: »
    Looking for advice

thanx

I have clubcard plus and would highly recommend it. I believe you need to ring Tesco finance up for this and they will send you an application form. I think there would be some sort of credit check as you get an overdraft equal to the amount that you pay in by standing order. For example I put £350 a month into my clubcard plus account and I will if needed (it would have to be a huge emergency), I would be able to spend £700. I have no idea what the interest rate would be if you went into the overdraft - I only did it once a couple of years ago by mistake and I think I was charged 20p!!:D
    Since mine is one of the older accounts with clubcard plus I still get double points on everything I buy, which is brilliant!:beer:

Hope this helps!

r
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • Jollygiantswife
    Options
    goodybags wrote: »
    Looking for advice

thanx

The Clubcard Plus is not subject to a credit check unless you apply for an overdraft facility.

I've had mine for 6 months or so now, without an overdraft facility and my points have shot up!

Give Tesco Personal Finance a call, ask for an application form. You'll need to fill it in and send it back with two examples of ID i.e. household bills etc and your card should be through within a couple of weeks.

Hths!
  • goodybags
    goodybags Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :beer:
    ok thanks for those who have assured me on that
    will call them
  • Retired_Minky
    Options
    what's the number for Tesco Finance?
    thanks
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    binning wrote: »
    what's the number for Tesco Finance?
    thanks

to quote Martin,

Double Earn Points. Receive 2 points per pound on instore/online shopping paying by Tesco's little known Clubcard Plus account. It requires a standing order, but just do this for £1/month then top it up at customer services before each shop, as cash is immediately credited. Avoid going overdrawn though as the rate's not good! Applications are phone only, the official number is 08457 104 010 but you should be able to get through via freephone 0800 406050 too.
  • fiish
    fiish Posts: 815 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Used a number on SayNoTo0870 (I don't have a landline so even 0800 calls cost me :(), somehow got through to lost/stolen cards (if you have a CC with Tesco and didn't get through then, really sorry for wasting your time :P). Got bounced around 4 different departments before getting to Clubcard Plus. Now I have an application form on its way.

The kind lady at the other end did mention there would be a credit check though.

I'm seeing this as a possibly good way of making a food budget and sticking to it :D Can just stick a fixed amount in each month and it will force me to keep my spending down. Extra Clubcard points don't hurt, either.
  • Retired_Minky
    Options
    aureol212 wrote: »
    to quote Martin,

Double Earn Points. Receive 2 points per pound on instore/online shopping paying by Tesco's little known Clubcard Plus account. It requires a standing order, but just do this for £1/month then top it up at customer services before each shop, as cash is immediately credited. Avoid going overdrawn though as the rate's not good! Applications are phone only, the official number is 08457 104 010 but you should be able to get through via freephone 0800 406050 too.

Thanks. Got through on the 08457 number. they didn't want to help on the 0800 number.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure